Free CAT Questions

You get official solutions with each question, and our insights to help you track your preparation.

Click here!
SHOW

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

• Created by @Neo2000
The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as... Read More »

@MansieDewanConsulting@mba-help - I plan to give my GMAT on the 16th of October. Please let me know which colleges in US can I target for R1 and some good options to try for R2 in US.

I have 4 years of experience into IT sector with international exposure. I have more than 85% aggregate in both 10th and 12th standards.

In extra curriculars I have won accolades in debates, group discussions, drama competitions and singing competitions as well.

Please let me know the score I should target and if you can provide some good colleges in US to target for R1/R2; with good chances of scholarships as well.

I am also inclined to ISB and INSEAD apart from the colleges in US.

• 1 Like  
  • Hi Naman! What is your college CGPA/Percentage? And your .... 6h.
MansieDewanConsulting
Mansie Dewan @MansieDewanConsulting 2.2 k

Hi Naman! What is your college CGPA/Percentage? And your projected GMAT score? What do you plan to do post MBA? Any geographical preferences? Here, I am assuming that you score a 720 plus in the GMAT, have a decent GPA, want to target US schools in addition to ISB& INSEAD and are planning to stay to connected to Technology/IT. You could look at colleges like Wharton, Anderson, Tepper, McCombs, and Kelley. Among these, you could look at applying to Anderson in R1. Move the rest to R2. There's no point in submitted hurried applications. 

PS: These are only suggestions. In order to finalise target schools, you must do your OWN research and remember, use the Rankings only as a supplement to your own research; don't base your choice of schools solely on the rankings. Good Luck and God Bless!!

Hi Experts/Consultants,

I am preparing for CAT '14/XAT '15 and aiming for IIMs and other top institutes like SP Jain, MDI, FMS, XLRI, XIMB, only. However, in the worst case if I don't get a decent percentile to manage calls from the above institutes; I am planning to appear for GRE next year. I am currently working in family business of pharmaceutical company and have a total of 2 years of work ex. Kindly suggest the ideal time for GRE preparation, considering the fact that I am well prepared for CAT '14. Also, when should I take GRE to get admission around July-Sept?

TIA

School Of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies, across various industry verticals that believe in the philosophy – Redefine education. Redefine leadership. Admissions Open!

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now

Hi All,

I recently appeared for the GMAT and scored a 750 (Q 50, V41) on my first attempt. I received an AWA of 4.5 .

I have a total of 5 years of experience working for two different IT companies. I have been in the financial domain throughout working in core banking implementations and business analytics.

Would need advice on what kind of college can I apply to in India. Also what kind of scholarship can I manage in case I apply and get selected for some US program. I cannot afford the fees for US schools on my own.

• 1 Like  
  • Hi Soham, Congratulations on a great GMAT score - that k.... 5d.
  • Hey Namita, filled up the form at your above mentioned li.... 4d.
mba-help
MBA Decoder @mba-help 1.2 k

Hi Soham,

Congratulations on a great GMAT score - that kind of score also helps with the scholarships. 

Your best choices in India are the ISB (application deadline- 30th November) and the executive programs of the IIM, where you can start to apply next July onwards.

Do reach out to us- you have an interesting profile and we would like to hear more!!

Namita Garg,

http://www.mbadecoder.com/mba

soham_gmat
Soham Dutta @soham_gmat 2

Hey Namita, filled up the form at your above mentioned link. Also, would like to know what kind of programs are there in Asia outside India which are highly ranked but aren't as expensive as the programs in US.

Hey! consultants.....i have a gmat score of 710 4+ years of work ex in project management at mining location Btech gpa:9.07 KIIT BBSR, 12th:75% 10th 86%  Post MBA:Supply chain management.....what are my chances at ISB,NUS,NTU?What is the expenses at US Bschools(tutition+living)..........also your thoughts on Singapore Management University for my profile 

• 1 Like  
  • @Llewellyn75 ,@ivyctor2010. 5d.
  • Nitesh, An easy answer is- your chances are as good as a.... 5d.
mba-help

Nitesh,

An easy answer is- your chances are as good as any one else's! From the limited information I have here, it seems that your stats are competitive for these b-schools

The more difficult answer is - it depends upon the overall competitiveness of your profile. What is your career progress like? What achievements do you have to your name? how have you made an impact on your company's business? What are your extra curricular achievements like?

You have not mentioned these, thats the reason i am asking. Submitting a strong application, which features all of the points above in positive light will definitely help.

Do write to us for an indepth discussion and profile evaluation.

Namita Garg

http://www.mbadecoder.com

I would be really grateful if someone could help asses my Profile :

I am an ERP Consultant in IT with 4.5 years of Experience. My GMAT Score is 700 and I have not given TOEFL/IELTS.

My Academic Credentials are pretty average.                                   10th - 76, 12th - 64, B.E - 70

I have extensive Volunteer Experience in Teaching , Voter Awareness Campaigns and Campaign Management.

Have won competitions at National and Collegiate level , Also awarded for a documentary on Problems faced by poor children in Govt Schools.  

I am interested to apply in US but I am really confused with which US Schools I should go for in Round 1 and Round 2. 

I would be grateful If someone could shed some light on this and help me.

• 3Comments
  • You score is good and you should definitely look at Schoo.... 7d.
  • @Nomad007 \- Hi Vishal!! R1 or R2?? Baffles many applic.... 5d.
ISBmantra.com
ISB mantra @ISBmantra.com 1.2 k

Hi @Nomad007 ! Your profile seems good and a 700 GMAT isn't bad either. You may mail us your CV on info[at]essaysunday[dot]com so we can provide a detailed feedback. 

All the Best!

