About this discussion

Last updated

Author
Rohit Awasthi @estranged_gnrs

Tags

[2010] PaGaLGuY Coolest Avatar Contest - Vote for your favorite avatar!

After one week of intense campaigning and nominations we have woohoo! 43 nominations! :shocked: Firstly, a big shake your booty dance for everyone who nominated themselves! :: Just to sum it up, out of 43 nominations, 23 got at least one ...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 27   

PG Singh always believes in 1st position chahe woh uppar se ho ya niche se

Anyway kudos to the top three!!:D

And 'the_hate' ,you had put in a lot,well deserved first place Congrats!!:D

Keep The Insanity alive

• 23 Likes  
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
MAAZAAAAA AA GAAYAAAA .....

First,
Hate deserves a special mention, Congrats Bhai ... You truely deserved to win!

Hokay!
Since the number 1,2,3,4s of the contest have spoken their minds, I feel the stage is all set for me

Wadda week sir jee .... Power Packed :cheerio:

Main jeeta to nahin hoon, lekin phir bhi badi speech doonga afterall, i thoroughly enjoyed it

I nominated myself without any idea of how this contest will progress.
Got selected in the final 10 by the judges (a buggy thanks ) ... and now what .. get votes! Okay but how .. not an easy task!
Initially didn't get much time for campaign (office work :banghead:) .... met AC/Bluffy on SB who said "No excuses" .. kuch to karna hi tha ..
Tried to get Bluffy to campaign, but since I wasn't active for the first 2 days .. Bluffy ditched me

PearlCrystal: Very nice concept of Avatar. "Almost" sent u PM to support u, hope u cud have shown more enthu initially, story cud have been different ;)

Which was sort of ok .. since I accept I wasn't much active for the first two days ... ok so here I was .. with not much into the competition, not much out either .. trying to figure things out .. with no campaigner too!

I had already read that Alpesh had won the previous year (PMs played a good role), so started sending PMs to people .. some voted, so many didn't. Was not very encouraging .. 3 din ho gaye approx ...

Phir hua excess PM waala kissa .. ab yarr ... hum bhi kya karein. Learnt that PG was also sending so many PMs. A few good men complained, and I got a penalty. Wasn't completely guilty, but expressed myself on the thread and moved on ... I never sent a single PM after this episode. Releived! :D

By this time, I had got a secret advisor who was campaigning for someone else .... Alpesh .... Thanks a lot Alpesh for encouraging me/helping me out/suggestions and to tell me to keep fighting!
I also had got a star campaigner/supporter, Raveesh (Raveesh_Dream). Thanks a lot bro! You rock!

gnrs ke creative post waala idea - rocking :thumbsup: did help me to get some :thumbsup: and some votes as well ...

So yeh sab chalta raha ...

Last two days, party formation hua. Must say, too much politics happened! Enjoyed it
Da Vinci Poda was formed! ...
Now my votes were for the team. Thanks a lot to:
Neha, PP, Alpesh, Bluffy, Doc, hate

who worked so hard for the team, I also did!
You all just rock :cheers:
I really enjoyed being a part of Da Vinci Poda :clap:

Koi miss ho gaya ho to sorry! Thanks to you too ...
Thanks a lot to all those who voted for me!
Thanks to all my competitors too .. It was great to have you on the opposite side :thumbsup:
Thanks to judges
And to each one here ....

Really Enjoyed Each and Every Moment of this Contest!

Bas ho gayi speech over ...

Cheers!
  • 21 Likes  
LIVE CHAT with ex- Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi

Ask all about Post-CAT results in a LIVE CHAT on 

26th December 2014 at 8.30pm with  Dr. Himanshu Rai, CAT 2010 Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi.‚Äč

Participate Now

-Full time post graduate program in business

-Faculty from SDA Bocconi, Italy 

-Dual Campus Mumbai and Milan

-2014 Avg. CTC 10 Lakh p.a

- Merit Based Tuition Fee Waiver 

Download Placement Stats

Wow! :w00t: The Roller coaster ride finally ends! I "hate" to admit it but the_hate had to win!! Kudos to your creativity man! Before I go about on the thank you speeches, I would like to mention that,anything that was said or written on the thread was all in pure jest and no personal offence intended!!

P.S No.1 : Mainly the above to PP,MK and Navi as some of my jokes and comments were aimed at them! You guys have been the torchbearers of this holy forum for the past few years and shall remain so! Pehle Abhi

The People I would like to thank

Will start off with my team and my campaigners! Vision,Bmr,Bala,intello,suneja,adityacool,anshul,MBA-,freakinda,sn.soumya and milind. Absolutely brilliant campaigning and some stunning posts,strategies and some startlingly subtle ways of blackmailing!

