About this discussion

[2012] UPES Dehradun Admissions

Heyy, i am a final year mech. engg. and my academics are as follows: 10th- 83%; 12-81%, CGPA- 8.2 till date. Got 82.21% in MAT Sept 2011. Planning 2 go fr MBA(O&G;) in UPES. Can u give me the overall scenario like placements etc in the sector. P...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 26 of 133   
@amber.vasudeo Hey mate, agreed the Oil and Gas has touched gr8 dimensions at UPES but why international Business is not good to get into? International Business has applicability across ALL domains and sectors and one of my friends who has graduated with the same degree here has been very happy with her career.
@ravibaranwal Hi, it should not be a problem to be shortlisted just give it your best shot in their Group discussion and interview if you are planning to go for BBA and for B.tech you need to score in UPES Engineering Aptitude Test (UPESEAT) followed by Centralised Counseling. Rest will fall into place.
LIVE CHAT with ex- Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi

Ask all about Post-CAT results in a LIVE CHAT on 

26th December 2014 at 8.30pm with  Dr. Himanshu Rai, CAT 2010 Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi.‚Äč

Participate Now

-Full time post graduate program in business

-Faculty from SDA Bocconi, Italy 

-Dual Campus Mumbai and Milan

-2014 Avg. CTC 10 Lakh p.a

- Merit Based Tuition Fee Waiver 

Download Placement Stats
@djomnia Yes! it is definitely worth but yes it depends on your interests too. UPES offers some elaborate career options in energy & core sectors, offering some good opportunities for students. I think they have best placements as they are best in their core sectors...
@naive1999 Hi buddy that a really nice score you have got bro. Congratulations! Looking at their previous track record, I must tell you that they have a very impressive placement cell that received offers so far from nearly 200 reputed National & International companies. Companies like ONGC, Reliance India Ltd, IOCL,Torrent Pharma, Schlumberger, Tata Projects Ltd., TCS etc and the highest CTC that has been offered so far is INR 15 lacs pa. The stats are pretty convincing for me.
  • 1 Like  
@theparabrahm Well, most of the friends i know got really good packages and were really happy.The bottom line is that you will have to stay focused and work hard if you really want to make the most of any opportunity. So, I would personally suggest it is a good institute to go ahead with. All the very best, man!
@pauli Hi buddy, UPES accepts all Nationalized level test scores XAT/MAT/CAT etc. They also conduct an entrance test themselves. you can just check their website for details. Here is a help http://www.upes.ac.in/admissions-2012.html Cheers!
@amber.vasudeo said:
it depends upon which stream u r luking for in upes
Can you elaborate? Cut off varies???
National Insurance Academy (2013-2015) 
@rakesh.p.nair said:
10th 80%12 60%BE Civil 67%Cat 72%Gen category...What are my chances???
it depends upon which stream u r luking for in upes
10th 80%12 60%
BE Civil 67%
Cat 72%
Gen category...
What are my chances???
National Insurance Academy (2013-2015) 
@avi.ghaziabad said:
@amber.vasudeo ya u r ryt bt hike is also an important factor after investing 2 years n huge money
ya ryt...u wil get hike
@amber.vasudeo ya u r ryt bt hike is also an important factor after investing 2 years n huge money

yup

@avi.ghaziabad said:
@pauli Perhaps Haryana campus is closed now for MBA, u have to go dehradun
nit has a campus for mba in dehradun ? :O
@avi.ghaziabad
@avi.ghaziabad said:
@amber.vasudeo How much u will rate UPES Oil & Gas out of 10, I have experience of three years, how much increase I can expect after my MBA in Oil & Gas from UPES
everything is not abt packages in mba..profile matters alot...OnG is the flagship course of this college..wid wrk-ex it will give to gud opportunities for sure
@amber.vasudeo How much u will rate UPES Oil & Gas out of 10, I have experience of three years, how much increase I can expect after my MBA in Oil & Gas from UPES

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

290 people follow this discussion.