PaGaLGuY Prepathon Mock CATs

Download the FREE PaGaLGuY Prepathon app to join in the free test series that start on Sept 13th.
The app is used by over 50,000+ students

About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 358   

Hi Puys,

I am offering my access of 5 Kaplan GMAT Tests & 7 Veritas GMAT Tests. Total of 12 GMAT Full Length Tests for Rs.1000/-.

OFFER:  Free Manhattan ebooks PDFs with purchase of tests...If you confirm the deal by today..!!

All the tests are unused & have 1 year validity. You can check the access before buying the tests.

Those interested please send mail to ravipank91@gmail.com...Will share all the details.

Hey, I have my exam on 8th Sept.

My GmatPrep scores are 640 (Q44 V34 IR 7) and 650 (Q48,V31 IR 7) If I score in the same range, What colleges can I target ?

Work Experience:

4 months in a production company as Graduate Engineer Trainee.

3 years 8 months in IT MNC in India.(+1 month of International assignment in Paris)

Roles: Developer, Service Management Office (SMO) lead for the project, Innovation Champ, Soft Skills trainer in company's club.

Other Roles: A member of team handling lean Six Sigma assessment, Tata Business excellence model assessment and Benchmarking activities.

Responsibilities: Ensuring process adherence in the team, data analysis, metrics reporting, Continuous Service Improvements .

Graduation: Mechanical Engineer (72%)

Why MBA: To change the stream from IT to Automobile Industry and to jump up the ladder.

Please guide.

• 1 Like  
  • Wish you all the best for your GMAT on the 8th. As you mu.... 3h.
Llewellyn75
Llewellyn DeSouza @Llewellyn75 7,626

Wish you all the best for your GMAT on the 8th. As you must have heard many times before the GMAT score is just one of the parameters used by top schools to evaluate a candidate. So if you get a GMAT score of 650 do not be disheartened and work hard on your essays. You may be ambitious and applyapply even to ISB. To be more reasonable you can target Great Lakes in India and Queen's in Canada. Wish you all the best. Llewellyn DeSouza - Hash MBA Consulting.

Hi, I am looking for a GMAT Consultant( in Mumbai preferably) who can guide me from exam till the applications. I am not looking for very expensive hourly charging consultants but some quality ones who can help in the real sense. 

• 4 Comments
  • @CareerDefiners I need help with the exam prep plus the c.... 22h.
  • @civilservant Hi Barney, we have a consultant who prior t.... 16h.
civilservant
Barney @civilservant

@CareerDefiners I need help with the exam prep plus the colleges suited for me. 

admitlane
www.AdmitLane.com @admitlane 55

@civilservant Hi Barney, we have a consultant who prior to business school worked with GMAT firms for preparing questions. Please mail us on admitlane@gmail.com . He could be a great guide throughout. 

We can find out how much assistance you would need.

Hi All

I am an aspiring candidate for GRE (MS in US) ,planning to take it in 3months .Can someone please review my profile and let me know about the areas i need to work on . Also i would like to know whether self-study will suffice or i'll have to join some institute for guidance . If yes,kindly suggest some in Delhi.

X - 76% (CBSE)

XII - 69.80% (CBSE)

B.TECH(CS) - 63.15 CGPA (GGSIPU,Delhi) (17Backs)

WORK EXPERIENCE (4 years)

Amdocs - 2.7 year work experience as Subject matter expert(Testing Domain,Testing+Infra+Dev)

RBS - 1 year work experience as Senior associate (Got promote last month) Informatica(DWH) development

I have worked in different places in Pune, Gurgaon,Noida. 

Successfully organized some camps,college fests.

