About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 202   

Hello, I am looking for a study partner for preparation of my GRE Exam. If interested, please add me on Studypal.co or text me here. Studypal also provides free mentoring by experts and that too for free. Please respond ASAP as I have to begin my preparations soon

I have prepared for CAT and expecting a decent score. I just wanted to explore the opportunity of giving GMAT as well. So just to gauge my preparation level which will be the best site to give a 'free mock' so that i get a fair idea as to how close i actually am to the GMAT level of preparation?

• 1 Like   4 Comments
  • @GMATinsight thanks for the special insight. i think i am.... 11h.
  • It might take time from 1 month to 3 months depending on .... 11h.
anuj.agrawal47
Anuj Agrawal @anuj.agrawal47 13

@GMATinsight thanks for the special insight. i think i am quite capable of handling the quantitative aptitude section/ my concern, as it is with many other people, will be the verbal section. According to you how long will it take to prepare for the verbal section? 

GMATinsight
GMAT INSIGHT @GMATinsight 143

It might take time from 1 month to 3 months depending on your current level and understanding of basic skills needed to handle 3 types of questions

1) Sentence Correction

2) Critical Reasoning

3) Reading Comprehension

You may take a One-on-One FREE demo class to have a real assessment of your comfort with these section.

We are just a mail/call away

Prosper!!!

'GMATinsight'

Admissions open at Goa Institute of Management

Studying at GIM will change you; transforming you into a competent leader. A learning experience based on Ethics, Diversity, Innovation, Research and Social Sensitivity, specifically designed to launch you into a rewarding and successful career.

Apply Now.

Learn more about us.

Start Downloading

Hi,

I am an Engineering graduate with 1.7 years of Work Ex in IT

10th- 89%

12th-87%

Graduation - 8.7/10

I have given CAT this time and am expecting a decent score (>92%ile). Am in a confusion whether to give GMAT or not. Is the high exam fee justified? Considering my work Ex, what are the top colleges and courses I would be eligible to apply to? MBA abroad require a higher work ex and the course fee is high as well. So, I am looking for options in India and other good Asian schools which are not expensive. What would be the last date for these schools to take into consideration,a valid GMAT score(so that i could plan the exam accordingly)? Finally, What would be the expected scores to make it into top Indian B schools accepting GMAT? 

Thanks in advance,

Vivek

• I would suggest you work for atleast another year and the.... 1d.
  • I would recommend that you prepare & take your GMAT as pr.... 20h.
ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 890

I would suggest you work for atleast another year and then think of GMAT. It is advisable to have atleast 3-4 years of work exp, to get  into top  B Schools like  ISB, NUS, NTU etc in Asia. For Application deadlines, you can visit the websites of the Schools you want to apply to.. Generally most Schools have their deadlines between Sept- March.  To get into a top B School like ISB, you need to target a score in the range of 680 -720 at least

nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 7

I would recommend that you prepare & take your GMAT as preparing for GMAT along with job will take you at least 3-4 months. The GMAT scores are valid for 5 years. So once you have your GMAT scores you can plan when you want to apply and where you wants to apply. Normally good B schools abroad require 3-5 yrs of work experience.

Hi every one.

I am newbie to this group and site. Can any please let me know the scope, future and requirements for Emba?

Currently I have 4.5 years of IT experience am planing to give GMAT and go for emba.

Can anyone please shade some light on the same?

Thanks in advance.

• Emba or executive MBA concept abroad( US B Schools) are g.... 1d.
  • Well, EMBA is a good option for working professionals as .... 20h.
ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 890

Emba or executive MBA concept abroad( US B Schools) are generally about taking evening classes along with a full time job. Scope would be acquiring managerial skills and business acumen.

nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 7

Well, EMBA is a good option for working professionals as it is either offered part-time or is of lesser duration as compared to regular MBA programs. Moreover, the classes comprise of experienced professionals from different domains & industries thus providing you with great exposure and knowledge sharing. Most of the people who enroll for EMBA target either a domain switch or a middle management level position in their existing domain.

Hello everyone. I am new to this thread and I have a lot of questions in my mind. I would appreciate if you could help me out with this.

10th Std. -92%

12th Std. 87%

Currently in the final year of engineering and till now have secured 67 % (after converting into CGPI, it will be around 8.5/10 and GPA will be around 3.6/10)

I wish to give Gmat in February or March 2015. So what I want to know is that if I give Gmat in the above mentioned month, will I still be able to participate in the full time MBA programmes of the B-schools of India or not.

Also, if I am not able to apply for 2015, then in order to apply for 2016, do I need to give Gmat once more?

I mean do the B-schools have some specific criteria that one can apply with their Gmat scores taken in less than an year from the application or some other criteria of this sort?

