SHOW

2012- GD Topics - Current affairs

HI Puys, We all have numerous website offering advice abt how to perform well in GD and PI... now that CAT exam is over and SNAP will be done tomorrow, why don't we try something like mock GD.. I mean, lets come up with hot topics of 2011 - c... Read More »
Puys,

Started out as a GD/PI thread but ended up being a Fin/Eco thread !!! For many engineers who dream to get into Finance roles, I hope interactions and access to my content gave you some background understanding. My purpose was not just to help you guys clear GD/PIs but give you a heads up for your MBA first year as well !!!!

Many of you reached out to me via PM, Email & blog/video comments and I hope did justice to your queries. A big CONGRATS to all those who converted this year and All the Best to those who have the courage to fight it out one more time.

Reads like a parting speech but it is not. I am available at kar.shovik gmail. Lets keep the bonds that we have formed here and keep our network alive.

Thanks a trillion for your enthusiasm and keeping the thread going. As with the season, the thread comes to a close, wishing you all the very best !!!

Hopefully will be back next year as well !!! Till then , have a great time
  • 10 Likes  
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
2G scam
commonwealth scam
tunisia revolution
IPL : Overdose of cricket
School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package : 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package : 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
me4fms Says
Puys any link for general awareness in pdf format ( not saying abt pratiyogita D ) any other source where we can find current affairs in synopsis form ??

TheOnlineGK
open the desired current affair link..at the end u'll find download option...
hope this will help...
double post...
SHOVIK SIR, can u explain the following o me in simple language.

what is priority sector(in India) RBI's policy towards it

RBI policy to eradicate poverty

diff B/W banking and finance

negotiable instrument acts
This topic was for XLRI PMIR this year :

Economic Development in India- The East-West Divide
Hello,
I have read your posts your have done a fabulous job. I have applied for IIM L WMP programme(Hope u have heard abt it) I have my GD/PI, I am from telecommunication/testing background having around 4 years What sort of questions i can hope in my PI . Can you guide me .??

I do not know who you are referring to but I will reply as I have for most of the queries on this thread.

Vinay, I would suggest you go through the relevant thread on PG or search for it on the Internet. I am quite sure you would be able to find a plethora of information regarding it.
Hello,
I have read your posts your have done a fabulous job. I have applied for IIM L WMP programme(Hope u have heard abt it) I have my GD/PI, I am from telecommunication/testing background having around 4 years What sort of questions i can hope in my PI . Can you guide me .??

so would be great if u can say something about these profiles or of any other profiles which are offered

I dont think this is right thread to discuss this topic .There are plenty of Finance related threads for you to ask these queries . Nevertheless , i am posting the profiles i know and profile which i came to know from my friends :

Retail Banking- Savings Accounts/Current Accounts/Credit Cards/ Bank assurance/ Private Banking etc. This is one aspect of Banking where the focus will be more on marketing rather than finance.

Transaction Banking/Business Banking- Current Accounts/ Cash Management Services etc

Corporate Banking- This would involve giving loans to small and medium companies. Involves a mix of finance (role of Credit Analyst) and marketing (role of a Relationship Manager)

Risk Management- More or less completely finance and involves substantial number crunching. Great opportunity if you love numbers and don't really want a client facing role.

Capital Markets/Project Financing- Involves financing of very large projects both on debt side (long term loans/ syndication etc) and equity (M&A;/ Private Equity etc). Again involves a mix of Finance and Marketing

Treasury- Foreign exchange trading/ bond trading/ Correspondent Banking etc.nice job if you really like stock trading looking at international transactions or trying to anticipate the markets.

Also check this post : http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/career-discussions/25733-repository-skill-sets-pg-junta-14.html#post3163695
Another doubt

There is a specialization called general management in many colleges
Can any one tell me what exactly it is?
What are the various profiles given in this particular domain and what exactly people do who specializes in this domain

Please post in right thread
You are not rich until you own your mistakes - Linda Poindexter
Chinas military rise
Asia's balance of power: China
How India can beat the oil crisis
How India can beat the oil crisis - Economic Times
  • 2 Likes  
Another doubt

There is a specialization called general management in many colleges
Can any one tell me what exactly it is?
What are the various profiles given in this particular domain and what exactly people do who specializes in this domain

Similarly, some colleges offer a specialization called Strategic management, what exactly it is, how is it different from general management
Hi Shovik

Can u please throw some light into the following financial profiles

1) Corporate and Transaction/Treasury Banking roles

2) Investment Banking(Middle end, IT and operations)

3) Debt and Equity markets (Front end)

4)Debt and Equity markets(Middle end, IT and operations)

5) Private banking and wealth management

6) Corporate finance and business development roles in FMCG companies(I guess any company be it IT also recruits from here, hope i am correct???)

Many of us associate finance with just front end investment banking and the lucrative path it is, so would be great if u can say something about these profiles or of any other profiles which are offered
Puys any link for general awareness in pdf format ( not saying abt pratiyogita D ) any other source where we can find current affairs in synopsis form ??
Dear Sir,

Can you plz throw some light on the latest army chief getting offer of 14 cr. bribe........for the truck deal!!!

Though the query is not directed to me , here are a few links that can help you get a detailed analysis of this row

1) Fresh Row Over Army Chief's Bribe Claims news.outlookindia.com and related items of this news.

2) Army Chief row raises questions The Asian Age

@Visited this thread today..wonderful info shared..thanks to everyone who contributed Kudos :cheers:
  • 7 Likes  
“Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.”
Dear Sir,
These are the few Qs asked in the PIs. Kindly if u can elaborate a bit
on dese topics..
1. Diff btw functions of world bank and IMF?
2. Diff btw fiscal deficit and revenue deficit?

Hi Sudipta,

1. Check out this link for the difference - The IMF and the World Bank: How Do They Differ?

Read the headers under which they have been differentiated.
They are clubbed under the

1. Purpose
  2. Sources & Recipients of Funds
  3. Size and Structure

Check out the tabular form at the end of the article. It is well summarized.

Let me know if you have any problem.

Fiscal deficit occurs when the revenue of the govt. Is less than its expenditure and
revenue deficit occurs when the actual revenue received is less than the forecasted or expected revenue. So a revenue deficit does not exactly imply a loss of revenue.

Let me know if there are any queries.
  • 4 Likes  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

129 people follow this discussion.