By 95% I meant, 95% of the front desk roles are offered in ABC ( go through there placement reports) and the rest 5% in other top 10 colleges. People were offered associate profiles too.
We are not even talking about IT so that can be kept out of discussion.
From what I have seen, most of the front desk roles are offered in ABC ( and few in other top 10 colleges) while Indian I banks offer front desk roles in top 10 b-schools(JM Finance, SBI caps).
i banks coming to ISB would only prefer candidates with prior finance background because it is a 1 year program( somwhere in between regular mba and executive mba).
I doubt if the fact( 95%) is correct! When you say back office, you included IT in that, didn't u? I can say with some certainty that Business Analyst/Analyst(IT,Back Office) roles are the most common profile offered to the students of top 2 year MBA programs in India. My facts are based on the sample space of my friends. Only one got an intern as a trader. And guess what, he was already a CFA before he got into IIM A.
Talking about getting into an i-bank- I don't think it will be difficult getting a back office(BA role) job. I work for an i-bank so I can tell from experience!