With the score that I get in Gmat, till how many years can I apply for the Indian B-schools?

Also what should be a good score for getting in the top Indian B-schools.

Thanks in advance.

• Samir, your GMAT score is valid for between 3-5 years dep.... 1d.
  • Dear Samir, If you are looking at B schools abroad then y.... 20h.
amit91jangir
Amit Jangir @amit91jangir 12

Samir, your GMAT score is valid for between 3-5 years depending on which college you to choose to apply for. However keep in mind that most colleges have strict post graduation work ex cut-offs( atleast two years). In India I think you would only be able to apply to SP Jain with the work ex.So for the time being relax and start working

nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 7

Dear Samir, If you are looking at B schools abroad then you need to gain minimum 2-3 years of work experience though some of the top B schools may demand even upto 5 years. Further, the GMAT scores are valid for 5 years and you do not need to retake the test during this period. If you wants to go for MBA right away then crack CAT and look for good options in India itself.

Hi, I'm done with my GMAT , now want to concentrate on second part i.e. essays and GDPI. Any suggestions for kolkata ? I have heard about "Backspace" and many of my friends from there have got into elite colleges but unfortuately I'm not in contact with them right now. If anyone happens to know about "Backspace (http://backspacecommunication.com/)" , please let me know. It's kind of URGENT.

• 1 Like  
  • Hello Piyush, Hope you're doing well. You have done wit.... 1d.
  • Hello Piyush, Hope you're doing well. You have done wit.... 1d.
shoaibahmed66
Shoaib Ahmed @shoaibahmed66 2

Hello Piyush,

Hope you're doing well.

You have done with your GMAT sounds good, but if you want any help like drafting your essays, recommendations and interview etc. from any of the consultant make sure that you get the good suggestion from the b-school alumnus only.

Hope this helps you,

Cheers!

shoaibahmed66
Shoaib Ahmed @shoaibahmed66 2

Hello Piyush,

Hope you're doing well.

You have done with your GMAT sounds good, but if you want any help like drafting your essays, recommendations and interview etc. from any of the consultant make sure that you get the good suggestion from the b-school alumnus only.

Hope this helps you,

Cheers!

www.genedmba.com

Hi I am a B.Com Hons grad with 2.5 years work ex in a Big 4 and a top ranking Asset Management Firm. My GMAT score is 680. 

10th score - 86% 

12th score - 95% 

college - 70% 

My work ex has been quite substantive where I even lead projects and mentored senior colleagues in my team on certain aspects. I can get good recommendations from my employers. 

I am considefing applying to ISB, SP Jain and NUS for their MBA programs and HEC Paris and Esade for Msc in Finance. 

Do I stand a chance with this score? Realistically, speaking.

• 8 Comments
  • @Manali21 , you can write to us at contact@mbadecoder.com.... 19h.
  • Hi @Manali21 Let me know if you need any assistance wit.... 18h.
mba-help
MBA Decoder @mba-help 1,401

@Manali21 , you can write to us at contact@mbadecoder.com or fill up the form (link below), for an in-depth profile evaluation (yes, its free of cost!). Its best to take an informed decision, and we would like to help you there.

Namita Garg

http://mbadecoder.com/write-free-profile-evaluation/

askrohan
Rohan kumar @askrohan 52

Hi @Manali21
Let me know if you need any assistance with your essays or free initial consultation. You can also send PM for detailed discussion. Predict your chances for top B-schools by visiting here http://goo.gl/PHGNNL                                                                                                                     

For Free GMAT Quant classes in Gurgaon, please email deepakiitmit[at]gmail

Classes by an achiever, motivated to guide aspirants.

Limited seats. Only serious applicants to email.

Thanks. 

Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management at IIM Bangalore accepts GMAT scores for application.

http://www.iimb.ernet.in/pgppm

Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy & Management | Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
The Post Graduate Programme in Public Policy and Management (PGPPM) is one of the key long-duration programs offered by the IIM Bangalore. This programme aims at strengthening the public policy and managerial skills of future leaders and senior managers from the civil services; and professionals from social, infrastructure and private sectors.

Ernet

• 2 Likes  

Hey,

I have a work experience of a little over 3 years. 

Scored 93.6% in class 10, 90.2% in class 12 and 75.8% in B.Tech(Galgotias College, Uttar Pradesh Technical University).

Planning to take the GMAT in Mid Jan. I have not really started the prep though i had been preparing for the CAT for some time.

If i were to dream a practical dream, which could be the topmost US business school i could aim for? 

I do not have much volunteering or extra-curricular experience except for some public speaking done mainly at School level and them some at college and office level (just joined Toastmasters for 1-2 months when i was working with previous company).

Thanks in advance! 

Cheers!

