About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Dr. Ravikumar @ravi.catch22

Tags

Ahmedabad / Gandhinagar CAT 2011 Study Group

Hi everyone... This thread is dedicated to all those who are from Ahmedabad & Gandhinagar and are preparing for CAT 2011 & other exams.... Please make this thread active with all the suggestions and stategies to prepare for CAT 2011. I r...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 13   
drkunjan Says
Will try to contact my friends there, if they are free ( which is rarity in IIMA ) I will try to arrange a meet for u guys.

Thanks a ton, friend.

When I posted this, I thought that you'd be the first to reply. I saw ur pics for the meet which I am talking about. You puyz had dinner @ Curries with IIM-A student, right? Must have been a great meet, eh?

It will be our pleasure to have such a meet.
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Hey friends,

Has anybody got a friend studying @ IIM-A?

Well, the thing is that if anyone knows such a person than lets plan out a visit there. Somewhere on PG I read that puyz at B Schools help us out to visit their B School.

Those who held PG Meets in 2009 & 2010 arranged such a visit & it was a part of their OMPA dinner meet, which is a PG Meet, but the difference in this meet is that puyz arrange a lunch/dinner meet for current student of such B School(s) and they get to discuss lot of things with them.

If anybody has some idea or such connection, kindly share it here. It will be beneficial to everybody.

Will try to contact my friends there, if they are free ( which is rarity in IIMA ) I will try to arrange a meet for u guys.
  • 3 Likes  
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of the things and good thing never dies 
Admissions open at Goa Institute of Managemnet

Studying at GIM will change you; transforming you into a competent leader. A learning experience based on Ethics, Diversity, Innovation, Research and Social Sensitivity, specifically designed to launch you into a rewarding and successful career.

Apply Now.

Learn more about us.

Start Downloading

Hey friends,

Has anybody got a friend studying @ IIM-A?

Well, the thing is that if anyone knows such a person than lets plan out a visit there. Somewhere on PG I read that puyz at B Schools help us out to visit their B School.

Those who held PG Meets in 2009 & 2010 arranged such a visit & it was a part of their OMPA dinner meet, which is a PG Meet, but the difference in this meet is that puyz arrange a lunch/dinner meet for current student of such B School(s) and they get to discuss lot of things with them.

If anybody has some idea or such connection, kindly share it here. It will be beneficial to everybody.

Thanks

Hi Puys.!

Here are the minutes of our PG Meet - 2nd October, 2011.

Attendees:
Parth Shah (parth46)
Parth Pathak (under_dog)
Manohar Rai (manohar.rai)
Sanjay Nayak (sanjayA)
Sanat Monahty
Tanay Gurjar &
Moi
(Jay)

Venue : Zen Cafe (Amdavad ni Gufa)

Well, 3-4 puys appeared for AIMCAT today so we decided to meet @ 5:30 pm. I arrived first and I thought that it is going to take some time for everyone to come. So I visited the exhibition "Our City Ourselves" @ Kanoria Center of Arts. It is indeed a good one, I must say.

Just after a few minutes Parth Pathak arrived and so did Manohar Rai. Well, we got a new puy to join us this time. He is Tanay Gurjar. He is currently working at Tata Motors. All 3 of them were coming just after appearing for AIMCAT. Parth wasn't satisfied with his score. Manohar did pretty well, as usual. I won't bother you with the details We gather some chairs and take our places.

Here came Parth Shah & Sanjay. Ok, now we began to discuss about preparations, how is it going and that sort of stuff. None of us was in mood to discuss about studies, yet. Shortly, another new puy joined us. Sanat Mohanty. Sanat & manohar know each other. When we asked how, manohar replies "Sanat is my service provider. I am his client (followed by laughter )" The thing is, Sanat is working at Baker Hughes, which provides service to ONGC It is good that new puys have joined us, our group is getting bigger and we are having people from diverse backgrounds.

Ok so now all of us started bakar bakar, whatever is the topic, but mostly it is related to CAT preparation & B-Schools. Meanwhile, we captured these moments in my cam. You can have a look at these pics on our FB Group (there is a lot of activity going on here). In between, manohar, parth pathak & others kept sharing some useful gyaan once in a while.

