Amrita:2008-2010

Any queries regarding Amrita School Of Business?Feel free to shoot your questions..........................................
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 1 of 13   

This is a new thread for 2009 - 2011 discussions

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/amrita-2009-2011-25035740

• 1 Like  
"You can try through green channel"... I didn't get that part??

Btw, how is the ASB in Bangalore?? Is it worth doing MBA there?

hey Slamdunk

Green channel is the proposed new admission procedure for the work.ex guys, i believe you can skip certain normal admission procedure in that..
plz do contact the office to know more coz im also not very sure...

And Bangalore... it is starting from this yr, it will be good i hope..

Prem
II MBA
Amrita
Admissions open at Goa Institute of Managemnet

Studying at GIM will change you; transforming you into a competent leader. A learning experience based on Ethics, Diversity, Innovation, Research and Social Sensitivity, specifically designed to launch you into a rewarding and successful career.

Apply Now.

Learn more about us.

Start Downloading
I believe since you have a software services work experience so you can try through green channel for which its better you contact our admissions chair (whose e mail or contact number is available at Amrita School of Business - Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore)

As far as I remember last year lower limit cutoff percentile was around 76, so can always try. There are usually five parameters on which a candidate is awarded final admission viz. CAT, interview, personality, Knowledge, work exp.

You can definitely apply and keep your fingers crossed.

Ashish Makharia
MBA second year
Amrita School of Business

"You can try through green channel"... I didn't get that part??

Btw, how is the ASB in Bangalore?? Is it worth doing MBA there?
Hai Seniors,

I saw Amritha Ads in News paper today..
i got 62.25 % in CAT 2008...I know i wont get any chance for coimbatore campus..How about other campus..kochi..bangalore..what is the percentile accepted to get into these campuses..?
Please reply asap..last date to apply is getting close...!!

Hello,

I my self not very sure of other campuses since they are operating from only this year. However I think you have a fair chance in atleast Kochi and Amritapuri campuses.

Regards,
Ashish Makharia
MBA second year
Hi,

Cat score: 76.5 percentile
10th:69.4%
12th:86.16%
B.E:68.34 %
Exec Mba(LIBA):5.25/9
1.5 years of Workex in a Software Company
2 months- doing business with dad
Extra curricular: Decent

Any chances?? Even if its touch n go im ready to apply. But if i am way behind then there is no point i guess...

I believe since you have a software services work experience so you can try through green channel for which its better you contact our admissions chair (whose e mail or contact number is available at Amrita School of Business - Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore)

As far as I remember last year lower limit cutoff percentile was around 76, so can always try. There are usually five parameters on which a candidate is awarded final admission viz. CAT, interview, personality, Knowledge, work exp.

You can definitely apply and keep your fingers crossed.

Ashish Makharia
MBA second year
  • 1 Like  

Hai Seniors,

I saw Amritha Ads in News paper today..
i got 62.25 % in CAT 2008...I know i wont get any chance for coimbatore campus..How about other campus..kochi..bangalore..what is the percentile accepted to get into these campuses..?
Please reply asap..last date to apply is getting close...!!

Hi,

Cat score: 76.5 percentile
10th:69.4%
12th:86.16%
B.E:68.34 %
Exec Mba(LIBA):5.25/9
1.5 years of Workex in a Software Company
2 months- doing business with dad
Extra curricular: Decent

Any chances?? Even if its touch n go im ready to apply. But if i am way behind then there is no point i guess...

Hi meenu...

As ashish said.. cutoff of would be at that range.. hope you will get good %tile...

Abt the summers, we got into almost every industry in companies like TCS, TATA Steel, Philips, CavinKare, IDBI Glits, UBS and on n on n on....

This yr CavinKare is about to come for the 2008 batch, so summers is good.. and placements... we r expecting a slow down..

Participate further discussions in AMRITA 2009-2011 discussion forum

Wish to hear from you..
regards,

Prem,
2007-2009
AMRITA

• 1 Like  

Meenu nice to hear from you. My name is Ashish, 2nd year student at Amrita School of Business. Congrats for the offers.

Coming to your queries, I believe this year the minimum percentile cut - off level for a call by Amrita must be anywhere between 75 - 80. I dont know how sure u r about the %ile u'r goona gt at score 69. I had quite a weird experience in CAT 2006 when my expected n real scores were very different.

Some students from our batch are able to bag PPO's or atleast PPI's (Pre Placement Interview) like Tata Steel, UBS, Tata Elxsi, CavinKare, IDBI Gilts.

Summers placements for juniors are about to start and so as our placements. Unfortunately we are or it seems we will be affected by d global fianancial downturn.

Data on last year's placmnts can b accessed from Amrita School of Business - Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore

I hope most of your points have been dealt. Feel free to comback.

Regards,
Ashish Makharia

• 1 Like  

hi
first i like to introduce myself
I m meenu ... had done my btech in Polymer science n rubber tech 4m CUSAT (2004-2008..)...m placed in Appolo tyres n CTS ,,
69 marks
26 - quant
17- DI
26- enq

expecting percentile bt 71-83 :sad:

acads
10th - 85
11th- 85
btech - 66(3rd rank holder )

i like to know whether der is ny chance 4 getting admitted to ASB n also i like to know d current PPO if any had got n regarding d summer placements happened now

and also last years figures of salry
including av , mean , highest , and lowest

Hope u seniors will reply
Thnq u
Meenu

Trich Says
Any queries regarding Amrita School Of Business?Feel free to shoot your questions..........................................

hi can u pls tell me the percentile cat score to get a call frm amrita bangalore..?
pls do help me...
somanand_das Says
Bharath as u have seen the college from close quarters whats ur take on the college and facilities in general. what about the laundry facilities in hostel?

Hi
Sorry for late reply
the college has execllent facilities
U hav a well stocked library,a fully equipped Gym
there is a huge playground for cricket and football
there are seperate courts for other ganmes like basketball,volleyball
there is also a synthetic tennis court
There is a provision stores and also a departmental stores inside the premises to cater to ur needs
there is a tailoring shop if u need to stitch something urgent
There is dispensary with an inhouse doctor in case of emergencies
A medical shop too
U need not go out for haircut..There is baraber shop also inside the campus
there are 2 canteens..but,as I said only veg food ..Non veg buffs,don worry,there are some dhabas just outside the campus
now there is also a swimming pool(It was not there when we studied)

Well,if u are spiritual,there is an ashram inside where u hav meditation,bhajans etcthere is a Dhanlakshmi bank branch also available inside the campus
Every hostel has seperate TV rooms and indoor games like carrom,Chess,TT etc

Regarding laundry,u hav 2 or 3 resident Dhobis inside the premises...So no need to worry
  • 1 Like  

Bharath as u have seen the college from close quarters whats ur take on the college and facilities in general. what about the laundry facilities in hostel?

spicyforsure Says
Oh thats the way it goes.... what about the mess???? Is the food ok??

Food is good.Better than most college hostels.But u will have only vegetarian food.Non-veg is prohibited inside the campus
No.The engineering students have seperate hostels
Some students will be accomodated in MBA hostel due to space constarints

Oh thats the way it goes.... what about the mess???? Is the food ok??

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

44 people follow this discussion.