About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 400   

Hi All,

Plz evaluate my profile.

10th 93.4% 12th -89.8% B.Tech- 81.3% from BIT Mesra ,Ranchi.

Work ex- 3 years 10 months in Software Development and Testing.Got 2 promotions in my stint at my workplace. Have also served as Scrumaster for some period and performed product manager roles as well. Founder of an e-commerce coupons portal and a water awareness and conservation portal. 

Active member of CSR activities in my organisation and also Adore India NGO where I performed mentoring sessions for students  and  conducted mock interviews for Job aspirants .

Leading the Fun team and event management team at my organisation.

Gold medalist in ICSE board exam. NCC cadet and recipient of All India NCC Sahara scholarship.

Extra curricular- Represent my organisation in corporate cricket tournaments, winner of badminton tournament in Tata Steel, winner of collage making competiiton in college.

GMAT not taken yet.

English plays the spoilsport again... Fingers crossed. 

Some one tell me :

I want to write GMAT exam with 2-3 months of preparation. I want to apply for great lakes pgpm course.I have 6 years of experience in IT field.Kindly tell me the score  required. I have 10th 87% and 12th 79% with B.Tech in CSE.

Are my goals valid. should i go for it ? Someone who knows GLIM and 1 years mba courses please reply.

I am not thinking of ISB or primier league colleges as they will reject me outright.

Also let me know of materials i need to purchase to kick off GMAT preparation

• 1 Like  
  • Hi Vaibhav You can apply to great lakes with a score of .... 1h.
WiziusCareers
Wizius Careers @WiziusCareers 3

Hi Vaibhav

You can apply to great lakes with a score of 650+. 

But, looking at your profile, we will suggest you to apply for ISB also - provided you have some extra curriculars in your profile other than your good scores. 

Hi,

What are my chances in ISB?

GRE - 321 (Quant - 166, Verbal - 155)

12th - 89.2 % (CBSE), 10th - 82.6 (CBSE), Grad - 79.4 % (UPTU, B.Tech)

Work ex of around 5 years, currently working at onsite in USA

Decent extra curricular, and top performer in company

Thanks in advance

Naman

• @ISBmantra.com. 8h.
  • No problem with your profile Naman. Present a strong set .... 7h.
In a quest to discover what I actually deserve  
ISBmantra.com
ISBmantra.com @ISBmantra.com 2,071

No problem with your profile Naman. Present a strong set of essays and there shouldn't be a problem ideally. All the Best! 'ISBmantra'

Hi All,

Kaplan 5 Full Length GMAT Tests 2016 version with Kaplan Premier 2016 GMAT Digital copy. GMAT OG 2016 PDF & Verbal Review 2016 PDF free.

The Tests have 1 year validity with original receipt. The cost of package is Rs.800/-. Contact: srividyar91@gmail.com

Hurry !!! huge demand is there first come first served policy.

Hi, My name is saiteja. I am currently working in TCS. My Current work ex in TCS will be 2 years by this October. Before joining TCS, I worked as an online tutor for US students. But I don't have wrk ex certificate for that. What I have is an informal mail communication showing the amount remitted into my account as my salary. I am also a free lancer writer during my College days. 

I won around 20 prizes in Power point presentations and debates, a couple of them at state level. Participated in almost 50 events in my college. I have certificates for all that. I am an active participant of all the events in my schooling too. Won a few competitions there. I am also an amateur HAM certified by central government. 

My work ex achievements are LOL. Apart from only that I anchored a few events for my project and I am also a farewell SPOC. 

I am a member of Green Peace NGO now along with IGNITE NGO from my college days. I am a key member of the IGNITE committee and organized a state level competition and a meet starring film makers of Telugu Film Industry. I am also an anchor for that event. 

My target colleges are ISB, NUS, HEC, INSEAD. Can you help me with my profile? Am I eligible to these colleges. If so what is my target score in GMAT? I am planning to take CAT simultaneously. My plan is to take GMAT by August 1st week and then to move on to CAT. Is it practically possible?  Please evaluate my profile and help me with my queries.

My Acads: X - 85.33, XII - 91.1, B.Tech (ECE) - 8.32

• 3 Comments
  • Hi Saiteja! What is your total workex? With just 2 yrs at.... 6h.
  • Hi Saiteja Your profile looks good but you will have to .... 1h.
jisko mera khoon, paseena, dil, jaan dekar bhi yakeen nahi hota #CAT2015 
ISBmantra.com

Hi Saiteja! What is your total workex? With just 2 yrs at TCS (and freelance tutoring before that), it's not going to be easy at the schools u r targeting. A strong GMAT (740+) would remain critical. No problem with taking CAT after GMAT but you need good time in hand to work on your application essays. INSEAD itself has 8 essays and easily takes a month. The time required to work on your applications has to be accounted for as well. All the Best! 'ISBmantra / EssaySunday Consulting'

WiziusCareers

Hi Saiteja

Your profile looks good but you will have to compliment it with a high GMAT Score (at least a 720) to make your profile more lucrative. 