I then come to everyone who voted for me.Every vote is special but a special vote of thanks to >> or >> or >> Pagalguy for having the faith in the avatar and the campaign and choosing to vote for it,prem sir for not banning some of Vision's campaign posts(),sidharth for having followed the campaign throughout,members and cheerleaders of the DT,UDT and everyone who I pinged on gtalk.pmmed or met on SB..

I then come to TrueIndian sir for the idea on the gamechanging first alliance!! This was funny.Saxena calls me up and tells me "Bhai,hum CK aur IMC ke saath alliance banaa rahe hei"..Mei bola "Abey yeh kab hua?? :w00t:" Saxena bola "Abey TI se baat hui..he said..he PMmed u par tu reply nahi kiya" Then we discussed the plan...decided we'll take Neha towards the last day(which of course never happened ) and win the contest.That said,TI was the brain behind the initial alliance! Kudos!

Then coming to Shammimji aka Nakli Pagalguy!! Discussed loads of plans with him on gtalk which finally culminated in the alliance! CK without whom none of the Chaddi jokes would have been possible Spent close to 3 hrs in a day talking to him over gtalk or on the phone discussing strategies.

I also wanna thank Bluffy,neha,hate,vision(again).diablo,PP(again) for some brilliant humour on the thread,vivek,PC,tarun,IMC for some amazing creativity and the Team for winning the alliance contest!!

So where are the prizes?? :lookround:

Edited: I know I have missed a lot of people.Please groan at the post if i have.

• 24 Likes  

Congratulations hate
Dude you deserved to win! from your first post to last post there was creativity in every post and no doubt you ought to win it. Hats Off to you! :thumbsup:

Now coming to Da vinci Poda cause we sell soda was never gonna to be possible without hate, PC, PP, BLuffu, Alpesh, Doc. it's okay we lost it. but the work we did to bring it up is the best memory of the contest. Thanks guys. you all made it fantastic experience :thumbsup:

Phew! So the contest in finally over!! :w00t:
Ok i may go bit dramatic but i'm really sad it's over.
Seriously, i had no clue I'll come this far in contest. infact, last wednesday, it was only one hour left for the nominations to get over and i didn't have single clue what to write to nominate myself. it was just cause of doc and assassin that i could nominate myself. thanks guys for sticking with me throughout. I'm not sad i didn't win it. i'm so glad i was part of this madness. it's the best experience i had on PG and as i said in my nomination post, it's brought me closer to PG. and special thanks a ton to Bluffu, Doc, Alpesh and Assassin for being with me. and yes those amazing survey and post was only bluffu's hardwork. never wanted to take credit for it but bluffu said just do it.
and Bluffu, i have no regrets the last post was by hate. he deserved it. we couldn't have let it go like that. i would have been really sad if he didn't post the PPT! dude it was his hardwork in the midst of his interview. i'm very happy for you hate. and so glad to know bluffu.

Ok i'll end by just saying one thing,was surfing tv channels a while ago and saw abhishek bachchan in add of rendez-vous, he said: Don't be sad it's over, smile it happened to you! :D

Thankyou judges and CEC to select me and thankyou everybody who supported me from judges, friends and voters. :D

:cheers:
Neha

• 23 Likes  
congratulation to the_hate aka abhishek bhai

To other contestants better luck next time.....

Finally creativity wins :clap:

the_hate

:cheers: :drinking: :drinking: :cheers:
  • 14 Likes  

Thank to Alpesh for putting in ideas with me to make the last PPT which was compiled and posted by THE HATE !

HATE: Kudos to you. Some GOOD creative Kickstart ! I am glad you won !

I would like to reveal to junta the last minute strategy of DA VINCI podas.
We had all given hope of winning as the vote difference was too much.
Then bluff and AC came up with numbers and we realized we could still win(individual category one) if I bag 25 or 50 points..1.5 hours left, Neha and team sacrificed their hardwork and ideas, gave it to me and I madly rushed to make the PPTs.

So I would like to thanks Neha,Bluff and AC for their wonderful concept in last PPT :cheers: I made and posted the PPT but the whole concept of last PPT was of these people. Without their help it would have not been possible.

That's called a team spirit.
DA VINCI Podas ka soda rocks \m/

PS- Thanks to God of chennai...naga...for his support in last week :cheers:

• 27 Likes  
You'll never walk alone

Now I can work at Office and sleep at Home...or vice versa

Finally its Over

Although I was a judge, I couldnt help myself making some posters ( and Surveys and PPTs )
Thank to Alpesh for putting in ideas with me to make the last PPT which was compiled and posted by THE HATE !

