SHOW

[2010-2011] CAT Coaching Classes Queries

Hi People, Carrying forth the tradition , PG comes up with a new thread for queries related to coaching classes . Here, in initial posts , we have tried to compile all the general queries asked by fellow puys and solutions to these quer...
cud some1 who has been following this thread properly put some light on Coaching Centres in Delhi?
PS: I am going to join the weekend batch.

i would reccomend TIME,CP
cleared CFA level 3... it is party time :)
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
Hello People

New thread for CAT coaching related queries for 2011-12 season is up now

Link http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/prep-resources/67146-2011-2012-cat-coaching-classes.html#post2763781

Please go through FAQs and if your query remains unanswered, feel free to shoot it there :)

Cheers!
  • 5 Likes  
** MBA is hyped but post MBA life is over hyped **
School of Inspired Leadership - Admissions Open!

SOIL has been co-created by a consortium of 32 leading companies. Admissions Open for the 7th Batch!

500 + Alumni working in top positions across industry.

Average Package: 9.0 Lacs, Highest Package: 18.0 Lacs

Apply Now!

Know more about 1 year leadership program at SOIL.

Download Now
actually i don't hav much idea abt online programs.....

can u plz suggest me sm names????
i want to join classroom program...i think it will b better option....

Do yew hav ny idea abt institute....

My take - classroom vs online program - It doesnt matter whether you join a classroom program or an online program - The inputs in a Live online classroom can match the inputs in a classroom program ;

Positives of online programs -
1) Convenience - you can attend classes from home or view recorded classes whenever you want. This benefit does not exist in a classroom program - Working professionals do not have fixed timings of exit from their work place.

2) Cost - THE cost of an online program is roughly half of a classroom programs with no reduction in the inputs provided.

3) Negatives - The only negative of an online program is that it is not suited to the requirements of a non serious candidate - But the non serious candidate does not clear CAT and does not go to IIMs even after joining a classroom program.
  • 3 Likes  
Live online CAT Prep @www.pfindia.com
i want to join classroom program...i think it will b better option....

Do yew hav ny idea abt institute....
cud some1 who has been following this thread properly put some light on Coaching Centres in Delhi?
I am a working professional having 1 year of work exp.
Want to give CAT and other MBA related xamz this year...Bt am not getting fro m where to start..
I m in mumbai...can sm1 plz tell me the coaching institute near Thane

I heard abt IMS, TIME, and Patrick Dsouza classes.

Pls tell me which one is gud...

Waiting for rply..... :)

Do you wish to prepare online or do you wish to join a classroom program?
I am a working professional having 1 year of work exp.
Want to give CAT and other MBA related xamz this year...Bt am not getting fro m where to start..
I m in mumbai...can sm1 plz tell me the coaching institute near Thane

I heard abt IMS, TIME, and Patrick Dsouza classes.

Pls tell me which one is gud...

Waiting for rply.....
I am Byju's cat student and i am a working professional. I am trying to figure out which mock test series should i enroll(Other than Byjus). How many test series should i enroll , is total 2 enough?

I have shortlisted the below
1) Time
2)CL
3)Test Funda

Experinced puys pls advice!

me too Byju's student bro ,
TIME mocks are competitive because of the number of students appearing their mocks. the quality of the test also much better than others.
But post exam analysis wise testfunda is better, they will give you a complete analysis about ur answers and questions. if you can try to attend the free iCAT-00 in testfunda site, so that you will know the structure of the test.
I don't about the CL mocks . From these two TIME is better and testfunda is good.
  • 2 Likes  
thanx a lot subish for your valuable reply... well i am in my 3rd year of engg(I.T)..and as per my assessment, study material alone will do for grooming up my Quant and D.I section..bt will be requiring a little guidance for strengthening up my VA section to the mark...

Reasons for Joining IMS that i feel:-
1.) good study material
2.) better post CAT guidance
3.) Additional mocks for exams other than CAT.
4.) Will get better help from PUYS if overwhelmed by doubts.
5.) Will get my assessment done nation-wide through mocks.

Reasons for Joining Endeavor :-
1.) Will get more personal attention.
2.) A compulsion for writing editorials(everyday) and book reviews(weekly).
3.) Better rapport with center head.
* No idea about study material.

Any suggestions ??

Management graduates will now tell you - prepare a rank order matrix from the above data and choose the one with the lowest rank ...:)

IN simple words - which criterion is the most important to you ? Once you identify the criterion - the selection of the right institute then is a no brainer ..
Kindly excuse me but I dont have the required time to go through this complete thread...so cud some1 who has been following this thread properly put some light on Coaching Centres in Delhi?
I am Byju's cat student and i am a working professional. I am trying to figure out which mock test series should i enroll(Other than Byjus). How many test series should i enroll , is total 2 enough?

I have shortlisted the below
1) Time
2)CL
3)Test Funda

Experinced puys pls advice!
Agree with the points you've said. Apart from the 4 aspects you've mentioned, the other one happens to be individual attention from profs in subjects you wish to focus on. I had joined Roy Eddington Charles (REC) for my entrance prep and i must say it was a great experience with a lot of individual attention.
I feel coaching classes should also be judged on whether the course can be customized based on the student's strong/weak areas. Hence the recommendation.

First and foremost - What is it that you desire out of a coaching institute - According to me some of the reasons why people join a coaching institute are

1. Good Study Material

2. My friend goes there

3. Good teaching.

4. Maintaining regularity throughout your preparation.

You need to look at what is your unique need - If you are good at basics and need study material alone - then joining any one from amongst TIME, IMS or CL will serve your purpose. Why even think of Endeavour or any other similar players?
In case your need is good teaching, then locally you must do a survey of whether the said institute has adequately qualified teachers. Good teachers might be there at Endeavour, or even at TIME or IMS or CL.

Last, but not the least - Never go by isolated opinions about an institute - whether online or offline - Check yourself about each and every fact mentioned by the concerned institute - Ask for demo classes etc ..
  • 1 Like  
Hi Puys...I would like to know which TIME centre is better in Hyd for classroom coaching...Kukatpally or Madhapur?
First and foremost - What is it that you desire out of a coaching institute - According to me some of the reasons why people join a coaching institute are

1. Good Study Material

2. My friend goes there

3. Good teaching.

4. Maintaining regularity throughout your preparation.

You need to look at what is your unique need - If you are good at basics and need study material alone - then joining any one from amongst TIME, IMS or CL will serve your purpose. Why even think of Endeavour or any other similar players?
In case your need is good teaching, then locally you must do a survey of whether the said institute has adequately qualified teachers. Good teachers might be there at Endeavour, or even at TIME or IMS or CL.

Last, but not the least - Never go by isolated opinions about an institute - whether online or offline - Check yourself about each and every fact mentioned by the concerned institute - Ask for demo classes etc ..

thanx a lot subish for your valuable reply... well i am in my 3rd year of engg(I.T)..and as per my assessment, study material alone will do for grooming up my Quant and D.I section..bt will be requiring a little guidance for strengthening up my VA section to the mark...

Reasons for Joining IMS that i feel:-
1.) good study material
2.) better post CAT guidance
3.) Additional mocks for exams other than CAT.
4.) Will get better help from PUYS if overwhelmed by doubts.
5.) Will get my assessment done nation-wide through mocks.

Reasons for Joining Endeavor :-
1.) Will get more personal attention.
2.) A compulsion for writing editorials(everyday) and book reviews(weekly).
3.) Better rapport with center head.
* No idea about study material.

Any suggestions ??

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

400 people follow this discussion.