About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 396   

Hi @Anshulmba 

Would request your help to evaluate my profile as well.
I am planning to apply to the top 10 US B-schools (Haven't shortlisted which ones) + ISB, Hyderabad. Will apply in R1 for all these colleges (i.e around Aug- Sept '16)

Here we go (Have kept it detailed) -

GMAT Score :- 750 (Q51,V39, IR 8)

X / XII / Grad score :- 86% (CBSE) / 85% (CBSE) / 72.5 % (Branch: Electronic & communication, Delhi college of Engineering) (Question :- Since I am a not an IITina would it be a negative ? )

CAT Score :- 96.5 %ile , Converted IIFT, Delhi and MDI-IM (I am not sure if this is relevant, but since CAT is another management entrance test and since I have converted 2 good colleges, I think this may reflect positive on my application)

Work Ex :- 4 Years, consultant in Ernst & Young, India (Got campus placement). Client facing job

International Experience :- 4 Countries for work (3 in Africa - Tanzania (1.5 years), Rawanda (0.5 Years),Ghana(1 month) and Philippines (8-10 months) )

Professional Awards :- Among best performer in my team and have got 2 awards for excellence, 1 for Individual excellence and 1 for Team excellence.
I also was awarded by my client with a 'Special recognition award' and cash price of Rs 50,000 ( Approx $750)

Leadership Roles :- Have worked both solo and with team of 5-6 close-knitted people on important assignments. Haven't been a team lead yet though

Extra circular's :- Here am pretty weak.
a) Volunteered for Commonwealth Games 2010 in Delhi (15 day event)
b) Did some random things like Flash mob (Have proof, since we uploaded it on youtube).
c) Organized an robotics event in the college tech fest (We set the stage, made the rule, judged the winner etc)
d) Assisted to arrange for funding for college fest. (Requested funding from nearby businesses, by proving advertising space etc in return)
e) Class representative of my class (in college) for 2 years.
That's it

unclassified :- I have this unique achievement of having 100% attendance record for 7 years in a row, in my school. (Not sure if this will help, but I feel that it may show that I am a regular person)

Future Plan :- I enjoy consulting and will target a career progression in the same/similar field. Will target to shift to strategy consulting as well (Mckinsey, BCG, Bain etc. ).

Details of Major projects :-

a) Individual work :- Worked with a major telecom company in Tanzania to launch a new mobile e-commerce platform. It was a 1 year long project and I was alone representing my company. I worked as part of Revenue assurance team and was responsible to make sure that there will be no revenue leakage or fraud during and after the launch. I used to frequently interact with the FD and MD of the company for project updates and risks identified. (This is the project for which I got the EY award for Individual excellence and client award for 'Special recognition')

b) Team work :- Worked as a team-member, team of 6 people, on a major telecom firm in Philippines, the company needed assistance in upgrading to a new charging platform. It was a technically challenging project. We had to make sure, that calls, sms, data, other services etc will be charged correctly and users won't be able to fool the system, plus we had to cross check all the configurations, cross-validate multiple reports for consistency and accuracy etc. I ,along with the entire team, got the other 'EY team excellence award' for this assignment. We used to frequently assist each other a lot by sharing work lot and brain storming together on challenges)

(P.S :- I have done about 10 projects (all client facing) with 7 different companies in the last 4 years )
(P.S 2 :- My promotion is due in a few month and may be a Senior Consultant by Sep'16)

Thanks,
Rahul

• Rahul, you're trending good for some top 25 b-schools. Th.... 10h.
CAT 2015: 96.5 ; IIFT 2015 - 99.3 ; GMAT - 750 Converts - IIFT Delhi, MDI.  Targeting - ISB, Ivy League  
Anshulmba
Anshul Sharma @Anshulmba 46

Rahul, you're trending good for some top 25 b-schools. There is potential to scale and amplify your accompishments to have in front of the admissions officers. Shoot me an email if you need more robust feedback and time commitment from my side. connectwithanshul@fromgmattomba.com

Can someone please suggest me good university for Masters in Engineering Management?? Also looking for Masters in Industrial Mangement..

My profile is:

GRE: 312

TOFEL 100

work ex: 3 years in IT company

Btech (ECE): 64 percent

hello ,has anyone heard of this program.

MASTER IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT (MAIB) is a joint program in partnership with three leading international institutions: University of Milano-Bicocca (Milan, Italy), Alliance University (Bangalore, India), and Centennial College (Toronto, Canada)

Is it worth it.Please let me know.

