About this discussion

Last updated

Author
UnderDog Mod @visionIIM-ACL

Tags

[2010-2011] CAT Coaching Classes Queries

Hi People, Carrying forth the tradition , PG comes up with a new thread for queries related to coaching classes . Here, in initial posts , we have tried to compile all the general queries asked by fellow puys and solutions to these quer...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 49 of 65   
I have done engineering in 2010 and plan to work for 2 years before doing my MBA. Currently I have been placed in Infosys and TCS. Infosys has given me a joining date of December 2010 and am waiting for TCS joining date.

I don't want to waste this period between July and Dec 2010 and want to prepare for CAT. I also plan to write CAT this year so that I can gain some real exam experience.

Is it advisable to join the classes for this short duration(I live in the outskirts and travel it would take me 1+1 hours of driving to goto CL) or should I borrow material from my friends and try to give it a shot considering the fact that I have complete TIME material for 2009? And are there any online video series where I can learn quick tricks for solving problems?

Well... If it takes about 2 hours in traveling itself.. then in my opinion.. it isn't worth .. to spend so much time on traveling.. However its important ... that you take some mocks though.....

Anyway..I guess the best option which you could look at is... get some kind of material..and start preparing.. it would be hard to find any video of any kind specifically for CAT preparation..... And try taking the mocks offline and compare the cutoffs with your actual scores... This should suffice..
  • 2 Likes  
Commenting on this post has been disabled.

I have done engineering in 2010 and plan to work for 2 years before doing my MBA. Currently I have been placed in Infosys and TCS. Infosys has given me a joining date of December 2010 and am waiting for TCS joining date.

I don't want to waste this period between July and Dec 2010 and want to prepare for CAT. I also plan to write CAT this year so that I can gain some real exam experience.

Is it advisable to join the classes for this short duration(I live in the outskirts and travel it would take me 1+1 hours of driving to goto CL) or should I borrow material from my friends and try to give it a shot considering the fact that I have complete TIME material for 2009? And are there any online video series where I can learn quick tricks for solving problems?

LIVE CHAT with ex- Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi

Ask all about Post-CAT results in a LIVE CHAT on 

26th December 2014 at 8.30pm with  Dr. Himanshu Rai, CAT 2010 Convenor and Dean MISB Bocconi.‚Äč

Participate Now

-Full time post graduate program in business

-Faculty from SDA Bocconi, Italy 

-Dual Campus Mumbai and Milan

-2014 Avg. CTC 10 Lakh p.a

- Merit Based Tuition Fee Waiver 

Download Placement Stats

Santhosh.. who was a faculty under Byju used to take verbal classes for us... And I must say .. he was damn good.....

Just enquire whether he is available in your city...

• 1 Like  

hey guys, i am looking for a private tutor in delhi for verbal... plz help

hi anirudh, i found u standing on the same situation in which i was once. the thing is that you are experiencing a sad back from either from your result or from the faculty of time. so don't let it come upon yourself. what i was recommended, i would like to share with you that helped me out. join the test series of time they are really very helpful. and as you have mentioned that your friends had joined cl so just try to get the material from them. as the vocab section plus the rc's section is given in an elaborated manner in cl's material. Now to the question of where you should join i would recommend you to take the trial classes that are given in the rest of the institutions that will justly help you out to make out which institute's faculty can help u basically. as u have taken the classes from time so you are aware of the study type and methodology. you will be able to judge what is t that you need. and if u want that special concentration should be given on you then try out alchemist. also go for the test series of pt education they will help you to boost up your moral.
thanks.

join TIME again if you think the CAT disaster was because of you not preparing well or sheer hard luck, this would give you an advantage as you would be already aware about the faculties and a sense of easiness would be there,
but if you think TIME didnot provide you with proper coaching change it and join maybe cl or ims because when this feeling comes in that they did not teach me well then you will not be able to grasp your classes well,
but then as you said even your friends in cl did not fair well so i would say give TIME another chance (only if you trust them), maybe you would get some monetary benefit also,
rest even i studied at time and many of us studied at time and the same goes for even cl,

further queries you can revert back

hi anirudh, i found u standing on the same situation in which i was once. the thing is that you are experiencing a sad back from either from your result or from the faculty of time. so don't let it come upon yourself. what i was recommended, i would like to share with you that helped me out. join the test series of time they are really very helpful. and as you have mentioned that your friends had joined cl so just try to get the material from them. as the vocab section plus the rc's section is given in an elaborated manner in cl's material. Now to the question of where you should join i would recommend you to take the trial classes that are given in the rest of the institutions that will justly help you out to make out which institute's faculty can help u basically. as u have taken the classes from time so you are aware of the study type and methodology. you will be able to judge what is t that you need. and if u want that special concentration should be given on you then try out alchemist. also go for the test series of pt education they will help you to boost up your moral.
thanks.
hieeee,

can ny1 plzzz help me in sugessting which classes 2 join TIME,CL or som pvt classes lik byju in mumbai

i hav already appeared 4 cat 2009 n i had joined Time then...

