My apologies for not being active on the TISS forums. Also apologies on behalf of my useless batchmates ,
ok guys for the GDPI, hmmm.. there wasn't much that i went about asking and i didnt do much of head scratching etc. But yes let me list down certain questions that must be clear in your head before you kick off:
1. Why do u wana join TISS, why not some other B-school?
2. Are u looking for placements at TISS (say no!, else u r history)
3. Why HR? & why from TISS? why not MDI or XLRI?or saw the new thingy at IMI or IMT?
4. Why shifting from your present (whatever you are doing) to HR?
5. What do u know about the course at TISS (HRM&LR;), ? (please be prepared about the course, pedagogy, and lotta other stuff that are really unique).
6. Why should we take you ?
7. Your strengths & weaknesses that may/will aid you in being a successful HR professional?!
8. Questions on family background, gaps in study years (if any).
9. Have you been in touch with senior(s)? (i had said yes, & it had worked, but remember : "half knowledge is dangerous"), ponder & decide..!
10. Questions on your work experience! (wherever you are working)
11. Question on why u dont wana work before further studies( if u are a fresher).
12. Where do u see yourself 5 years from now? etc.
I will stop here for the time being, 13 being an unlucky number !
but seriously guys, the system of selection here is so robust that its very difficult to fake it and make it! be genuine, gotta be genuinely passionate about TISS, HRM & LR, & you gotta have a certain Social angle to your intentions. Cuz when u pass out you definitely will be a more socially sensitive manager. IT may all sound glamorous and puffed up to all of you now, but trust me, 2 years in the system & i am laughing at myself now, it works & you will just not know that its working! nevermind, all this, trust me TISS is the best thing that can happen , everything here has a magical feeling, the faculty, the campus, the pedagogy, the girls
, the folks from other courses, the politics, the 2 years, the hostel life, the dam green campus, and of course (you are in mumbai!), i can just go on & on .. shall refrain from carrying you all away to the wonderland. Lets keep our feet grounded, the time will come when you can fly!