[2012] NIT Durgapur MBA queries

Please carry on with discussions for admission into NIT Durgapur MBA in this thread. here's the link to the older thread. http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/15324-nit-durgapur-mba.html
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 6 of 59   
timepassplz Says
Hi Puys n Seniors...Waiting list 38 in open category....do i stand any chance??

we can only say GOOD LUCK
accounts & stat r ok but CALCULUS not again !:banghead: ! have to take tuition

n dipnis sir,can u clarify that can we get hostel or not as it has been stated --"hostel not available for time being" ..so can we hope in 1month or 2 ...

no need to luk around 4 tutions........u r in a postgraduate programme!!!!!!!!!
classroom lectures wl b suuficient 4 u all.moreover u all wl get ample support 4m ur seniors n faculties............regarding ur studies.
  • 3 Likes  
LIVE CHAT with ex- Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi

Ask all about Post-CAT results in a LIVE CHAT on 

26th December 2014 at 8.30pm with  Dr. Himanshu Rai, CAT 2010 Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi.‚Äč

Participate Now

-Full time post graduate program in business

-Faculty from SDA Bocconi, Italy 

-Dual Campus Mumbai and Milan

-2014 Avg. CTC 10 Lakh p.a

- Merit Based Tuition Fee Waiver 

Download Placement Stats
Jzzjuhi Says
Ya...n wht abut gals...do dey hav chances to get hostel accomodatin aftr few months....??? Plzzz rply

high chances 4 grls.......2 get hstl accomodation,probably hv 2 wait atleast couple of mnths.
vivekbanerji007 Says
last time in open category waiting list was done frm rank 47 - 78 uptill the 46 students were filled in open category. So nearly 15-18 students were frm waiting list who took addmission & rest were absent so it went along till rank-78 in 2011.so you hold a very high chance to be get selected as always 10-15 students leave at the date of addmission & your position is 6th. According to me the best nit's are trichy,allahabad, durgapur. You can go with ism dhanbad but i will say nit jaipur & kurukshetra is not good enough as they are totally new.

thanks bro 4 d valuable guidance
chanks Says
Hi everybody.... i m waitlist 6 for MBA NIT-durgapur in open category please let me know about my chances of getting confirmed... meanwhile i am thinking of applying for NIT kururukshetra or NIT jaipur for playing safe... any info regarding these institutes..please guide me

Last time in open category waiting list was done frm rank 47 - 78 uptill the 46 students were filled in open category. So nearly 15-18 students were frm waiting list who took addmission & rest were absent so it went along till rank-78 in 2011.So you hold a very high chance to be get selected as always 10-15 students leave at the date of addmission & your position is 6th. According to me the best Nit's are Trichy,allahabad, durgapur. you can go with ism dhanbad but i will say Nit jaipur & kurukshetra is not good enough as they are totally new.
  • 1 Like  

Hi everybody.... i m waitlist 6 for MBA NIT-durgapur in open category please let me know about my chances of getting confirmed... meanwhile i am thinking of applying for NIT kururukshetra or NIT jaipur for playing safe... any info regarding these institutes..please guide me

NIT-D MBA Seniors ...

In our 2012 MBA Brochure its give subjects belonging to Intl. Business & Econometrics ... ( Sem 3 & Sem 4 electives )
So can we chose that specialization ... ??
NIT Durgapur MBA

for girls, there is less or no possibility to get hostel accomodation as there is shortage of availibility. At our time only 2nd year MBA girls were accomodated to hostel & 1st year girls students were said No for time being for the whole year so they resided in 54 foot in Durgapur at rent.

• 1 Like  

classes frm Mon-fri & sat, sun are off. timings probably 9:15-5:30 PM. just u will get detailed routine in july once the classess commences.

• 1 Like  

classes r held from monday to friday or saturday? what r the timings?

Ya...n wht abut gals...do dey hav chances to get hostel accomodatin aftr few months....??? Plzzz rply

angshudon Says
Hello dipnis sir....I just wanted to ask what all topics should we revise before our classes begin so that we dont fall behind....also I want to know about the summer internship process at our institute...I mean which all companies give summer internships...sorry if I have posted a repeated question....:-)

Get it done with accounts:topic company final a/c,cash flow n sum basic concepts of accounts,next try 2 revise ur mathematics especially whole calculus,also go for statistics.
  • 2 Likes  
vivekbanerji007 Says
Hello Dipnis 28 i was waiting for your reply, thanx for the comments, my sip is going well what about yours?.Hello to everyone so you should revise the subjects in 1st sem is Accounts, Manegerial economics, quants, statistics, marketing mgmt organizatinal behavior(Hr). so some will be easy for engg & some for BBA B.com ones. For Sip many co.s are there like titan, bob, idbi, imrb, tata steel, dsp, pepsico, coal india,metal junction, uco, ubi bank, iocl etc & many more in kolkata, dgp & across india but it will be later part in the 2nd year you all need not to worry because some help will be provided by us, mainly SIP is done by candidates own internal references, class TPR will also look to be in touch with co.s & send the students, so TPR is decided by all of you i.e he/she will be frm your class (by election) & lastly some faculty may help for SIP but for very few co.s i.e. DSP, titan etc.Hope this will help you.

thanks for the info sir.
we expect to get more support from all the seniors when we we enter college.
  • 3 Likes  
vivekbanerji007 Says
Take your own decision as you deserve the 1st rank so you got it, but if you get better collg than this then you should switch for other college, all the decision lies upto you by asking your frnds, seniors & coaching teachers. Have bright future ahead. May i know your CAT %ile & grad background?....

Actually applied thro CMAT-94 %
Bck grnd: BE
don't be confused buddy... may be you deserve that.
congrats.
so, are you joining?

Not sure!!! waiting for some other results:cheers::lookround:

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

135 people follow this discussion.