so plzz suggest shld i go 4 Time again.. or which is the other option... i hav 2 get in som gud b school this yr as this is ma lst chance

First calm yourself. Since you have already appreared for CAT, you should be knowing what are the pros and cons of your preparation. You will definitely be knowing which sections are good and which one you can sail through.

Class room coaching helps to do the following things:
1) To keep on your toes as you will be seeing your competition. If you are confident in a section, that shows in your response of the class.
2) Keep you in touch with concepts. The Concepts like Geo,TSD etc, you require constant practice, (at least i require:))

if you are disciplined in your approach, I don't think you require any coaching as 2+2 is always be 4, even if you study @ home. :)

Mocks are important. And even more important is how you identify the weaker sectiona and whats your POA (Plan of Action).

Be calm when making decisions, even when you are taking mocks.

All the best.
hieeee,

can ny1 plzzz help me in sugessting which classes 2 join TIME,CL or som pvt classes lik byju in mumbai

so plzz suggest shld i go 4 Time again.. or which is the other option... i hav 2 get in som gud b school this yr as this is ma lst chance

For your coaching institute query, I suppose a puy from Mumbai will answer your doubts. But I would just like to say that a Coaching institute does not solely decide whether you will enter a Top Bschool or not. Yes, mocks are definitely necessary. But due to the mushrooming institutes, nowadays one feels that he/she just can't succeed without them. Just keep in mind that such institutes are there to make money as their primary objective.

You had joined TIME earlier. So why are confused about rejoining it? You should be able to judge whether TIME is okay for you, or if you need to change it. Judging by the tone of your statement it seems that you are feeling desperate. Try to take your decision in a calm frame of mind. Best of luck.
  • 2 Likes  
Akirametekunaio

hieeee,

In Pune IMS is the best option for CAT/GMAT/GRE preparation.
The faculties and personal attension is better at IMS.

As discussed earlier its not the coaching classes but you who makes the difference in CAT, because almost all the classes send at-least one student to the top B schools. So once you have made your mind to make that difference, a mentor (remember mentor and not coaching) and study group(fellow competitors) will be be a definite plus.
I don't have much idea about faculties and type of batches in IMS or CL in pune, so won't be able to give your answer. Rather I will make it little difficult by suggesting you a third choice Tathagat. The best thing @TG is small batch size (that too with selected students so quality group assured) and mentorship approch (i felt it like my second home instead of just another coaching class) with one of the best faculty team in Pune. Be it Manish sir's grammar fundas in bakar break or Rakesh sir's tricks and challenges, I found every penny of time utilized in a quality manner there. And at last but not least the content is of TotalGadha which is one of the best study material I have seen.
So my suggestion will be to check the available options on these parameter and than you will be able to feel the difference.
  • 1 Like  

hello everyone I reside in Goa and I would like to know the best coaching option in goa.. as I feel that CL has come up with the innovative papers ( unlike TIME which has similar paper every year, I guess) Can anybody tell me about CL, Have they started to conduct Test Series ?

Does anyone know about only verbal classes in CAT. Checked with Cplc and Time and also with Cl but didn't find one.

GautamJB Says
Yes, i have a friend working in cplc and he has informed me the same. Right now not many good faculty are left with cplc. The all have left for some other organisation or for further studies.

Again get your information right folks. CPlc main guys are still in. .... One of their faculty has his book launch and I attended and met everyone. They are too good in what they do. I did ask the same question to few students there and came to know that the people who left are just one year old in the industry and not even MBA. I am convinced about Cplc an TIME though ARks has left .

Hi, which classroom program is better in Pune? Is IMS a good one?

Hi, i want to know about pfindia.com(pathfinder),i want to take there online lectures,can i take it? please help me here.Im not joining any class for cat but can i make the preperation through these online lectures? can it make 100 preperation or i have to join the class.

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

399 people follow this discussion.