Discussions on topics like Pyaar ka punchnama, Garba, various organizations, IIMs (how can it be left?), cut-offs, other exams, Word Power made easy, useful material related websites & many other things kept going on. There was another topic, which I am not willing to mention here, that sparked a little debate, I shall say. But thankfully we didn't engross ourselves in it.

Well, a lot has been discussed till now and all of us feel "chalo yaar, ab chate hain". So here we end our PG Meet and it isn't decided yet when the next meet will be. When I asked everyone for next meet, manohar said "If anyone is getting bored sitting at home or preparing alone, we'll plan another meet ;-)"

Adios amigos

Puyz,

Another PG Meet tomorrow....

Same place (Zen Cafe). Time 5:30 pm.

Agenda :
1) We'll be discussing an AIMCAT paper
2) CAT related "gyaan"
3) Will decide on the spot

Last meet's attendees will be there, except suraj2157 as he is not in A'bad. We got one more attendee Tanay Gurjar

You can find the activity going on, on our FB group.

• 1 Like  

Feeling really sad to be so far away from Ahmedabad:banghead:....Wish I could be a part of the meet

But anyways, it's a part and parcel of life...Hoping to meet all of you some day...

@Jay--Really nice work buddy:clap:...And thanks for posting the minutes of the meet:cheers:

• 2 Likes  
Dr. Gaurav Mehta, HRM&LR Batch of 2012-14, TISS-Mumbai
In fact, i ll have to leave on 1st evening...so wud not be able to spend more time....

see if "30 sept" is convenient...

Well, as most of us are working, I doubt for a meet on 30th. The only way for all of us to meet on 30th can be a "PG Dinner Meet" , I guess.

We need opinions from everyone, though. Coz all of us have different office timings.

BTW, post abt this on our FB Group.
Hey buddy,

Are u here on 2nd Oct? Coz we've planned a meet this Sunday (2nd). Lets see if everyone agrees for Saturday.

In fact, i ll have to leave on 1st evening...so wud not be able to spend more time....

see if "30 sept" is convenient...
Liked what you read? Visit my blog - http://lifearattle.blogspot.in/
omiey07 Says
In abad on 29/30 sept and 1st oct.....plan out a meet, i wud be dere....!!! :)

Hey buddy,

Are u here on 2nd Oct? Coz we've planned a meet this Sunday (2nd). Lets see if everyone agrees for Saturday.

In abad on 29/30 sept and 1st oct.....plan out a meet, i wud be dere....!!!

Liked what you read? Visit my blog - http://lifearattle.blogspot.in/
Hi everyone,

Well, today's PG meet was a really cool one. It was the first time I attended PG Meet (arranged it as well ). Following Puys attended the meet

manohar.rai (Manohar Rai)
under_dog (Parth Pathak)
parth46 (Parth Shah)
suraj2157 (Suraj)
sanjay.a (Sanjay)
moi (Jay)

Can we have some photos??
BTW good going, keep it up. CAT is just a month away now. Group discussion will help you a lot. Specially encouraging and motivating each other. All the best for All the entrance exams.
  • 3 Likes  
Hi everyone,

Well, today's PG meet was a really cool one. It was the first time I attended PG Meet (arranged it as well ). Following Puys attended the meet

under_dog (Parth Pathak)
parth46 (Parth Shah)
suraj2157 (Suraj)
sanjay.a (Sanjay)
moi (Jay)

I really am grateful to all of you guyz for coming and making the meet more successful than what I thought.

Firstly, I and parth46 arrived at ZEN Cafe. As I & parth live nearby, we went together. After reaching we talked about general stuff and were waiting for other Puys to come. As none of us had PG T-Shirt we were anxiously looking at those guyz who seemed alone or like they were searching for Puys

Then arrives under_dog. I knew he was a puy, coz I saw his pic on previous PG meet pics. So 3 of us started getting to know each other & CAT scores and all that stuff.

So as we were discussing we were also looking for people who were searching us. Then arrives manohar.rai. He was looking out for puys and we identified him. So here comes the guy who is from IIT K, converted IIM I & K few years back, didn't attend any as he wanted to go for UPSC. But now he is back in the game!

