Free Question Bank – PaGaLGuY's Prepathon

Includes Daily Quizzes, GK updates and Mock Tests!
For CAT, IBPS, SSC-CGL and more!

[2011] ISB Hyd's Admissions Director Mr VK Menon answers admission-related questions

Dear all, The tradition continues in its fifth year. ISB's *Senior Director, Career Advancement Services and Admissions & Financial Aid, Mr VK Menon* is back on PaGaLGuY to answer all your questions about ISB PGP admissions, scholarships...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 39 of 85   

Hi Sir,
When should the international applicants (Indian passport holders) expect a call for interview in Round 1?
Have all the calls for Round-1 already been made?
Thanks for all the help!

A friend of mine who is an aspirant for ISB , is having his GMAT tomorrow scheduled at 10 AM here in Kolkata . Need urgent help , as this guy is not having passport but all other docs he will be carrying . He is also not from a very wealthy background that he can afford to take the test again ..... Pls help on this ......

Coolrahine

Unfortunately, PearsonVue and GMAC accept only the passport in India as proof of identity!
  • 1 Like  

A friend of mine who is an aspirant for ISB , is having his GMAT tomorrow scheduled at 10 AM here in Kolkata . Need urgent help , as this guy is not having passport but all other docs he will be carrying . He is also not from a very wealthy background that he can afford to take the test again ..... Pls help on this ......

Coolrahine

• 1 Like  
Dear sir,
Many thanks for your input. Appreciate it.
My real concern is how do I portray an improvement in comm. skills in Essay 4...or putting it differently do I need to talk about any comm. skills improvement in Essay 4 (given ISBs specific feedback)..or ISB will essentially make out the same in interview.. given that I have taken more roles and responsibilities in the last year..?
Please guide me. Thanks for your effort.

Use additional essay for highlighting the overall improvements in your profile, you may talk about efforts put for comm skills as well which the panel will judge during interview
Ask ISB Admissions 2013 Thread - http://pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-accepting-schools/2012-ask-isb-hyderabad-slash-mohali-admissions-director-am-kannan-answers-admission-related-questions-t-83812/
Hi - I am planning to apply for R2 (deadline Nov 30). I have a query regarding submission of GMAT score. I am planning to take my GMAT on 28th Nov as there is no other date available (I am in US).
The FAQ page states that:

4) Can I apply with a Test Centre/Unofficial GMAT Score Report?
Yes, you can. However, the official score report from Pearson VUE should reach the ISB at least by the time we short-list the applicants.
7) How long does it take for the Official GMAT scores to reach ISB?
Normally it takes 2-3 weeks for the official GMAT score to reach us.
Will I be considered for the deadline if I send my GMAT scores later?
You will not be allowed to submit your application without a valid GMAT score. However, you can submit the application with your test centre scores, but the official score should also reach us within 3 weeks of submission of your online application.

As I gather from the above three statements, I should be okay for my Nov 30 deadline and submitting my application with the test centre score of Nov 28 and then making sure my official score reaches ISB by Dec 20. Please confirm this. Also, I was wondering that does this mean that ISB admissions committee does NOT start shortlisting applicants even after 2-3 weeks of Nov 30?

Yes. Test centre report is ok
We don't wait for the official score to shortlist.
Ask ISB Admissions 2013 Thread - http://pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-accepting-schools/2012-ask-isb-hyderabad-slash-mohali-admissions-director-am-kannan-answers-admission-related-questions-t-83812/
Admissions@ISB Says
comm skills is all about being confident and able to comprehend and answer with conviction. as long as you can do this you should do good.

Dear sir,

My real concern is how do I portray an improvement in comm. skills in Essay 4...or putting it differently do I need to talk about any comm. skills improvement in Essay 4 (given ISBs specific feedback)..or ISB will essentially make out the same in interview.. given that I have taken more roles and responsibilities in the last year..?
Dear sir,

My real concern is how do I portray an improvement in comm. skills in Essay 4...or putting it differently do I need to talk about any comm. skills improvement in Essay 4 (given ISBs feedback) ...My inference, ISB will essentially make out the same in interview.. given that I have taken more roles and responsibilities in the last year..?
Dear Mr. Menon

I was wondering if you could give me an advice on whether I should apply for ISB for the class of 2013. My profile is as follows:

My GMAT score: 620.

Overall Experience: 7 years, all in IT with some leading software companies and currently working for an Investment Bank in the IT wing.

Decent amount of involvement in Extra Curricular activities.

I am planning to apply in the second cycle and look forward for your suggestions on the same.

Thanks
Abhishek
With due respect to Mr Menon and ISB Admissions office,

@AbhishekISB - Please refer to post http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/international-indian-mba-schools-accepting/66866-2011-isb-hyds-admissions-director-45.html#post2958698 and do write to pgpadmissions@isb.edu for counseling.

Dear Mr. Menon

I was wondering if you could give me an advice on whether I should apply for ISB for the class of 2013. My profile is as follows:

My GMAT score: 620.

Overall Experience: 7 years, all in IT with some leading software companies and currently working for an Investment Bank in the IT wing.

Decent amount of involvement in Extra Curricular activities.

I am planning to apply in the second cycle and look forward for your suggestions on the same.

Thanks
Abhishek

Hi - I am planning to apply for R2 (deadline Nov 30). I have a query regarding submission of GMAT score. I am planning to take my GMAT on 28th Nov as there is no other date available (I am in US).
The FAQ page states that:

4) Can I apply with a Test Centre/Unofficial GMAT Score Report?
Yes, you can. However, the official score report from Pearson VUE should reach the ISB at least by the time we short-list the applicants.
7) How long does it take for the Official GMAT scores to reach ISB?
Normally it takes 2-3 weeks for the official GMAT score to reach us.
Will I be considered for the deadline if I send my GMAT scores later?
You will not be allowed to submit your application without a valid GMAT score. However, you can submit the application with your test centre scores, but the official score should also reach us within 3 weeks of submission of your online application.

As I gather from the above three statements, I should be okay for my Nov 30 deadline and submitting my application with the test centre score of Nov 28 and then making sure my official score reaches ISB by Dec 20. Please confirm this. Also, I was wondering that does this mean that ISB admissions committee does NOT start shortlisting applicants even after 2-3 weeks of Nov 30?

• 1 Like  

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

331 people follow this discussion.