About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 205   

if i give my GMAT this year and apply after 4 years with this year score then B school will consider it less effective that year ( ie after 4 years) as compared to if i apply this year. As i looking to boost my profile bit so gaining work experience for 3-4 years but since i was free for last 5 months so started preparing for it and now i get call letter from TCS so i might not get time to focus on prep.

• If you are prepared to take the test now, please attempt..... 3h.
ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 903

If you are prepared to take the test now, please attempt. In case you are not happy with the score, you can always retake the test  later. B schools will consider the highest score and will not look at the relative newness of the score.

Hi!i have a GMAT score of 750(AWA 5).Though I might not have much accolades to add to my name,I have volunteered for various NGOs over the past  year and a half.Also,I have initiated a social project,which is currently running as an online website(apart from my actual work) and with it's help,we have raised money to buy books and stationeries for small schools across south India,two years in a row.I do have 4+ (2 abroad and 2+ in India)years of experience in the construction sector but took two 8 month breaks before and after my first job experience(I worked abroad for 27 months for a small firm).I used it to travel across India to study about the various SMEs and NGOs,how they function,their business model and their sustainability model etc.I am looking for schools in the North America and ISB for Strategic/Project Management and Entrepreneurship.Could someone please give me some insight(s) about my profile?

• Please throw some light on your academic profile and post.... 3h.
  • 10th: 88.8 (CBSE) 12th: 85.6(CBSE) BTech(Mech Engr.,NITK).... 1h.
ivyctor2010
ivyctor 2010 @ivyctor2010 903

Please throw some light on your academic profile and post MBA career goals

ranga38
rahul rangarajan @ranga38 24

10th: 88.8 (CBSE) 12th: 85.6(CBSE) BTech(Mech Engr.,NITK) : 64.6 (i hate myself).Post MBA goals : work in a senior management position in top firms like BechTel,SNC Lavalin  (construciton firms) etc.

Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More

Hi everyone!

I am in a dire situation! I am applying for Nanyang Business School and NUS. My organization does not issue any 'domain-specific' email address and all our official correspondences are through our accounts on GMAIL. The only official id is of the form "info@xyz.com" , where 'xyz' is the company name. Will the referee report submitted from this email address be considered valid or do I have to get some other document or whatever to support it?

Experts..plz help.. 

• #. 14h.

Hi, I got a GRE score of 311 (Q: 160, V: 151) and Toefl score of: 101. I got 6 years of IT Industry job experience, BTech from NIT Jalandhar with CGPA 7.5. Can anyone please let me know if I can possibly get into any of the following universities for MS in CS:

(ordered by priority)
Georgia Tech
Carnegie Mellon University
Virginia Tech
Columbia University
University of California Davis
Boston University
University of Southern California
Michigan State University

I am working in manufacturing company as an Engineer.I have six years of experience. My works related to maintenance and technology. My marks: 10th 74.56% 12th : 60% but in graduation it is below 60%. I have some extra curricular activities.  won prizes in presentation etc. I want to study MBA from USA. My first priority is to get full/partial scholarship as I come from humble background. I am not targeting top top 10-20 school. I can settle below 20 or 30 school provided I have good scholarship. What is the minimum Gmat score is required to get such scholarship. I know 700 + would be always good,but it is too tough. It will be great help if you provide such school name in which I may get accepted.  

• 3 Comments
  • any such school you can refer.. 21h.
  • it would be good to have a score in hand before suggestin.... 3h.

Three Things to Drive Your Decision to Get an MBA You could wait one more deadline round. You could wait until next year. Or maybe you could wait until your career slows down. These are all important considerations, but the truth is that there will never be some ideal, convenient time to pursue an MBA. Read more at

http://www.mba.com/india/the-gmat-blog-hub/ask-the-expert/2014/may/dont-wait-to-apply.aspx

Don't Wait to Apply: Three Things to Drive Your Decision to Get an MBA
Don't Wait to Apply: Three Things to Drive Your Decision to Get an MBA
chief recruiting officer, Vanderbilt University, Submitted by Tami Fassinger Owen Graduate School of Management . You could wait one more deadline round. You could wait until next year. Or maybe you could wait until your career slows down.

Mba

Official representative of the GMAT exam. Learn more at http://www.mba.com

Best books for GRE to buy??

• Barrons. 20h.
  • Read articles on http://www.newyorker.com/. 20h.

Six Ways an MBA Can Teach You to Become an Entrepreneur. A question that I'm being asked all the time is: "Does the MBA teach me entrepreneurship?" I think the question you should be asking is: "Does the MBA teach me to be an entrepreneur."Read more here

http://www.mba.com/india/the-gmat-blog-hub/ask-the-expert/2014/sept/will-an-mba-teach-you-to-become-...

Six Ways an MBA Can Teach You to Become an Entrepreneur
Six Ways an MBA Can Teach You to Become an Entrepreneur
Submitted by Maryke Luijendijk-Steenkamp, director of MBA Marketing & Admissions, Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University. Entrepreneurship is all the rage in global business nowadays. A question that I'm being asked all the time is: "Does the MBA teach me entrepreneurship?" I think the question you should be asking is: "Does the MBA teach me to be an entrepreneur."