Rahul

• 1 Like  
  • Hi, You can aim for top 20 US schools since you have .... 2d.
askrohan
Rohan kumar @askrohan 52

Hi,

You can aim for top 20 US schools since you have decent academics and work experience but this is not sufficient, try to build your profile for next one year, target 700+ GMAT score and gain some strong work experience. Most of the US B-schools value leadership skills, your achievements at work place, profile diversity so focus on these aspects and start your preparation.

Wish you all the best!! Let me know if you have any questions

Regards

Rohan

www.genedmba.com

Hello,

I am looking for a good GMAT coaching centre in Mumbai. Though i stumbled upon some options like Jamboree, the review sites have landed me in a mess of confusion. It would be of great help if somebody can help me through this. Institute advertisers please excuse.

To give a better idea of my requirement, i am OK at quants and need some good support in V, IR and AWA. 

• Hi, having gone through quite a bit of gmat prep- I can s.... 6d.
kritika7
@kritika7 2

Hi, having gone through quite a bit of gmat prep- I can say that invest good time in your prep - assume you'll take at least 6 months to prepare really well. I went with Jamboree- but the Delhi centre- it was good for quant because the teacher was very good and supportive. For verbal, I highly recommend the online e-gmat course- it is simply brilliant- check it out. Attend free webinars, go through all the free material, if convinced then go ahead and buy it. For SC i recommend Manhattan SC guide- for me the e-gmat process was lengthy but the theory I learnt from e-gmat was extremely helpful. All the best! 

Hi, I am an electronic engineer with 2 years work exp. I answered my GRE today and score 317 overall. 150 in verbal and 167 in quant. My aggregate graduation percentage is 64%. I want to pursue MS in either embedded or networking. Which colleges should I apply?

• Well depending on your TOEFL scores, you can apply to UT .... 6d.
nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 7

Well depending on your TOEFL scores, you can apply to UT Dallas, UNC Charlotte, IIT Chicago, CSU Fresno and the like 

Hello!

My aim is to get into NUS or Nanyang for 2015 intake! What steps should I take so that I can definitely make it in. My acads are 10th 80% 12th 80% and Engineering 61% Agg . I have a work ex of 2.2 yrs . Also have some decent extra curricular works done. : I had taken the GMAT but could manage a good score, hence shall be giving it again in Jan. Also since by work was associated with Sustainability could u please suggest if doing MBA in sustainability/Business Sustainability  would be a good option and which colleges around the world would are best suited for my Profile.

Thank You!

• 1 Like   11 Comments
  • thumbsup @Saurabh Srivastava im sailing in the same boat. 5d.
  • @saurabh.jets could you please tell me more about " sus.... 3d.
Grk9
kishore Goteti @Grk9 694

thumbsup @Saurabh Srivastava im sailing in the same boat

LeoN88
Arnab Chatterjee @LeoN88 3,336
@saurabh.jets

could you please tell me more about "

sustainability/Business Sustainability"; I am just curious...

Hi, I am currently working in an MNC (Let's say TCS) for past 1 year.

B.Tech. in Electronics and Communication - 67%

12th - 78%

10th - 81%

Some extra curricular activities at School/College level.

I want to do MS in Computer Science from US/Canada. What is a good GRE score for my profile for good colleges (top 10/20/50)? Plz advise...

• Dear Ajay, though the entire profile is cumulatively take.... 6d.
nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 7

Dear Ajay, though the entire profile is cumulatively taken into account while granting admit but I recommend that you try to score at least 310+ in your GRE in order to apply to to 20 colleges. Good Luck!

Hello Everyone, I'm Rohit and am currently pursuing my Masters from NUS, Singapore. In the past few years I've interacted with a lot of MBA consultants and have helped few of my friends get there applications together. During the process I realised the big disconnect that exists between MBA/MS applicants and the universities. This has prompted me to come ahead and help my fellow friends in putting up there applications together. I'm offering to work as an "Freelance Application Advisor". You can contact me and brief me about your profile, where you currently are in your whole application process and of course your career plans. If I believe I can help you, we will take things further and start working on your application. My intention here is to get exposed to variety of applicants and help them in whichever way I can. I would expect a small token amount to be paid upfront, though not compulsory. My intention here is to help others with whatever I've learned of the whole process. Keep in mind I'm not a professional or a pro in the applications process. All I can say is I'll try my best to help you out!

• 5 Likes  
  • its a good endeavour, keep it up. 18 Nov.
  • Sorry, forgot to mention, I don't usually check my pagalg.... 7d.
rohitbansal1507
@rohitbansal1507 11

Sorry, forgot to mention, I don't usually check my pagalguy account. So please reach me out at "rohitbansal1507@gmail.com" Thanks...

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

7791 people follow this discussion.