• 4 Comments
  • yes it is worth, As myself graduated this program from IN.... 1d.
  • @kamcapo can you tell me more about this.hows job opportu.... 1d.
kamcapo
ARULMURUGAN KAM @kamcapo

yes it is worth, As myself graduated this program from INSEEC,Paris.

williamhorner
William Horner @williamhorner 1

@kamcapo can you tell me more about this.hows job opportunity after this course..did you get job in Europe?

Guys,I have unused untouched packed og 16.anyone interested let me know

• What is the price?. 3d.
  • @catchaditi1 1500. 3d.

I have read about 1 year program from ISB that requires 2 years of experience (Post Graduate Program in Management). I want to know how good it is and  would my experience in paramilitary be counted or not. Or should I go for CAT?

Hello. Kindly answer a few queries 

1) What's the difference between IELTS- Academic and IELTS- General training?

2) what are some of the suggested resources( online as well as offline) to prepare for IELTS?

3) I have already taken TOEFL with score 101. Should I also give IELTS?

4) What should be the most apt time period for setting up IELTS?

Regards

Hello, my profile is as follows: xth-90.8, XIIth-78.4, btech(cse)-72.3 gre:319;awa-4.5 cat 2015-89.

work-ex: 30 months

I would be thankful to get names of few top bschools around the world where I can apply to with high probability of getting selected.

• Work-ex relates to bfsi. 26 Apr.
  • hey Rahul - First thing first, with a GRE score you need .... 27 Apr.
perihelion05
Rahul @perihelion05 2

Work-ex relates to bfsi

Anshulmba

hey Rahul - First thing first, with a GRE score you need to figure out which of the MBA schools you are interested in accept a GRE score. That would be your target MBA schools. Then it really boils down two major things first, GRE score of course but more likely on the quality of your essays and delivering interviews. The best of GRE score will not be able to help you much if essays are sub optimal and or so are the interviews. It's kind of 50:50 split b/w GRE and overall application. Now years and quality of work exp. is a decisive factor as well. I usually see 3 to 5 years of full time work exp. as the sweet spot for full time 2 year MBA students. More questions? hit me up on IM. thanks 

Hi my Profile is as follows -

Degrees:Dual Degree {B.Tech.(GPA:8.6/10)+M.Tech.(GPA:9.1/10)} in Chemical Engineering with minor area / specialization in Management Studies  

College: IIT-Delhi

Publication: Second author an research article in Journal of Membrane Science (Impact Factor: 5.1)

Scholarships: Received scholarship and college received assistance for my Master's research from Sartorius Stedim India Pvt. Ltd.

Experience - 1 year 11 months of management consulting experience with KPMG India. Worked on high profile projects with clients such as - Union Ministry of Coal, Coal India Limited, Adani Ports, Gujarat Maritime Board, etc. Fast-tracked growth - promoted twice. Current designation - Consultant.

International experience - Exchange semester (6 months) in Taiwan during college. 2 month internship in Italy.

Extra-Cirrcs - On Advisory Panel of an Education Start-Up by a Harvard Graduate.

GMAT - 750 (98 percentile)

Goal: Continue in consulting with a career boost

Geographical Preference: USA

Planning to apply next year in IVY league (HBS, Stanford, MIT, Kellogs,Tuck,etc..) Would appreciate a review from you. How should I go about college selection? What are my chances of getting a scholarship? How do school visits help? What kind of extra-cirrcs should I involve myself in the mean time? Will early bird applications in April next year make sense for me?

• 1 Like   6 Comments
  • you are welcome. 7d.

Can anyone suggest some good MBA colleges which accepts 2-3 work experience or is it good to wait for atleast 5 year experience ?

• 5 Comments
  • @Anshulmba thanks.... I will definitely come up with u on.... 27 Apr.
  • you're welcome anytime.. 7d.
sushantnegi
sushant negi (optimistic) @sushantnegi 22

@Anshulmba thanks.... I will definitely come up with u once I start taking exams.. 

Anshulmba

you're welcome anytime. 

Hi can anyone please email the OG 16 for quant review and Manhattan 6th edition pdfs to me? Urgently need all these study materials. TIA

• @smriti07 dont hv pdf. 25 Apr.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

9388 people follow this discussion.
Upcoming Events