Mba

Official representative of the GMAT exam. Learn more at http://www.mba.com

Could anyone tell me how many months do we need for GMAT preparation(taking GMAT for the first time) . Also daily how many hours do we need to spend  and how we should prepare for GMAT

Thanks in advance:)

• 8 Comments
  • only 3 hours a day kool... 3d.
  • Dear Malini, There is no fixed amount of time that can be.... 3d.
nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 17

Dear Malini, There is no fixed amount of time that can be quoted because it varies according to the understanding & preparation level of a test taker. To begin with, understand the format of the exam thoroughly and then start preparing question type wise in the verbal section & topic wise in the Quant section.

Hi I am vahid having 6 Years of experience in Retail(2 years in Intnl market),Have score average marks in (X-63%,XII-58%,Bsc-60%),Please suggest me what could be the ideal GMAT score to get a call from ISB or IIM.

• 10 Comments
  • @vahidm123 : I have my credentials in my signature.. 3d.
  • @vahidm123 Hey Vahid, there is no ideal score which guara.... 1d.
MansieDewanConsulting
Mansie Dewan @MansieDewanConsulting 2,441

@vahidm123 Hey Vahid, there is no ideal score which guarantees you an interview call or admit. A lot rests on the strength and diversity of your profile and past academic record. Please share your detailed work experience, responsibilities, and goals. And yes, considering your past academics, you should aim for as high a GMAT score as possible.

Could you please suggest me the good books for GMAT preparation

• 7 Comments
  • Refer to OG (Official Guide) which is the bible for GMAT .... 3d.
  • Hello @shruthipatellu, you might want to refer to our blo.... 3d.
nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 17

Refer to OG (Official Guide) which is the bible for GMAT & then you can move on to princeton, Kaplan & the like

Hello all!

Just took the GMAT today and returned home devastated.OA-650.QA-45 VA-34 /IR-7.I had been scoring consistently above 700 in mocks till now don't know what happened.?When did i become so bad at math

Anyways, my profile is as below:

class 10-91% class 12-88.6%. b.tech mechanical-69.25%

Extracurricular activities

1. Organizing Committee Member (Publicity and sponsorship) for various fests etc.

2.President of Society Of Automotive Engineers -Collegiate Club- Organising various activities/industrial visits/seminars/workshops etc. Member of marketing/sponsorship team in a national level inter college competition on ATV building.

3.Worked in CWG 2010 - Sponsor Services Team

Work Ex- 2.5 years work ex in Auto Ancillaries- OEM Sales and Marketing- Key Account Management(Auto OEM's) /Project Management etc. Got promoted twice in a span of a year in my current organization. Won an award for the successful project taken along with my assignment.

Could anyone suggest what would be a better option

1.Retake GMAT- In 5-6 months and improve my score

2. Apply to college based on this score- any suggestions on colleges which may be wiling to accept such low score

3. Indian Colleges- Are there any places which may accept this score.(ISB is off the list) , anything except that- SP Jain etc.?

Looking forward to your feedback!

• 3 Comments
  • @vaibhavk2505 MISB Bocconi is the Indian campus of SDA B.... 4d.
  • I would recommend that you retake your GMAT. Also, ISB wo.... 3d.
misbpgpb
MISB Bocconi - The Indian Campus of SDA Bocconi (Milan), in Mumbai @misbpgpb 319
@vaibhavk2505

MISB Bocconi is the Indian campus of SDA Bocconi, Italy. We are located in Mumbai  and we accept CAT/GMAT/GRE/CMAT Scores. Your profile looks quite decent for more info you can download our brochure -

http://bit.ly/pgbrochure
Good Luck!

nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 17

I would recommend that you retake your GMAT. Also, ISB would be looking for greater work exp around 5-6 years

I heard that majority of the top 30 B-schools in USA, charge excess of 70 lakhs (tution+living) or even more. If this is the case, then I believe it is impossible to go for MBA in USA. My budget is 30-35 Lakhs max. Can I suggest some colleges that have good curriculum and placements of international students.

• 15 Comments
  • yeah .. i too have no idea about colleges , am just googl.... 2d.
  • oh ok. 2d.
geethanjali
geethanjali balaji @geethanjali 20

yeah .. i too have no idea about colleges , am just googling also trying to contact people from MBA crystal ball website or Abroad consultants ..

Dear Puys, 

Greetings from MISB Bocconi - Bocconi India. 

We are the Indian campus of SDA Bocconi, Italy- Europe's premier business school. 

We offer PGP in Business (full time program) located in Mumbai. 

Our Application are open for 2015 intake, to know more download the brochure -http://bit.ly/pgbrochure

To download our placement brochure-http://bit.ly/pgplacementbrochure

We accept CAT/GMAT/GRE/CMAT Scores.

Good luck!

Apply for the Post Graduate Program in Business at www.misbbocconi.com 

Sir , I would take the GRE test in march ... i need guidance on how should i  prepare for the test.  I have prepared for CAT and have a sound knowledge about the quantitative and verbal aspects ..what should i do in the last 3 months to get to a score around 325 in the GRE test in terms of which books to refer and how should i go about it??

• Dear Avinash, First & foremost do not commit the blunder .... 3d.
nodwin
Nodnat @nodwin 17

Dear Avinash, First & foremost do not commit the blunder of comparing CAT & GRE; both are totally different where CAT is a quant based test GRE is a verbal based test. So prepare thoroughly & separately for GRE otherwise you may not get your desired score. 

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

7888 people follow this discussion.