'ISBmantra / EssaySunday Consulting'

ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 872

You score is good and you should definitely look at Schools like CMU, Ross, Mc Combs, USC Marshall etc. For a more detailed discussion, you could get in touch through the PM

mba-help

@Nomad007 - Hi Vishal!!

R1 or R2??

Baffles many applicants! 

We suggest you use both the rounds - a lot of b-schools are already over their Round deadlines, or will be getting done with them by mid October, which may not be feasible for you. But if you can make a push for the b-schools that have their deadlines after/around October 20th, then you should try to hit two b-schools in the next 2 months. Spreading your time between both these rounds is always a good idea so that you can put in your best effort into the applications.

Do reach out to us for a free consultation.

Namita Garg

http://www.nbadecoder.com/mba

I am an Indian but I am applying to IIMs and SP Jain and XLRI through GMAT.. I don't have work ex but I completed MS from USA. I know that SP can take 680 around for marketing. But what score is safe for IIMs..I can apply to Shillong, Udaipur, Rohtak. Please suggest.  What other top 10 B-schools can I apply to? Thanks.

• 1 Like  
  • Iim - safe score is 710 +. But u need 10 yr exp. 23 Sep.
  • 10 years!!! Does post grad have any imp?. 23 Sep.

Has anyone made a list of globally top 20-30 schools, with their specializations and application deadlines? website links etc

Can somebody throw light on the kind of documents one needs to gather before applying to any foreign university ??

I could not get a consolidated info. on this.

• You need to refer to the university site to get more deta.... 22 Sep.
kinji.at.pg1
Kinjal Das @kinji.at.pg1 26.8 k

You need to refer to the university site to get more details. As far as i know GMAT/GRE score, TOEFL/IELTS score, transcripts and essays. 

Can somebody throw light on the kind of documents one needs to gather before applying to any foreign university ??

I could not get a consolidated info. on this.

Hello people, i have been following this forum for a month now but decided to wait till i give my GMAT to make my queries relevant. I had my exam yesterday and managed to score 740 ( Q-50, VA-40, AWA-5). I am a mechanical engineer from NIT with a CGPA of 7.5.

I have 4.5 years of work experience in operations, currently working as an Assistant Manager in Bharat Petroleum. I have been involved in the commissioning of BPCL's Cryogenic LPG Import Terminal, biggest capex project in its marketing subdivsion.

I intend to pursue MBA in Operations Management, and need assistance in selecting the appropriate bschools to apply for.

• 740 is awesome. Your work experience is also decent. To h.... 23 Sep.
ivyctor2010

740 is awesome. Your work experience is also decent. To have a detailed discussion on the Schools for Operations Management, please write to us at info@ivyctor.com 

I will be taking GMAT next year and I will have a year of experience in family business by then. I wish to settle in India/Singapore and I have interest in Marketing and Finance. Which course(/s) will be best for me? 

Acads : X : 84, XII : 81, BTech : 74.7 with no breaks in between.

Apart from that I have been associated with our institute's IEEE branch for 3 years and served as vice chairperson for the last year. 

I am also IEEE Standards education grant recipient. I have been doing a few courses related to business and management through MOOC platform. Please also indicate required GMAT score.

Thanks for you help!

• 3Comments
  • Since GMAT score is valid for 5 years I have planned to g.... 23 Sep.
  • MiM programs in Europe are good. They would suit your req.... 7d.
ivyctor2010

Do you have only a year of experience? suggest you  work for a little more. Explore programs in Entrepreneurship offered by top B Schools. For GMAT try for a score above 700.

A_J.
Pagal GUY @A_J. 74

Since GMAT score is valid for 5 years I have planned to give it early since I wont require much preparation. Are there any programs like ISB EEO? How do you rate MiM programmes from Europe? 

ivyctor2010

MiM programs in Europe are good. They would suit your requirement as well... do look for MiM programs offered by ESADE,HEC Paris, and RSM

How many minutes does the IIM Banglore interview go on for? I have a call for the interview for this sunday. Anyone preparing in a group to do mock interviews?

I am planing to give gmat in mid nov. Basically i am aiming for NUS NTU SP Jain mumbai and AIM Manila.can you please suggest safe score for the above.

bachground:-I am btech mechanical with 3+ years of exp. In power and construction line mainly project handling and planning
10 -73.5%
12-77%

btech-66%

Thanks in advance

• Please aim for a score of 700+.. 19 Sep.
  • Agree there-. 19 Sep.

I'm planning to GMAT for 2015 Admission. What is the best time to give GMAT. Should I give GMAT in JAN? Although I need time to prepare so mostly will give GMAT in JAN. Can anyone help me with it.

• The best time to appear for GMAT is when you are most pre.... 17 Sep.
ivyctor2010

The best time to appear for GMAT is when you are most prepared. 

HI,

I need help in clarifying some of my doubts regarding GMAT. I have 2 years of experience and now currently working in Kuwait. I hold an Indian Passport and is it possible for me take GMAT test from Kuwait? I am planning to write GMAT before dec 2014 so which session Can i apply for with the scores? Need some guidance with this.Thanks!

• 14Comments
  • @robinreji12 Thanks for writing to me and I hope you got .... 18 Sep.
  • @robinreji12 Do you want me to add more here or are you s.... 18 Sep.
  14 Comments
mba-help

@robinreji12 , The information you have given us is not enough for us to gauge your profile well. So with this limited information, I would only say that you should work another 1-2 years before you apply to b-schools. Most US/ European b-schools accept people with 4+ years of work experience (people with lesser WE also get in). You are lacking in quantity.  You also don't have a GMAT score, which you will require for any b-school where you apply.

Namita Garg

http://www.mbadecoder.com

Llewellyn75
Llewellyn Desouza @Llewellyn75 6.9 k

@robinreji12 Thanks for writing to me and I hope you got your answers this time via the mail.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

7583 people follow this discussion.