About this discussion

Last updated

Author
UnderDog Mod @visionIIM-ACL

Tags

[11 Jan 2012] CAT 2011 Results : Analysis , Discussions and What Next !

Hi all, CAT 2011 Results, the most awaited ones of the results have been declared. Please use this thread for all the discussions on results, analysis and the way ahead from here! Wish you all good luck and hope you all convert th...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 3 of 106   
Hi

I am an SC girl candidate with low percentile of 74.5.Still I got calls from iim bangalore iim kozhikode .Do i have any chance of converting my iimk or iimb calls?I have 1year of work ex.
10th marks:94.2(c.b.s.e)
12th marks:85.8(c.b.s.e)
b.e:75.03(first class with honours from Jadavpur university)

Yes!! Absolutely!! Give your best shot in the GD/PI and there is no reason why you would not convert the call.
ATB
Cheers! SIBM Pune Human Resources 2012-2014
Commenting on this post has been disabled.
X - 78 % (state board)
XII - 56% (state board)
BE - 55 % ( till 6th sem)
Extra curricular : Organised Technical events and was in the organisers team for couple of MICROSOFT Workshop.
CAT 2011 - 85.03 percentile
sec 1-77 percentile
Sec 2-90 percentile.

any chances of getting a call from welingkars?

Yes, you do stand a decent chance of getting a call. ATB
Admissions 2015 @ Great Lakes

PGPM 2015-16

1 Year Fast Track MBA Program for experienced professionals. 

App. Deadline (Cycle 2): 24 Jan. 2015

PGDM 2015-17

2 Year MBA program for graduates with 0-2 years of experience. 

Learn More

Global Faculty and internationally benchmarked curriculum

Accredited by AMBA, UK (PGPM & PGXPM Programs)

Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in One Year MBA Programs (2014)

Ranked 10th by Business India in Top B-Schools (2014)

Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs p.a. for PGPM 2013-14 &

Avg. CTC of INR 8.07 Lakhs p.a. for PGDM 2012-14

Know More
Xth-88.8%(C.B.S.E)
XIIth-86.8% (Commerce c.b.s.e)
Grad-Maths Honrs,D.U-59.18%
NO Work ex
Call Recieved-IPE,IBSAT,ITM,FORE,BIMTECH,NIBM,IMT,NIRMA,KJ SOMIYA,IMI
Which others colleges should i apply at My percentile...Where i will be getting a call....??
Admission needed this year....
Is IMI Kolkata and Kirloskar worth applying with my percentile.....???
PLZ HELP.....PLZ HELP....

Since you want an admission this year itself, try to convert FORE/BIMTECH/NIRMA/KJ. All are decent colleges.

If you want to have a back-up, then go ahead and apply for IMI Kolkata and Kirloskar, else not required.

Hope it helps.
ATB for GD/PI.
Hows KJ SOMAIYA (IB)

placements, profiles offered

got only 2 decent calls at OA 81

SIMSR
NPTI (expecting)

It's a decent college. But, if you have time on your side, then would suggest you to take CAT 2012.

ATB.
Pandey Abhishek Says
I have got 74 percentile in CAT 2011. Is there any good college where I am eligible to apply. Or should I prepare for the next CAT?

Well, at that percentile, I would advise you to give CAT another shot. Moreover, the deadlines for almost all the good colleges are over.

ATB
Hey...my profile
xth-61
xiith-61
bcom-51
i completed my bcom in 2010 n since lst two yrs m lukng aftr my dad's busines

i wana knw if wud b able to get 95+ in cat wil der be ne chances of gettng a admission in ne top b school wid sch academic record..
Plz help me out...itz a vry serious prblm for me

Moreover, the college's selection criteria keeps changing every year. As of now just concentrate on CAT and try to do well in the mock cats that you would be taking later.
  • 1 Like  
Hey...my profile
xth-61
xiith-61
bcom-51

i wana knw if wud b able to get 95+ in cat wil der be ne chances of gettng a admission in ne top b school wid sch academic record..