Thanks 

Hemant Midha

• 1 Like   4 Comments
  • Thanks Namita, really thankful for your inputs :smiley: .... 12h.
  • I have some doubts like what will be hurdles because of m.... 12h.
hemantmi007
@hemantmi007 2

Thanks Namita, really thankful for your inputs please suggest some good universities, the time i should give my test, what are the university deadlines. Please tell me what all details i have missed. Thanks

hemantmi007
@hemantmi007 2

I have some doubts like what will be hurdles because of my grad score nd backlogs and 12th marks too..i sometimes feel bad for my past mistakes :( 

Hi all 

I am an aspiring candidate for GMAT ,planning to take it in Jan 2016 .Can someone please review my profile and let me know about the areas i need to work on . Also i would like to know whether self-study will suffice or i'll have to join some institute for guidance . If yes,kindly suggest some in Gurgaon.

X - 85% (CBSE)

XII - 83% (CBSE)

B.TECH(CS) - 73%(UPTU)

GATE (2012) - 97 percentile

WORK EXPERIENCE (3.5 years)

Cognizant Technology Solutions- 1 year work experience as Programmer Analyst Trainee (Testing Domain)

Startup Company - 1 year work experience as Operations Manager

PSU Bank - Currently working as an Assistant Branch Manager for the last 1.5 year . 

I have worked in different places in Punjab , Tamil Nadu and now in Haryana . Worked in domains like credit ,public relationship ,marketing ,government policies implementation.

Successfully organized Blood donation camps,college fests.

I am thinking about ISB ,NUS and INSEAD . How much i need to score to get into one of these institutes .

Thanks 

Udbhav Dwivedi

• 1 Like  
  • Testing to Operations to Banking. 3 years 3 jobs... Wow. .... 3d.
  • Hi Udbhav, I hope you're doing well! Good to know t.... 2d.
Llewellyn75

Testing to Operations to Banking. 3 years 3 jobs... Wow. I think you will need to do a lot of explaining. Be ready n focus on your GMAT now. 730 is a good target. If you cannot go beyond this at least try and get as close to it as possible. Also it would help if you can tell us where do you want to go after your MBA. Wish you all the best n remember your 'Like' enhances my Karma. TiA Llewellyn DeSouza 

Neha66
Neha Sharma @Neha66 7

Hi Udbhav,

I hope you're doing well!

Good to know that you are taking definitive steps towards an MBA.
Suggest you to take mock test for GMAT and check your self, what kind of score you're getting. If you're getting above 600 then go head for online classes or books materials.
Now, coming to your profile you have a decent profile. You should aim for at least 720+ to apply for your preferred B-School. ISB & INSEAD is good school for you, but NUS is bit complicated. Reason because acceptance rate of NUS is very low for Indian candidates. It is just 10%.

Best of luck for your GMAT.

Cheers!
Neha
www.genedmba.com  

Hola everyone! I need some guidance by the experts

I am aspiring candidate looking to take an admit in 2017. Can someone please review my profile and help me with the pointers post my profile:

In chronological order

Male, 27 years

10th: 75% (ICSE)

12th: 55% (I know its poor, but I was not academically sound till about 2 years later)

Engineering: 64% - 1st class (Computer Science, Pune University, Top college of Pune)

MBA (yes, I already have an MBA): 70% (A decent score)

Extracuriculars: Uptill Engineering, nothing noteworthy. However, In my MBA:

- Was the President of my marketing club

- Pioneered and drove the marketing magazine for the college

- Headed various event and won many accolades for the same

- Won a couple of business case study events too

Work-ex: 3.5 years in consumer insights post my MBA (with global, reputed firms). I have been client consulting in the research domain for 3 years with 6 months spent so far on the client side. 

Work ex achievement:

- Youngest joinee to have given a client presentation

- Rank 1 in a particular research framework for the organisation

- Can get multiple strong recommendations right from MD, EDs in the firm for my exemplary work 

Reason for 2nd MBA

There are 3 reasons largely:

1) I am looking to shift my career to consulting with top firms (Mckinsey, Bain)

2) Looking to make a global career

3) Not happy with the current career progress. It is too slow for my liking

Colleges Aiming for (in order of preference):

- INSEAD

- LBS

- ISB

- One of the 3 IIMs (A/B/C)

I realise my profile may come accross as peculiar (or is it just a figment of my imagination?)

