I am extremely sorry that such changes have been made in the criteria after calls have been given. The minimum cutoff criteria should have been looked into earlier. We truly regret that so many applicants have been disheartened. There's not much that we as student coordinators can do regarding this as such decisions are taken by the management.
I will speak to the concerned decision makers and update here if any positives developments take place.
@Rakesh911 said:Hi, I am preparing for phase 2 of selection procedure. Just want to know what should I answer if they ask me, 'Why IIT Kharagpur?' then what should be my genuine response?
@saurabhlumarrai said:sauvik sir...just one thing-can you please elaborate why the waitlist movement were very less last year when VGSOM used to have significant waitlist movement.I remember you are in the admission committee last year also.
1. I can't comment on the seat to call ratio but historically there has been significant waitlist movement here which should favour you eventually.
Last year we had several difficulties and the number of seats filled up or the waitlist movements were less. There were some exceptional circumstances which resulted in this.
I personally think if you perform well at the GD/PI stage you may have a very good chance here.
2. At the later stages, GD/PI results would matter the most. But the profile would definitely continue to affect your overall chances of admission. Understand that even in the PI, you are likely to be asked some questions on your profile. So it would surely matter.
3. In my knowledge you can take a print out of the email attachments in case you don't get a courier mail. I believe dj1088/legendtim would be able to answer this better.
@staaalinnn said:@MasterOfTheTige and yes they just want to raise some good bucks from this type of process...
@moup said:@legendtim /others - Do present students have any information about any applicant's personal information at any stage of the selection process?
I think many of you are a little confused with the 'references' column.
As such references are generally needed if there's some discrepancy in the information you have provided. It should not be an issue for you as long as you are honest.
Ensure you put the names of people who can vouch for you and are of a stature or designation above you.
I see quite a few queries on sectional cutoffs and on entering scores for board exams.
Here's what we as admissions committee have to say:
1. Sectional cutoffs were not considered last year but this year we may consider. However the decision would also rest on the quality of applications. If we are losing out on many good profiles due to sectional cutoffs, we may not consider them this year as well.
2. For class 10th & 12th level scores, enter the percentage on the basis of the method followed by your board. For example, ICSE/ISC should follow English + best 4/3
I hope this helps. Would also request people to redirect to this post in case further queries are asked here on these issues.
@dj10888 said:Dear aspirants,This is to notify that there has been a recent development regarding the CAT cut off. After detailed discussion ,the faculty coordinators have decided that this year VGSOM will consider a minimum overall cut off. Although the calls will be profile based, a candidate will need to secure a minimum cut off (mentioned below)to be eligible for online application :General : 95 percentileSC/ST/PH/OBC : 83.125 percentileBest of luck to all who are eligible.PS: I apologize for our previous replies which were made considering the situation prior to this latest update.