I think one should go for quality when it comes to GMAT preps. I choose The Chopras - KAPLAN and it was a fantastic expirience for me. The materials, classroom coaching, PLS etc. helped me alot. Still remember the way Gautam sir, Oli ma'am, Roshni ma'am, Abhijit sir and others taught me. They always gave individual attention. Study was so much fu under them.. Thanks Chopras, you really helped a lot in shaping my career...
Hey all, I think KAPLAN is a good place to do your preparation for GMAT/GRE etc, and in India "The Chopras" are it's sole provider.
manisha v Saysthanks a lot sir, sir i have gone through your web site and i am very well satisfied with course structure, summer internship, faculty members etc the only thing which is bothering me is aicte's notice that it has asked the state govt 2 take action so we cant expect the consequences of it. if in any case anything happens to college as closing down the college or banning the certificates provided by college or filing a case on it.....etc all these will definetly effect student's studies and future. so i want to be clear that without aicte approval will the college run safely and work that effeciently without any problem can it really achive sucess even after this?????????????????
Hi Manisha V,
I have got selected for this B-School & after extensive research, I have decided to join it
I visited the campus personally, spoke to the students of Kolkata,Ahmedabad,Mumbai & Hyderabad on Phone as well as internet, Also spoke to education counselors from Pune & Goa.
United world Group also has a very big corporate background and have been involved in huge business in south east Asia. So its not one of those B-Schools who will pump in beginning & slow down later coz their entire structure is Robust right from the top level.
Their head structure also have a primary school in mumbai where the fees is in lakhs. They are the biggest partners of Procter & Gamble too. Board of directors and founders have been associated with some big industry names with decades of industrial experiences
Also this is not of the typical B-Schools where u will find typical PhDs in faculty unlike other B-Schools.You dont need those PhDs to tell you what an MBA requires in terms of Industry requirements.The faculty are from IIMs and XLRI's and have worked in the core industries with none of the faculty below 5 years of experience. They are brilliant and also matured.
This B-School knows exactly the areas to strike to distinguish itself from other B-schools and I believe that once this participates in rankings, its not far from the day it will be counted among premier institutes. And most importantly, its selecting Quality students for their admissions. So its neither easy for just anyone to get into it
Make your decision well.All the best :)
Hi I am Sayan Banerjee
I was my college's topper from University of Calcutta with 70.75% marks in grduation in BSc.I had secured 74.99%ile in CAT and 96.6%ile in Dec MAT.
I took admission to UWSB-Kolkata yesterday and here are the reasons why:
1. Faculty at UWSB comes from the ivy league colleges across the world.I personally met a couple of faculty members and I was pleased with that experience.
2. The infrastructure is pretty good for a reputed B-School like UWSB
3. I met some HR professionals from Ma-foi randstad(a leading HR company),Timesjob.com and others who told me a PGPM+MBA degree from UWSB will pay huge dividends in the future for my career.
4. I also met a lot of students of UWSB-Kolkata and I got a great impression of the college from them,all of them feel they learnt a lot from UWSB and are very proud of the faculty,who are simply awesome..
5. Lastly placements too have been very good so far and when a college has such outstanding faculty,good infrastructure,great curriculum and willing students good placements are bound to happen(isn't it??),moreover many people have been placed internationally to countries like UK,Singapore etc already!!
So I choose UWSB and I hope for a great 2 years at UWSB...