I need guidance on the below

1) What are my chances (I am yet to give the GMAT)

2) What additional do I need to do in the 1.5 odd years I have to further strenghten my candidature

3) Will be glad if I can have a F2F interaction as well with someone to discuss these things. If anyone can guide me on that, will be great!

Thanks in anticipation!

Rishi

• 1 Like   7 Comments
  • @admitlane \- Thank you for taking out the time to respon.... 2d.
  • @vampire26 I think that's a good decision. If you are goi.... 2d.
vampire26
Rishi Mehta @vampire26 216

@admitlane - Thank you for taking out the time to respond. Your reply puts things into perspective for me. I am going to wait for another 12 months to build on my profile further. Looking for admit in 2017. Attempts are on to diversify and to add further arsenal to my portfolio. GMAT likely to give mid next year.

admitlane
www.AdmitLane.com @admitlane 55

@vampire26 I think that's a good decision. If you are going to take that step, be true to that. I would encourage you to take initiatives (and not just wait for promotions or wait for workplace to give you opportunities) and show how you took onus during your application. All the best.

Hi everyone!

I will be grateful to you for suggesting me some programs in India along with some international program that suits my profile and interest.

GMAT Score: 670 (Q 48, V 34, IR3)

Grad: DGPA -  8.33 / 75.8% (B.Tech, Mechanical from West Bengal University of Technology)

12th: 77.2% (Science) (C.B.S.E)

10th: 82.4% (C.B.S.E)

Work-ex: 5 Years 1 Month in Manufacturing Sector (Steel & Power)

- Project Management and Execution (Industrial Construction)

- Operation monitoring and production analysis of integrated steel plant

**No International Work-ex

Extracurricular:

- School level achievements in Sports

- Social work at organisation level

Interests: Operations Management, Finance, Construction Management, Project Management

Current CTC: INR 8.2 LPA

Loan Capacity: INR 30 L

• 1 Like   3 Comments
  • @PagalGuru You should first align on your post-MBA career.... 4d.
  • IIM A B C L K, XLRI, Great Lakes, SP Jain, NMIMS, ISB, et.... 3d.
CareerDefiners
Career Definers.com @CareerDefiners 15

@PagalGuru You should first align on your post-MBA career goal (both short-term and long-term). If you prepare a good application, you can target 25-40 global b-schools. Happy to help!

Llewellyn75

IIM A B C L K, XLRI, Great Lakes, SP Jain, NMIMS, ISB, etc... Are some of the options you have in INDIA. You must remember that not all these colleges are in the same league but all are within your budget. Also some of these will be very difficult to crack on the basis of your GMAT n academic scores n you may have to depend a lot on your essays n interview performance to get through. Wish you all the best. Llewellyn DeSouza - Hash MBA Consulting

Is there Reservation for OBC in Executive Programs at IIMs ?Please suggest

• 2 Likes  

What are the one year MBA programs in India or the programs which accept GMAT scores. I have heard of PGCIM from SPJain, could you list out the similar programs. 

Work Ex : 3yrs Software

• 3 Comments
  • @PraneethJ Would you mind sharing your profile and aspira.... 5d.
  • @Manojp24. 5d.
CareerDefiners
Career Definers.com @CareerDefiners 15

@PraneethJ Would you mind sharing your profile and aspirations post-MBA? That would help us to guide you better! Thanks!

Hi..

How many months before the academic year should we appear for GMAT/GRE ?

Usually when does the academic year starts in universities in US ?

For how many months is the GMAT/GRE score valid ?

Thanks in advance

• 3 Comments
  • Thank you Ruchismita and Neha. 6d.
  • Can we apply for GRE/GMAT all through out the year ?. 6d.
preethiignatius
@preethiignatius

Thank you Ruchismita and Neha

preethiignatius
@preethiignatius

Can we apply for GRE/GMAT all through out the year ?

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

8686 people follow this discussion.