Hello there , I have done my PGDM ( Post Graduate Diploma In Management ) from AICTE approved college , Indore Indira Business School ( Indore , Madhya Pradesh , India ) and I want to do job in countries like Canada , UK , US and Australia , but Australia is in top priority because I have some of my relatives there in Brisbane, I want to know that is my PGDM degree from here in India is valid in these developed countries /Australia , so that I can apply and considered for a job over there or I have to again do my MBA from these developed countries in order to get job over there ? Also I don't have much knowledge about the accreditation n all , and will like to know that what type of accreditation a university or a college here in India should have so that a degree in Masters from there will be same as a degree in masters from these developed countries…? Looking for your fruitful opinion.
Here is the link of my college from I have done my PGDM program, in Marketing.
Thanx a million in advance.
YOU MAY FIND READING THIS BOARING , BUT PLZZ HELP ME OUT.....I AM REALLY IN CONFUSION.
hello there guys , i am yogita , and i am doing BBA froma college in bhopal......and i need your help this time , coz i am really very very confused that which one i should choose , marketting or finance.......? now i am in 5th semister , and i have to chosse one out of two....and there is no HR in my college , so now i have to choose between marketting and finance.........
i have asked ppl abt some guidance regarding this , so thay told me , that everyone is choosing marketting , mostly it is a line for boys , and girls find it hard to do , and finance is better for girls , and .........all like this , in 11 th and 12th , my subjects waw bio science , and i am really not in touch with finance or accounts , so i have to study from very begging , if i choose finance........more over i was thinking taht i'll be doing my MBA in HR or advertisement..........
so here are some queries which i am having in my mind , plzz clear it guys..........
1. so just tell me which will be good for me , is it will be benificial for me if i'll take finance.........?
2 is finance is more good than marketting?
2. is marketting more tough than finance ?
3.after selecting finance is it will be possible for me to do MBA in adverstiement or HR ?
3.after selecting marketting is it will be possible for me to do MBA in adverstiement or HR ?
4. in marketting is it really true that our boss give us orders to complete target than he gives us the salary ( i.e after completing target) ? , i mean i am really confused guys , that we will be managers , so is it true that we will also be doing field work , or we'll manage the employees under us..........i am not getting excatly , wt managers do , i think they manage , but i need real information from you guys...............
4. is there any other good way to suggest ?
5. plzz help me and reaply , soon , coz i have to fill my form on monday , so i want a wise dicission...........
Please post your queries on this thread:
Please dont open threads without searching and/or for single queries.
In my opinion:
Cheers and Good Luck.
- Marketing is not only sales.
- Many people without a commerce background have done really well in Finance. So you can too.
- As for which is better - that is for you to decide.
Recall the last dialog of movie- Spiderman "With great powers, come great responsibilty".
I think there is no more to explain.
lets say you work in ICICI bank as an officer.
u will be expected to come by 9 AM and then leave by 8 PM.
once ur back home, most of the time there will be nothing for you to worry about. so this means you can enjoy ur time once your home, with family or ur friends.
now lets say ur in chanda kochar's shoes(she happens to be ICICI's joint managing directory), so now its not just a 9-8 job, but much more.
attending board meeting, decision making, planning, press statements, travelling for official matters so on
now being chanda kochar you cant tell ICICI that you want to go home and thus skip the board meeting, or my son's wants to get his hair cut so i need to be there. well it might work for some days, but not everytime.
all said and done, thats what management is all about.
P.S i hope i have not confused you more