You can't do anything about your academic record (for good or for worse). So don't spend too much time thinking about it. Coming to your question, yes you can definitely make it to the top b-schools with a 95+ percentile. Having said that try to get as high percentile as possible.

ATB for CAT 2012.
  • 1 Like  

Hey...my profile
xth-61
xiith-61
bcom-51

I have got 74 percentile in CAT 2011. Is there any good college where I am eligible to apply. Or should I prepare for the next CAT?

koi to FMS ko reminder bhejo. kahin outsource to nahin kar diya kisi aur ko. kisi indian IT company ko kara hai to abhi 1-2 month aur lag jaayenge.we are expert in skipping deadlines.

• 1 Like  
PGPM 2012-2014 MDI Gurgaon CAT 2011 99.27 converts : MDI,NITIE,SJMSOM,IIM-RaRoTUKa,NMIMS,IMTG
ur example of the 65% guy is well taken, but my friend does he form the majority or the minority?
Yes, if u r talking of normalisation across boards, I am in complete support.

U urself contradict the third point bro. I never said that a guy who scores well in 10th and 12th will be good in NTSE, I said its the other way round. And that i think does happen wid majority of ppl.

I think we can't see CAT of now and CAT of 2005 in the same lines. With the kind of easy papers we are getting in online cat, much weightage cannot be given towards it. Though it cant be so absurd as that of IIMK.
The easiness in the entrance tests doesn't give a proper idea of how committed the candidate is towards MBA.
@sid

When the IIMs are looking at ur 10th, 12th and graduation marks what they are looking for is a person who has had a consistent record all throughout, a skill of utmost imp in a manager. U may have a guy scoring really well in his CAT but has had a pathetic record as 10th and 12th. So what do u make of him? maybe he just had a fluke in CAT!
not necessarily many of them who score average score 70 percent(one of my freind from bihar board scored 65% in 12th/and graduation to get that much is also tough scored 100 percentile in CAT exam and even in mocks now fluke will occur only once but occuring 40 times is something out of logic according to me if there is any logic let me know, but not geting call from IIM A,B just because of acads:|
now the boards which are of IIT standard Bihar Booard bengal board UP board Andhra board CBSE apart from that other state boards would be at best match with AIEEE level. Tamil nadu,kerala and karnataka boards have guys scoring 90% + unfortunately cant get into IITs(there also including IIT madras/mumbai you find most of them from UP bihar andhra bengal)

U say that people with paper presentations and other co curricular and extra curricular stuff need to be given a look in, well my friend if u bother to go through the final admission procedure of any IIM, u will find that things like profiles and proffessional diversity are given due weightage.
diversification of profile,other extra curriculars accolades in work place but average in acads unfortunately in IIM A B C weighatge is more given to acads where what you find the knowldge in books in i think not even 10% of what is used in coprorate world practically in standard and recognized firms as far as i know

Again to say a guy who's scored great in his NTSE and olympiads but not in 10th an 12th, is really too much hypothesis, since most ppl good in exams like NTSE do manage to make a mark in their boards too.
again wrong hypothesis there are many who mug up in exams and score 90 percent in board exams but unofrtunately such rote technique doesnt work with NTSE schilar exams there application of minds are required and chance is grabbed by good number of above average students who always love to use their freeodm of logic and study in their own way and also clear IITs(not necessarily a state topper being IIT rank holder)

ur example of the 65% guy is well taken, but my friend does he form the majority or the minority?
Yes, if u r talking of normalisation across boards, I am in complete support.

U urself contradict the third point bro. I never said that a guy who scores well in 10th and 12th will be good in NTSE, I said its the other way round. And that i think does happen wid majority of ppl.

sorry...repeated post..

sorry repeated post.

sorry repeated post

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

676 people follow this discussion.