Hey.. I want you to please assess my profile for ISB. I am scheduled to give GMAT by august-september. About my profile ,well , I am Anurag Kohli, a Marine Engineer graduate from Marine Engineeing Research Instt Kolkata and I am associated with Resonance Eduventures Kota as Associate Lecturer. I have 3+years experience in edusector . My acads are as follows Xth-72.5%, XIIth-82% B.E.Marine-70.02%. Please evaluate my chances. I am also open to any good B-schools in India offering pgp through Gmat so please throw some light on other possibilities as well... Thanks . Anurag

• 1 Like  
  • Hi Anurag, @REVEALED Can you talk a little more about y.... 1d.
  • Hi @REVEALED ! Several students with teaching experience .... 6h.
mba-help
MBA Decoder.com @mba-help 1,824

Hi Anurag, @REVEALED 

Can you talk a little more about your work experience? Exactly what have you done at work? Why do you want an MBA and what do you intend doing after the MBA?

Thanks, 

Namita, MBA Decoder

ISBmantra.com

Hi @REVEALED ! Several students with teaching experience make it to ISB every year. They key is to connect the dots well. Even with a good GMAT it will remain crucial for u to explain why u need an MBA and how you will contribute to the class. I would like to assume that u are paid well at Resonance, and any other school in India may not be able to match your current salary level. All the Best! 'ISBmantra / EssaySunday Consulting'

hello, I am planning for executive Mba. Is it ok to go for GMAT or I should opt for CAT? Need assistance, as one of my friends told me to go for GMAT instead of CAT.

• check with the university you want to go for exec MBA and.... 2d.
  • Hi For executive MBA, it is better to go with GMAT as mo.... 2d.
fir-ek-baar
@fir-ek-baar 40

check with the university you want to go for exec MBA and see what scores they accept

WiziusCareers

Hi

For executive MBA, it is better to go with GMAT as most of the Indian Schools accept the GMAT for executive MBA. Also, GMAT opens the doors for international MBAs. 

Hi, I am planning to give GMAT in June/July this year. Need guidance in choosing the test center in Delhi. Among the 2 options in Delhi, Yusuf Sarai and Dwarka, which is better? Is it true that Dwarka center has some noise issues?

Hi,

I am currently working as a BI developer in Ernst & Young. I am planning to take MS in Business Analytics from a US university.

Please find below my profile,

Class 10 - 92.8 %

Class 12 - 90.6 %

B.Tech Mechanical Engineering - CGPA 6.94

Total Work Experience - 16 months

I am a bit worried about my low CGPA for B.tech. Will I be able to make it to a to a top university if I manage to do well in GRE/GMAT despite of this low CGPA?

• 1 Like  
  • HI Rahul, You have to work with what you have got! A low .... 2d.
  • I would advise seriously not to bog yourself down with ac.... 1d.
mba-help
MBA Decoder.com @mba-help 1,824

HI Rahul, You have to work with what you have got! A low GPA can be  partially overcome with other aspects:

1. High GRE/GMAT

2. impressive career graph

3. very clear career goals. 

Don't limit your options at this stage because of a low GPA. Work hard over the coming months to improve those aspects of your profile that are still in your control, which is the aptitude test and the work experience (take more initiatives at work). 

When you are finally applying, apply to a few safe colleges as well. 

Namita Garg

MBA Decoder

Anshulmba
Anshul Sharma @Anshulmba 59

I would advise seriously not to bog yourself down with academic score. I think you are going in the right direction with the work ex. probably a 3 year work exp. would be a good time to apply. If you've done some any BI/Analytics type projects/freelance consulting outside of work that would add a significant value. Score will definitely be driving factor especially with MS type degrees and may overcome some of the low GPA questions admissions officers may have. 

Hello friends, which among following institutes is best in Bangalore?

EducationAisle,Crackverbal, Manya-Princeton Review, Ivy-Gmat (Top-one-percent)

I believe I need to work more on Quant as compared to Verbal. But again, verbal requires improvement too. Please suggest me best among above based on your experience.

If you think any other institute could be even better, please name it. Thank you.

• The Princeton Review - no doubt in that... Based on my cu.... 5d.
  • Hi Vipin We have heard great reviews about Crackverbal b.... 2d.
sudar19shan90
Sudarshan K M @sudar19shan90 13

The Princeton Review - no doubt in that... Based on my current experience from its Chennai branch.

WiziusCareers

Hi Vipin

We have heard great reviews about Crackverbal but we will strongly suggest to go ahead and take demo classes at a few and then decide.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

9427 people follow this discussion.