Best part of this contest was the Divine Intervention by CEC !
What an idea Sirjie !
After that the PMing decreased and the creativity poured in !
SO MUCH ENTHUSIASM by SO MANY PEOPLE! WOW !

COOLEST AVATAR CONTEST ROCKS!

HATE: Kudos to you. Some GOOD creative Kickstart ! I am glad you won !

P@GALGUY: It still takes effort to go from 0 to highest votes even by PMing. So good work there

NEHA.VISIONARY: The points table does not actually reflect what you deserve. You deserve much more...but 3rd is great for the type of competition it was shaping up. And we all know a lot of those Top posts votes was supposed to b in ur bag but went to ur team member because of a purpose. U ROCK !

RAJARAMVARUN: Salute ur BRAINPOWER... working out the calculations, politics, alliances...good work... this only happens when someone is totally into the contest!

PearlCrystal: Very nice concept of Avatar. "Almost" sent u PM to support u, hope u cud have shown more enthu initially, story cud have been different ;)

Clark Kent: Nice fight until the end.

tarunceo: Even when u did not see any votes coming, we still saw posts from u.... takes guts man! Hats off.

imcoming, vivek_mba10, born.vagabond: No fault of yours, but this is how the contest is. Good to see ur participation until the end.

It is always fun to team up and also compete with good friends in PG like PeePuri, Alpeshm Monster, Navneet, diablo.
Also good enthusiasm shown by other supporters...u can take ur own name

Even if I don't visit PG for 11.5 months. The half a month of Coolest Avatar Contest makes it up for me. See you again.
Until then :drinking:

Cheers,
BLUFFMASTER!!!
  • 24 Likes  
Congratulations

I have had realll good fun this year

Hail the Spirit of PG...
Would mention a few people:

1. AC
  2. gnrs
  3. bluffu
  4. hate
  5. neha
  6. PC
  7. varoons
  8. Thakurr
  9. aashish
  10. Navi
  11. Adi
  12. Swati
  13. Kin
  14. NR
  15. diablo
  16. abhi1max1
  17. CK
  18. SM
  19. shamim
  20. imgoing
  21. vivek

You people made it "different"

Cheers,
PP

Apne CEO ka naam hi nahi liya :banghead:

In my last 3 years on PG i have campaigned in the avtaar contest 2 times and incidentally have been on winning side both times :biggrin:

To future kaantestants - if u wanna win have me in ur team warna

Congos to Abhishek (who at one point in time acutally thought of pulling out coz of some personal hiccups - good that u didnt..and as i said tht i consider as my best contribution as the CEO ) Got to see some good creative posts from Pagalguy and brain team but i wud say and dont think many wud disagree tht the_hate was a clear winner if u only consider creative side of the contest.

Waiting to comeback again next year and hopefully again on the winning side

Cheers

For the last time - CEO the_hate inc
  • 16 Likes  

Congratulations the_hate on becoming the Coolest Avatar 2010.

I am sorry, I wasn't able to contribute to your campaign.

Kudos to all the other participants for making it one of the closely fought Avatar contest.

Special thanks to CEC and the judges(including me):biggrin:

Cheers
Sukrit

• 14 Likes  
Well the avatar contest of 2010 comes to an end.Finally I've learned how to answer the meaning of politics.
First of all I'd like to congratulate our 5 Horsemen team for this beautiful win.
rajaramvarun
Clark Kent
imcoming
tarunceo

To my supporters:-
rani_das
xxuu23d
Krish
cognizant_81
MBA-
and all the voters those who voted for me.
It'd not have been possible without these peoples.Thanks

I'm sorry if I missed someone's name.

I also Thank each and everyone those who have been regulars on this thread either as a contestant or a supporter.

My special Thank goes to our beloved CCE of this contest (estranged_gnrs), Ankur Bhai (spirit11) and to all the judges:-
TRUEINDIAN (I salute you Bhai.Sacche Hindustani ke takat ki koi seema nahi hoti.)
diablorulez
BLUFFMASTER!!!
AlpeshChaudhari
chuck_gopal
puri.pallavi
sukritmunjal
abhi1max1
nishant_rungta
sid_dharth
deep_agarwal

It's really a great fun and full of enjoyment. :clap:

Best moment of the voting period:-

Maximum number of 5's during the voting period i.e. 10

5 (Horsemen) = 10 (contestants)

Screen-shot taken @ 05-May-10 2-28-13 AM

Congrats Hate Bhai! :cheers:

