About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Ryan P @Neo2000

Tags

Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 386   

Hi experts! I am serving in Indian Navy. I am from Mechanical engineering background. I have an experience of 16 years after diploma and 10 years after graduation. I am looking forward to do PGPM/PGPX in reputed institute post retirement. I am planning to take GMAT after 6 months of preparation. I have been in constant touch with my studies. I even did my post graduation in Economics. NEED ADVICE ON 1) GOOD COACHING CENTRE IN MUMBAI. I AM LOOKING AT TIMES DADAR. 2) ADDITIONAL ONLINE PREPARATORY MOCK TESTS. 3) GOOD BOOKS FOR PREPARATION. I HAVE CAT SERIES OF ARUN SHARMA ( 04 BOOKS). I AM THOROUGH WITH ALL BOOKS ON BROADER TERMS. REGARDS.

• @kinji.at.pg1 @MansieDewanConsulting @ISBmantra.com @prep.... 14h.
  • 1) Download GMATPrep software and take your first GMAT mo.... 2h.
kinji.at.pg1
Kinjal Das @kinji.at.pg1 30,351

1) Download GMATPrep software and take your first GMAT mock. You will get to know your current level.

2) Identify your weakness and your strengths and work towards eliminating your weakness .

3) Follow official questions to practice.

Let me know if you have any specific query. All the best

Hi Sir/Madam, I am planning to write GMAT in March. Is it possible that I can get admission into a good b school in Singapore this August?? Please reply @isbmantra @GMATprep @MansieDewanConsulting

• 1 Like  
  • #. 1d.

Hi, Anyone has an idea if Ross's R2 interview calls have been sent out yet ??

• Hi Abhishek, Ross R2 interview results are out last week.... 3d.
Life is like photography, You use the negatives to develop 
Shoaibahmed4u
@Shoaibahmed4u

Hi Abhishek,

Ross R2 interview results are out last week only.

Hi i am a gmat aspirant just wanted reviews of wisdom mart delhi.If anyone could guide.

• the best consultant who can make your application shine f.... 3d.
Anshulmba
Anshul Sharma @Anshulmba 15

the best consultant who can make your application shine for you is YOU. Self exploration is the key. questions? feel free to IM me. thanks

Hi! Any Chicago Booth R1 Interview Invitees here ? Or anyone who's already given his or her Booth interview last year or even before? Just wanted to know the general Booth interview experience! 

The beginning and the end . . CAT15 99.86    CAT14 99.27     GMAT 770(51/44)      Admits 2015-16 - Duke University, USA 

Hello... I have decided to go for gmat exam. I have a very few ideas about preparing for the exam so if there are any suggestions it will be very helpful

• 6 Comments
  • Can someone let me know.. How is SHARPMINDS coaching clas.... 4d.
pspoosax28
PooJa Saxena @pspoosax28

Can someone let me know.. How is SHARPMINDS coaching classes in mumbai for gmat ?

Quick question: what is GMAT registration number and where to find it?

• check your mba.com gmat account.. 5d.
  • It has gmat Id not the registration number. 5d.

Gmat related query! PFB the profile. 10th - 89% 12th-75% Gold medalist in BE power electronics with 8.9/10 in State University. Published 2 papers: 1st at national conference 2nd published in International journal. Work exp: In Infosys since 1.5 years, Vice president in Toastmasters club Based on this profile and if I manage to get a good gmat score, are there any chances of me getting scholarship in a decent B school in US or Canada? If yes, which top colleges can I consider and what percent of the scholarship can I expect to get?

• 1 Like  
  • hello Dhraiya- let me see if I can answer that for you. F.... 29 Jan.
  • Not sure but the tool cuts off my rest of the commentary..... 29 Jan.
Anshulmba

hello Dhraiya- let me see if I can answer that for you. First of all, any information that you may provide regarding your past will never be sufficient enough for anyone to give you a definitive answer. if you are looking superficial opinions you tend to get a bunch. reason, there is no formula where i can plugin all the info and can spit out a list of colleges that will fit you. However, I would say 3-5 years of full time work. ex. keeps you in the game, however, how you portray that experience in essays, resume, and interviews will make all the diff. Reason students with

Anshulmba

Not sure but the tool cuts off my rest of the commentary. IM me if you have questions.

Hi, 

Please review my profile and kindly suggest some good B-Schools in the US or Canada or India.

GMAT-690, Xth 91.14% XIIth 80%, Engineering(Civil) 8.05 on a scale of 10 and 3.6 on a scale of 4. 

40 months of work experience in Supply Chain Management. Currently pursuing MITx MicroMaster's Credential in Supply Chain Management from edX (an online course from MIT).

Please do suggest some colleges i can apply to.

Thank You

• 1 Like   5 Comments
  • Hi Gaurav, Below are some B-Schools you can consider .... 5d.
  • @Shoaibahmed4u thank you for your suggestions. 4d.
Shoaibahmed4u
@Shoaibahmed4u

Hi Gaurav,

Below are some B-Schools you can consider for your GMAT and experience.

India:
ISB
SP Jain

USA:
Eli Broad
ASU
Smeal
Purdue

Canada:
McGill
Sauder

Hope this helps you!

Shoaib

gauravsuri90
@gauravsuri90 2

@Shoaibahmed4u thank you for your suggestions

GMAT 640 GRE 315 10th 93.1% 12th 80% BE IT 7.3 Till 6th sem (MITS gwalior) I am in final year and was looking for mim or mem course outside..have a job in hand(capgemini)..what would be the best option for me..have scored 94.8% in xat..should I take wrk exp n go outside 3 yrs later or take a colg from xat or should apply to outside univ..if outside then which univ shall I apply to..?was thinking of EDHEC mim..how are career services there...can I get better colg?

• 2 Likes   5 Comments
  • Heeransh - I do not have much insight into the XAT exam i.... 7d.
  • U got a job in hand why u want to study MIM, if u focuse.... 4d.
Anshulmba

Heeransh - I do not have much insight into the XAT exam itself, however, here's the golden nugget I will pass to you that I have learnt with years of exp. MBA in general is one of the most practical education that exists. it gives you the valuable skills and tools that are required to get into the next level of leadership and management in the role you chose to pursue after MBA. however, to get best of any MBA program, be it India or abroad is to get yourself a little more seasoned in the current organization you work in and start looking things from a different lens, look at the business side of things like the people, processes and products. if you think you are there and understand all of this and how it work in organization, great, I think you are ready for the next level. I really think one should spend 3-5 years in a corporate job and understand things from a broader perspective. MBA should not be a rush agenda or another thing that you have to check box, guess what I seen folks feeling more miserable and terrible after MBA with more money because they took wrong decision and in a rush. Cut to the chase, take some time, achieve little, get more exposure to business side of things and then in parallel explore the MBA world. sorry I have to take you thru this narrative because I feel it is important to understand first. IM me for more questions. ***please excuse typos*** Anshul

raghuljcm
Ragul CJ @raghuljcm 4

U got a job in hand why u want to study MIM,  if u focused on Investment banking go for  MSc Finance 1 year program. 

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

9179 people follow this discussion.