About this discussion

Last updated

Ryan P @Neo2000

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 363   

I have recently taken a break from work to prepare for GMAT and plan to take the test early December, for full time MBA (preferably 1 year) - fall 2016 intake. Below is my profile detail:

10th - 76%

12th - 86%

Graduation: B.Com (Hons), DU

Post Graduation: PGDM - Fashion Merchandising - Pearl Academy, Delhi

Work Experience: 6 Years - with start ups - mainly with dot coms

The programs I would like to choose from are: MBA - Marketing/Entrepreneurship/General

Post MBA career goals - work for about 2 years and eventually start my own project. 

Could you advice on the selection of above, along with some colleges to look at. 

hey! have a query do the indian b schools accepting the gmat score have a special criteria ie accepting the gmat score effective a certain month or only the gmat score of 2015would  be suffice?

Hi! can any one guide me on which school is better rutgers business school or university of connecticut. I want to do Full time mba

GMAT- 650, Toefl-103, work ex-51 months

• What are your post-MBA career goals?. 5h.
  • @CareerDefiners Since under graduation I am taking care o.... 5h.
Career Definers.com @CareerDefiners 25

What are your post-MBA career goals?

@kushalbansal90 1

@CareerDefiners Since under graduation I am taking care of my business and post mba i want to work for couple of years in the usa in mass production industry and then will return to expand my business from the current level.

I am currently working outside India. I have about 6.5 yrs exp. If i go for a 2 year full time MBA, in india now, will my age be a problem at the time of admission or placements? I am 31 now. I spoke to a few colleges and they said it could be a problem getting a placement. Please advise.

• Completely agree with @prepzone. The best route for you i.... 15h.

Completely agree with @prepzone. The best route for you is to prepare for GMAT with your job --> get 700+ and then apply for IIMs / ISB / other 1-year programs. 

Extremely proud to report that 100% of our Fuqua EA applicants got invited for interviews. All the best guys. Lets go for a 100% final conversion! Good luck!

• Thanks @manishdabra. 15h.
www.careerdefiners.com  Get career and admissions advise from alumni of Harvard, Chicago Booth, Cornell etc. top global schools 

My college follows a 10 point CGPA method and my score is 9.32 (which is equal to 86.8%). can anyone plz guide me how to convert it into the GMAT format. I am a little confused with the reference table given 

• 1 Like   5 Comments
  • There are various websites which do such conversions. but.... 10h.
  • A4 A-3.67 B+3.33 B3 B-2.67 C+2.33 C2 C-1.67 D+1.33 D1 D-0.... 10h.
@kushalbansal90 1

There are various websites which do such conversions. but as a thumb rule consider all A as 4, B's as 3, C as 2.then multiply it with number of credits of the grade and add. then divide the total by total number of credits. This will give u approx GPA. But if u want actual then u need to use this data

@kushalbansal90 1

A4 A-3.67 B+3.33 B3 B-2.67 C+2.33 C2 C-1.67 D+1.33 D1 D-0.67 F0

I have over 12 years of experience in Software Services and it seems that I have got stuck at my current job position.  I have 86% in my 10th, 87% in my 12th and 71% on my BTech. I am a certified PMP and CSM. I would love to be in leadership positions of Technology Management companies. What is the GMAT Score I need to look for and the colleges (programs) I would need to pursue - India or US?

• I would like to get in to a leadership position in a tech.... 2d.
  • @admitlane not sure how PGPExecutive programs fit as I am.... 23h.
Binoy Valson @binoyvalson

I would like to get in to a leadership position in a techno-functional group, like product management, technology consulting etc post my MBA. I think I don't mind how my peer group looks at business school.

Binoy Valson @binoyvalson

@admitlane not sure how PGPExecutive programs fit as I am not part of the Management groups in my organisation.

Upcoming key R1 deadlines - Ross, Tepper 5th Oct; UCLA 6th Oct; Columbia, Tuck 7th Oct; Darden 8th Oct; Emory 9th Oct. The competition is incredibly tough this year. We are working with so many high quality applicants!! Good luck to all puys!!!

• 1 Like  
www.careerdefiners.com  Get career and admissions advise from alumni of Harvard, Chicago Booth, Cornell etc. top global schools 

Dear MBA Aspirants,

If you're on this forum, you have an MBA on your mind. It is human to doubt and have fears.

You've done great on your academics and great in your careers so far. You have faced challenges and come out triumphant. And you've done it all by yourself. Don't let self-recrimination pull you down now. With the underlying fear of rejection, I'd like to tell you that sometimes, despite everything being right with your profile and your application presentation, you may lose out to competition simply because the seats are too few and number of applications are too high. I promise you though, that perseverance is the key word here. It has happened in the past and it will keep happening in the future!

Here is a beautiful poetry that I have my children read when they are low on confidence:

Our Deepest Fear

By Marianne Williamson

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There's nothing enlightened about shrinking

So that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, As children do.

We were born to make manifest The glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; It's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,

We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we're liberated from our own fear,

Our presence automatically liberates others.

Good Luck & God Bless 

• Love this quote! It has also been used in the movie Coach.... 5d.
Red Devil_1802 @hanish.satija 167

Love this quote! It has also been used in the movie Coach Carter! :) 

Hi! I gave my GMAT yesterday and here is my profile -

10th - 89% aggregate with 92.2 in best 5 (ICSE board)

12th - 62.67% (Quite low here) (HSC board)

Graduation - 77.33% (B.E. Mech)(topped University in one subject plus have always been in the top 10 overall)

GMAT first attempt - 770 (Quant - 51     Verbal - 44    IR - 7)

Work experience - as of today just 3 months in an automobile company.(I graduated in June 2015) 

Profile in short - Have 2 research papers lined up in IIT Kanpur. I have always been a sports enthusiast and have represented my school and college in various sports. I have worked with Rotary for more than 2 years organising and leading their youth programs in my home town.

I've always wanted to be financially independent and so had started teaching part time right from my first year of Engineering. In my third year, I joined TIME Aurangabad as a visiting faculty and was soon promoted to the position of senior faculty(I believe I am the youngest faculty to teach in TIME Aurangabad-I was 21 years old  then while almost all my students were 24+). II gave CAT last year and scored 99.27 percentile and converted quite a few good colleges but did not take admission as I wished to finance my own further education. 

Why MBA - Want an early change in career path from mainstream Engineering to Finance or Operations.  

Would appreciate a profile evaluation by any of the experts here for a possible MBA or even MIM/MSC courses in the States or in Europe. 

• 1 Like   6 Comments
  • We would concur with Aditya mostly. Manhattan and OG are .... 2d.
Cat 2014 99.27  

We would concur with Aditya mostly. Manhattan and OG are the best ones out there. Kaplan - we do not like so much as its too far from reality!

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

8773 people follow this discussion.