PaGaLGuY.com Rocks !!!
Cheers,
PG

I thank all the members of pagalguy family who participated,voted and contested in elections.i also give my heartiest thanx to members who voted for p@galguy and other contestants.ihope that in future such great contestants should occur.i suggest our great moderators that there should be such a system that would allow every individual to show his best performance and every person gets equal accolade as other.this could be possible through freindship.we should love and respect others same as we love ourselves ,each person is unique in his/her own character.unites we stand divided we fall.lets maintain this unity though trust,respect,which ucan find in common platform of freindship.
  • 15 Likes  

Congratulations

I have had realll good fun this year

Hail the Spirit of PG...
Would mention a few people:

1. AC
  2. MK
  3. gnrs
  4. bluffu
  5. hate
  6. neha
  7. PC
  8. varoons
  9. Thakurr
  10. aashish
  11. Navi
  12. Adi
  13. Swati
  14. Kin
  15. NR
  16. diablo
  17. abhi1max1
  18. CK
  19. SM
  20. shamim
  21. imgoing
  22. vivek
  23. CEO saab :)

You people made it "different"

Cheers,
PP
  • 26 Likes  
My old signature does not fit here :(

NOW Its Your Turn Puys!!!:cheers:

LET CREATIVEITY WIN AND NOT THE MUD-SLEDGERS!!!

vote for PG+STUDY Mode
Its You!!!!

PS: Everything from the scratch is Original Creativity of my Mind.. If you like, plz vote for me(you!!) Don't Let Me Down>.::
PPS: I'm expecting a no. of groans from Jealous People!

Vivek_MBA
I liked your creativity.......Its ok sometimes one has to loose in life.....I think your work was gud......dnt loose hope........Keep the gud wrk going ........
  • 14 Likes  

Wow!!

Must say this year campiagn has been really great overall
n its all so comforting that everyone understood the soul behind this contest.

Really the_hate creativity has been of another level. though wanted himt o show more action :sneaky:
but hell he was ossum.. apart from him loved the spirit of specially neha.visionary..pearl crystal..rajaramvarun..clark

some misunderstood whats this contest is all about and got to increase their post count

Bluff bhai you always rock.. and with true indian support we saw some noteworthy posts pouring in..

This year it has been great..

At thjis juncture I would like to salute Rohit .. (estranged_gnrs) who actually thought out all the issues coming in and sorted it out. It could have nebevr been possible without you sir. Amazing!! hats off!:cheers:

Thanks to all the judges for doing such a great work.. it was never been easy..

PG rocks! PG rulez

• 20 Likes  

Well the avatar contest of 2010 comes to an end.Finally I've learned how to answer the meaning of politics.
First of all I'd like to congratulate our 5 Horsemen team for this beautiful win.
rajaramvarun
Clark Kent
imcoming
tarunceo

To my supporters:-
rani_das
xxuu23d
Krish
cognizant_81
MBA-

and all the voters those who voted for me.
It'd not have been possible without these peoples.Thanks

I'm sorry if I missed someone's name.

I also Thank each and everyone those who have been regulars on this thread either as a contestant or a supporter.

My special Thank goes to our beloved CEC of this contest (estranged_gnrs), Ankur Bhai (spirit11) and to all the judges:-

TRUEINDIAN (I salute you Bhai.Sacche Hindustani ke takat ki koi seema nahi hoti.)

diablorulez

BLUFFMASTER!!!

AlpeshChaudhari

chuck_gopal

puri.pallavi

sukritmunjal

abhi1max1

nishant_rungta

sid_dharth

deep_agarwal

It's really a great fun and full of enjoyment. :clap:

Best moment of the voting period
:-

Maximum number of 5's during the voting period i.e. 10

5 (Horsemen) = 10 (contestants)

Screen-shot taken @ 05-May-10 2-28-13 AM

Congrats Hate Bhai! :cheers:

PaGaLGuY.com Rocks !!!
Cheers,
PG

• 26 Likes  
Finally I won :cheers:
The avatar contest was one of the best thing that happened to me on PG.
Will not say much. AIPGM ke liye bacha ke rakhoonga winner speech :D
par for now, I would like to say thanks to the_hate inc-
I'm glad that the deserving candidate won.MUHAHAHA ;)

i guess the pic below is self-descriptive.....
Congos hate bhai!
@P@GALGUY,rajaramvarun,neha.visionary and all other competitors - nicely done to you all too! :cheers:

• 13 Likes  
http://www.facebook.com/mangesh.bedarkar

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

87 people follow this discussion.