About this discussion

Last updated

Author
@Maveric2006

Tags

1 year PGDM at SP JAIN Mumbai, jan 2008 intake.

Hi, I am interested in jan 2008 intake of 1 year PGDM course by SP JAIN Mumbai. Currently having 3.5 yr of IT exp. I will apply thry GMAT score. I could not find much info about this course specially: 1) Expected GMAT score. 2) Exp...
Follow this discussion to get notified of latest updates.
Page 2 of 4   

Hi,
One of my friend's has the below profile

Exp: 9 yrs (IT)

He wants to know the Post MBA profiles, salaries of the people joining with my experience. Please PM me if you have contacts of alumni of this course.

Myseslf Shashank, I had completed marine engineering from MERI(former DMET) in 2002 . I have sailed on board ships for 4 years. Last position held was that of 3rd engineer.
At present working in a marine software company in Mumbai as ERP Consultant. My present experience counts to 1.5 years making total work ex of 5.5 years.

Got a GMAT score of 700 and 89.54 percentile in CAT 2007.
have applied to SP jain PGPM course of one yr.
Got a evaluation call from SP jain GMBA.
How do you rate my chances for 1 yr mba in mumbai?

One Year PGPM @ Great Lakes

Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)

- 1 Year Fast Track MBA Program

- Accredited by AMBA, UK

- Ranked 7th by Outlook & Business Today in 2014

- Avg. CTC of INR 11.43 Lakhs in 2014

App. Deadline: 30 November, 2014

Learn More

10+ Global Associations with Leading Schools/ Universities

25+ International Visiting Faculty from Stanford, Yale, Kellogg, etc.

50+ National Level Prizes Won by Students in 2013-14

100+ Industry Leaders on Campus in 2013-14

3000+ Alumni Network spread over 28 Countries

Know More

Now this info helps. But I am quite taken aback by the fact that SPJ folks do not reply to emails !

Any idea, if shortlisted for the interviews, and the candidate is not in India, will they arrange for a telephonic one?

Anyway, good luck to all fellow applicants !

Mits1982 Says
Hey any of you guys have received mail from SP Jain Mumbai, as shortlist is gona come out in the first week of April..

Hello MITS,

Keep Cool ,the shortlist is not gonna be out atleast till third week of april , as per the experiences of some old students ....:grin:

If it comes by 1st week , all of us will be happy:grin:

Hey any of you guys have received mail from SP Jain Mumbai, as shortlist is gona come out in the first week of April..

Hi All,
I have applied for the 1 year sp-jain program.However,I have 3.5 years of experience as on 31st december 2007.By the start of session in jan 2009,I will have around 5 years of experience.
with the aforesaid experience do I stand any chance of getting an interview call?
my profile
gmat : 700
work ex :3.5 years(31st dec 2007) in reputed IT firms
acads : excellent
extra curric: good

Any pointers are welcome

Regards
N=1

Surbhi,

This thread is for SPJain- Mumbai PGDM. You my not get desired inormation here. There is a separate thread for SPJain GMBA or SPJain Dubai- Singapore. I suggest you post your query there to get a response.

Hi Friends

I have 3.5 years of exp in IT.
ANd I have appliued for GMBA's HR Mgmt course. Can you please help me advising about the career prospects after taking the 1 yr SPJ's course.

How much would be the xpected salary package since I am afraid if it would be comparable to my current salary or not.

Will I be comfortable absorbed and how is HR in general as a field.

Thankyou!

Dear Friends

Can you please help me with the information regarding the GMBA 1 year Singapore/Dubai course.
Is the GMBA Course recognised in US/Europe.

Are placements happening in these countries too or is it possible to work in US/Europe.

Requesting you to Please help me with this asap.

Thanks a lot
Please send a replys copy at : gsurbhi1@gmail.com

Ranjit,

I am not comparing US salary with Indian. But it is well known fact that all, yes all b-schools publish misleading salaries. In some extreme cases they even include the cost of your workplace as a part of your package !! So I doubt if 15L is actual salary earned by average student in SPJIMR. If yes, then that's really enough for a decent living in India.

Do you have any contacts with current or ex-students of SPJ ? I'd really like to know the reason behind total absence of such SPJ-mumbai students on this forum.

Dear Friend,

First things first, I believe that SPJain will be helpfull only if you are planning to come back to India (I see that u r in chicago). SPJain has a good record for placements atlest in India. The highest salary for Executive PGPEX last year was 22 lakhs. That might be a one off, but as a very basic common sense I believe 15 lakhs is going to be average.
I was not sure by your line where u said u might be comiiting a financial mistake.
One cannot compare a US or a UK salary with an Indian salary. The currency difference is huge and the lifestyle has to be taken into account. In india with a 15 lac+ salary one can have a good lifestyle. (I believe)

If u want to go into consulting abroad, then I think the IIMS, ISB's will be a better bet as they have higher salary packages.

By the way my name is Ranjit and I am working UK (NON IT--- Systems analyst).

I am thinking of the feasibility to come back to India. I know the salaries will not be comparable with that of UK but India is after all India.

cheers,
ranjit

Hi All,
My profile: GMAT:740 WorkEx: 5 years - in IT

I am also planning to apply for this course. But I have some doubts about the program. There is no participation from current students or even wanna-be students on this forum. I was amazed by the way discussions were going on in XLRI-GMP and IIM or for that matter even SPJain Dubai-S'pore threads.
Something that adds to my confusion is the placement stats. Now, my current salary is already equal to their "Highest Foreign Salary". So will I be a committing financial suicide by joining this course? No doubt my profile will change and this may work out well in the long run. Indian salaries look decent, but again it is well known how salary figures are already inflated by every B-School.
So the only reason I will go for this course is that I wish to get into consulting. But sadly there is no information about howmany people were able to get placement in consulting companies, what kind of profiles are sought by consulting companies etc etc. Lack of participation of current students adds to this mystery. And unfortunately any emails that I sent to adcom have always gone unanswered.

Hello ,

I am interested in jan 2008 intake of 1 year PGDM course by SP JAIN Mumbai.
Currently having 3.5 yr of IT exp. I will apply thry GMAT score.

I could not find much info about this course specially:
1) Expected GMAT score.
2) Expected student profile.
3) Selection procedure. etc.

Please provide information about this.

Also, i request all those interested in this course for the Jan 2008 intake, please strengthen this thread.

Thanks

"This email was made from 100% recycled magnetic domains. No binary trees were cut down to make it :)"

You mean Jan 2009 intake...????

Hello ,

1) Expected GMAT score.

Also, i request all those interested in this course for the Jan 2008 intake, please strengthen this thread.

Thanks
"This email was made from 100% recycled magnetic domains. No binary trees were cut down to make it :)"

Hi,

1) Expected GMAT score.

Also, i request all those interested in this course for th Jan 2008 intake, please strengthen this thread.

Thanks

"This email was made from 100% recycled magnetic domains. No binary trees were cut down to make it

Follow This Discussion

When you follow a discussion, you receive notifications about new posts and comments. You can unfollow a discussion anytime, or turn off notifications for it.

37 people follow this discussion.