I wud like to know what kind of roles does ICICI offer.
I was interested in it as one of my friends got placed in it from IIMA.He was not very satisfied with it in terms of compensation .
Just out of interest ,I wanted to question why IIMA shortlists some companies like HCL.ICICI ,infosys.Is it becoz the profile they offer at this college is different
from rest of IIM's,their has to be some reasoning behind it.
2) This is what I remember having heard, "IIM A is an institute for management education, and not a business school. We dont just teach u to do business, we make global leaders here"
3) A major component of the ratings on which these rankings are based is the average salary from placements. Considering the level of work-ex IIM A has, the average salaries fail to compete with global school. This may not be the only reason, but is definitely one of the major ones.
1. As already pointed out, 2 or 3 years in a software company doesnt really make u a better manager by default. As one of the our profs said, IT companies are just an extension of college life. Ofcourse, some of us do manage to pick important nuances that will hold us in good stead, but its unfair to say freshers dont make good managers. If u are not, this place will make sure u become one :)
2. The fact that quite a large number ofus are engineers is more due to the way education system in our country is set up. All smart people have only engineering and medicine as options. Again, lets not put all engineers in the same bowl. Every person is different in terms the things he has absorbed, a person's education is a lot more than just his degree certificate.In short, each one of us has something different to bring to table. But again, we aren't in a position to comment on how much better the learning is with more diverse group.
3. Dont worry, most of us who want to go to exchange, does get to go. It is true that people w/o any prior foreign exposure are given a preference, but u can easily get a foreign summers and also go on exchange. I am myself a living example of the same.
Yes, there is a huge discount in Latops cause you would be buying along with a 100 others, atleast. The only problem will be u wont have much customisation, but the laptop will be the latest model available, more than enough even for ur gaming requirements.
On campus, you CAN'T use cycles and bikes, simply because of its design. Lots of steps on the way. As such, distances between dorms and classrooms are too small to warrant vehicle. If u are lucky enough, you can reach ur class room from ur dorm in less than 2 minutes
But please do bring ur bikes along, atleast we seniors will get to use them
how people r chosen for summers ..by tht time we ll b having one term result at max ..wat s the deciding factor here apart frm interview
I would like to know how much time does a trimester last for .... i mean 10 weeks or how much.....
are saturdays working.....and can i have my sundays free......
Also is IIM A's proclaimed Case Study Approach too good....and is it really special....:poketounge:
How does one adjust from normal engineering routine to such methods....
Also would love any advice to engineers like me who have been chilling out and have made it through their final year without tooooo much effort... how to be ready for toughest study schedules in the world....
Hmm ... Aditya Birla Scholarship ... I personally don't know how important it is to people. It's up to you to gauge the importance of it. Anyways, it will matter only in monetary terms and maybe for placements as a good CV point. I would recommend choice of institute not be made on this as the institute has a much longer term impact on you than a scholarship. So I would suggest you talk to seniors who have had ABS shortlists the last year and decide. Also talk to people about the institutes and their merits and demerits before taking a call.
The academics... Well it is rigorous, but it isn't too much. It's about learning to work under pressure and tight schedules when you have a lot to do. It's difficult at first, but you get used to it very soon. And I personally have learnt a lot from those days where there was a lot to do.
100% attendance rule does not exist as such, but generally it is advisable not to miss classes. There are marks for attendance. But you require atleast 80% attendance. But your "CP marks" might suffer a bit.
And about the "Gyan" .... be careful what you wish for
.... you'll get lots of it ...from profs, batchmates and most importantly !! Us PGP 2s !!!
ACP to that! (Start getting used to the lingo guys
Congratulations People. Welcome to the world of WIMWI.
Before you shoot all your questions, hang on till you receive the courier from IIM A. Most of your queries will get answered. The Yahoo group is also going to come up soon, another huge source of information.
For now, chill and party out for some time. As Samy said, sab ho jaayega.
Hey guys...me off to ING Thailand this summer
Profile: Asset management and investments
Name : Rohit
NIT, Surat -59.6
1.Have done very well in my job, got promoted to the level in 1 year where it takes atleast 3 years
2.Very diverse hobbies - Horse riding,sketching,social causes
3.I have been involved with quite a lot of leadership activities
4.Extra curicular is very diverse - debating, model presentation, sketching awards, TnP , CHRD, Co-ordinator of the fest
5.IIT Rank -1361, State Rank - 23
1.Bad Acads in Engeering
2.Two year drop after +2
Can you guys suggest on what lines can interview go?
IIM A,C,L,I,K, IIFT, XIMB