Nice! Like it on Facebook so that your friends can join you here.
bro a quick quetion, u said keep an eye contact with the person who's q u r replying to, but i got the feedback frm sm others that just like in gd u need to look at each of the panelist as u answer.
could u plz clarify.
Pointers for PIs - Part 1 :)
1. Listen to what panel says : It has been observed many times that due to nervousness/anxiety, people try to answer the question in hurry either by cutting off the panel towards the end of the question OR without understanding the question properly. Take your own time and come up with the apt answer. There are no marks for answering in hurry, marks are there for answering appropiately!
2. Body Language : Be positive with your body language. Do not shake legs ( some people do it unknowingly, keep a check on same). Try to have eye contact with the person asking the question and do not let expressions of anxiety come on your face. If possible keep a slightly smiling face. Also, if one is of the habit of moving hands too much while speaking, try to control it.
3. No place for too many emotions: Few questions might be asked in PIs asking your views on current scenarios, happenings etc. Dont be too emotional while answering them. Try to be open and put forth all the perspectives and their analysis while asked such questions.
4. Career Objectives: Be clear with your career objective, how will 2 year MBA help you in achieving it. This is among those questions which might be make or break for you, try to be clear in answering and also prepare some cross questions which a person might ask you on your answer for this question.
5. Value Addition: You will be asked on 2 value additions atleast and you need to have a decent answer for them. First one is the value that you would add to yourself during 2 years of MBA and how do you see yourself getting polished during MBA. Another one is the value addition that you would bring to the XYZ College and the participants studying there with you.
6. Dress Code: Have seen people asking if wearing coat/suit is necessary. No such thing is necessary. You just need to be in formals ( full shirt, trousers and preferably a tie for guys and a suit/saree/western formals for girls). Coat is not at all necessary. Also, it would be around March when most of you would be having interviews, so coat is not that much required. Just wear the formals that make you comfortable and ensure that they are properly washed and ironed. Also, sometimes our image is judged by shoes we wear, so keep a check on your shoes in terms of them being polished etc.
Girls please try to avoid jewellery !
Most Frequently asked questions along with what they are used to judge to follow soon :)
PS: Link to the post updated in first post of thread for quick reference.
aaravkhanna90 SaysWhat cud be ques on Rural sector as i hav mentiond a desire to work in dat field after my MBA my father being farmer nd i sen d rural life nd problems though i m a software engineer (fresher)??????????
aaravkhanna90 SaysAlso sir i hav a ques as to how to relate my Btech frm computer science to MBA in INTERNATIONAL Business as i wanna completely change my filed to a rural managment sector ??????????????
The woods are dark, lovely and deep:
Life always offers such various temptations. They look very attractive, and tempt us to fall for it. We would love to enjoy the moment, and savour the happiness it offers.
But I have miles to go before I sleep:
But Responsibilites, which have to be fulfilled take the 1st priority. There is still a long way to go, to achieve them. I cant afford to relax and enjoy the present moment.
Enjoying at present,will not make my future happy. And thereby I should be focused on my goal and concentrate towards it
Commments are welcome :D
My first post on a gd forum
PS: This thread is awesome
I agree to all the different pesrpectives of the fellow group members
The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep
It can be framaed up in three points
Problem : The life is an endless journey and man wants to enjoy in the lovely woods (indulge in various pleasures of life) and spend some quality time but then he remembers he has other work to do which is more important(he has his daily life which he cannot leave).
Solution : He has to manage his life in such a way that he enjoy's the life's journey alongwith spending time in pleasures and fulfilling his promises towards society, family, work life.
Action Plan : Be positive and optimistic towards life and always manage time so that u have time for yourself and live life carefree,
even if one door closes God opens n number of doors for us so believe in him and spend time in lovely woods along with keeping all the promises.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
The words in bold can also represent mysteries, or knowledge in the books. Ideally, I would have loved to read all the books in the world to satisfy my thirst for knowledge.
However, I have promises to keep.
Owing to financial and temporal constraints, I cannot possibly achieve this end. Further, I have responsibilities towards the society - my employer, my family etc. and I must adhere to them.
While I would have loved to spend as much time as available in my quest, it is not feasible and I must return to my worldly duties.
My first post on a common GD forum.
Please provide an honest feedback!
Puys, what's up with "The woods are lovely....."? No response for long.
All results & analyses done, let's get back to GD
If I continue with the discussion now, it'd become one-on-one or redundant. Waiting for someone to contribute
poonam19a Sayshow a lack of well defined fiscal policy has led to the failure?
Also sir i hav a ques as to how to relate my Btech frm computer science to MBA in INTERNATIONAL Business as i wanna completely change my filed to a rural managment sector ??????????????
What cud be ques on Rural sector as i hav mentiond a desire to work in dat field after my MBA my father being farmer nd i sen d rural life nd problems though i m a software engineer (fresher)??????????
thanx sir, can u plz send me d links where in i can all d dese dat India has done?????????
@poonam: I would also like to mention that this crisis is much more than a fiscal crisis. Its more of a trade imbalance. As all the members of the eurozone have a single currency i.e EURO; so what happens is that they all act as a huge country and hence nobody notices the inter state trade deficits which is the main reason for this crisis. Its like in india we have a trade deficit between states like U.P & J & K. But that doesnt come into picture coz we are evaluated as a country.
The given statement is a perfect example of maintaining a balancing act between opportunities and responsibilities.
The woods are lovely dark and deep: I am a flamboyant cricketer. I can enthrall everyone with my batting prowess. There is a demand for me, I have the opportunity. To play Twenty20 cricket for clubs. To tour the world as a freelance cricket millionaire. There are brands waiting for my endorsement through my clubs. I can retire after 2 seasons instead of slogging for years in international cricket.
But I have promises to keep: What has my passion always been? To represent my country. To use and showcase my skills as a sportsman to the best of my abilities and make my country proud. To don the country colors is my first priority. I have a moral responsibility to my country and the sport I play.
When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.176 people follow this discussion.