Now there were four of us and really nice conversation was taking place and some nice "gyaan" was being shared. Thanks to manohar.rai. Three of us are working currently and parth46 is about to join TCS very soon. All of us shared our experiences of CAT, B-Schools interview, Test series, work related things and many other things. Suraj2157 arrives soon.

Now were getting thirsty, so we head for tea @ Ruturaaj, near GU. After satisfying out thirsts we head back to Cafe. We were just about to leave and a guy comes and asks "excuse me, there is a PG meet here today" and we reply "dude, we are puys". So here we welcome suraj.a:wow: He appeared for AIMCAT thats y he couldn't come on time.

So, now all of us are standing outside the Cafe and the discussion goes on for a considerable amount of time. Now it is nearly 8:30 pm, so we fix the next meet and depart.

Summarizing it, it was a fantastic meet and all of us really enjoyed. Zen Cafe is really nice place to meet and the crowd there is really good, especially the girls

Our next meet is on 2nd Oct. 5 pm, same place. We'll be discussing AIMCAT paper and more of CAT preparation related stuff. We hope more guyz attend this meet as it will be beneficial to them too.

Ciao

Really a good time with you guys yesterday ......
and great job from your side for arranging a meet which will not only help u bt to us also ....;)

Looking forward for next meet and some seniors this time ......like i had heard of past meets .....:D

Edit: Looking forward to see many more of u to join us ......
  • 1 Like  
NITIE, PGDIM-20 Batch 2013-2015

Hi everyone,

under_dog (Parth Pathak)
parth46 (Parth Shah)
suraj2157 (Suraj)
sanjay.a (Sanjay)
moi (Jay)

I really am grateful to all of you guyz for coming and making the meet more successful than what I thought.

Firstly, I and parth46 arrived at ZEN Cafe. As I & parth live nearby, we went together. After reaching we talked about general stuff and were waiting for other Puys to come. As none of us had PG T-Shirt we were anxiously looking at those guyz who seemed alone or like they were searching for Puys

Then arrives under_dog. I knew he was a puy, coz I saw his pic on previous PG meet pics. So 3 of us started getting to know each other & CAT scores and all that stuff.

So as we were discussing we were also looking for people who were searching us. Then arrives manohar.rai. He was looking out for puys and we identified him. So here comes the guy who is from IIT K, converted IIM I & K few years back, didn't attend any as he wanted to go for UPSC. But now he is back in the game!

Now there were four of us and really nice conversation was taking place and some nice "gyaan" was being shared. Thanks to manohar.rai. Three of us are working currently and parth46 is about to join TCS very soon. All of us shared our experiences of CAT, B-Schools interview, Test series, work related things and many other things. Suraj2157 arrives soon.

Now were getting thirsty, so we head for tea @ Ruturaaj, near GU. After satisfying out thirsts we head back to Cafe. We were just about to leave and a guy comes and asks "excuse me, there is a PG meet here today" and we reply "dude, we are puys". So here we welcome suraj.a He appeared for AIMCAT thats y he couldn't come on time.

So, now all of us are standing outside the Cafe and the discussion goes on for a considerable amount of time. Now it is nearly 8:30 pm, so we fix the next meet and depart.

Summarizing it, it was a fantastic meet and all of us really enjoyed. Zen Cafe is really nice place to meet and the crowd there is really good, especially the girls

Our next meet is on 2nd Oct. 5 pm, same place. We'll be discussing AIMCAT paper and more of CAT preparation related stuff. We hope more guyz attend this meet as it will be beneficial to them too.

Ciao

• 3 Likes  
drkunjan Says
PG cap?? since when we are having PG cap?

Well, I thought that there would be PG Caps as there are PG T-Shirts. I apologize for my unawareness
  • 1 Like  
PG Meet Attendees,

Kindly PM me ur contact number, I've PMed mine to all attendees. So we can contact each other.

If anyone is having PG T-Shirt or Cap then kindly wear it so it will be easy to identify the group.

PG cap?? since when we are having PG cap?
  • 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

47 people follow this discussion.