What you can'nt get in IIM-A
1) Wide variety of peer experiences
2) International students
3) A world class infrastructure (a la ISB)
4) International Faculty (if you are looking for it)
5) International placements
6) No specialised MBA, so more questions about post-grad roles/placements
7) No slogging/mugging
I dont know where you got these info. Please read the clarifications to the same in the same order.
1) We have students who hail different educational and pre-MBA career backgrounds such as Police, Armed Forces, Medicine, Law and the like. More than 50% of the batch are experienced. FYI, I am law graduate with 5 years of work-ex.
2) We have exchange programmes wherein 45-50 IIMA students go to foreign universities. An equal number of foreign students join IIMA too.
3) Come to IIMA and see the infra for yourself. I have been to ISB. ISB's main block is new. Our main buildings are old. Looks of the building need not necessarily translate into better or worse infra. Strictly, I dont see any correlation. BTW, hope you have seen ****'s stell and glass facades.
4) IIMA does have visiting faculty from abroad.
5) IIMA has had a long proud history of International Placements. If you are a regular reader of financial periodicals/dailies, you would know.
6) IIMA has a separate agribusiness programme. Apart from that, the rigorous and packed curriculum equips the students to master in a varied range of disciplines. And IIMA never claims to offer specialised MBA, but only general management. And IIMA is not a B-School, it is a mangement school (Hope you understood the difference)
7) IIMA teaches "no sweat no gain". And it works.
BTW I doubt that there would be anything different for PGPX at least for the first batch since this would be more or less experimental and IIMA would be wary of experimenting too much given that PGPX is still to be recevied by industry.....Remember ISB.. it had hard time selling its course in the first two years
I dont have any idea how PGPX was received by the industry. AFAIK, no research agencies have come up with any reports on the same.
And I guess the PGPX programme wont be an experiment.
One request to Ketan, before offering expert opinion to the students on the forum, please verify your facts. Such things will not only increase your credibility, but raise the utility of the forum as well the students' gain.