hope your PO preps are in full swing...
i guess i have done a blunder in applying for UCO Bank PO... I dint mention the relevant details on the back side of the Bank Draft, but hve posted the application already.... Does any one have any idea if the application will be summarily rejected?
Please confirm ASAP... though i know there's not much i can do now..
I'd like to echo Love_CAT here. And a bit of Rik too. I, like the former, am not a member of the KDT, if being a member is tantamount to being eligible to post your scores on the thread which in turn lead to the ranking of KDT as a whole on the PGPL Forum.. if I'm not wrong, this is what DT's are functionally about. And this initiative has been taken up so that there is there is a healthy competitive environment,which makes the countdown to the CAT all the more enjoyable and enriching.. It's certainly a superb venture by PG.
But, KDT (and all other DT's) are much more than mere mock CAT percentiles.. When there are those PG meets, the posting and subsequent addressing to the queries of lesser mortals like me, the words of encouragement to the puy who has screwed up the odd mock, and above all, the seemingly endless initiatives by our beloved skip, Rik, then we do realise that KDT is nothing less than a revolution.
And this initiative of having a conference discussing the AIMCATS of TIME... if I am not wrong, this is one venture which is unique to KDT, courtesy Rik. I, myself, have taken part in just one (last week) and believe me, all those who have attended any so far, will know, the atmosphere is electric.. the interaction we have, the queries being put forward and addressed, the efficient handling of the entire confy by apna skip... it just rocks..
I had my mind dead set on attending yesterday's confy, but some 15 odd mins prior to the confy I learnt that I'd be unable to do so. Here I may mention that I am a regular student of TIME, so "apparently" I dnt need a confy to solve my doubts, but i knew that i must attend this confy because:
1. AIMCAT 909 was the best approximation to a CAT paper considering the past mocks,
2. We, at TIME, did not have any analysis of the paper, when most of us had really expected one.
So when i could not attend the confy yesterday I was a bit nervous, coz having doubts before the next mock means you have backlogs... And the first thing in the morning, I logged in to PG to have a look at the confy transcript .. I was pretty sure this transcript would be particularly long... but instead I found Rik's post..
Now to cut the crap,
1. there are many in KDT , who are not attending any coaching insti and who might not be able to clear their doubts anywhere else but at the confy,
2. there might be people who, like me, need to attend the confys in spite of attending coachings, because , as Love_CAT puts it, the ideas that u sometimes get here are radical and worth preserving.
3. As for me, I was happy with reading and analysing the transcripts, cause I always felt that the best minds on KDT are putting forward there insights to the mocks , but only recently I understood tat if i bring in my share of doubts and approaches, that is more desirable.
4. There might be days when we cant attend the confy, but if that is the case we should inform Rik well in advance. And if something happens real close to the confy timing(as with me and cat.ka.maara yesterday), we should sms Rik about our inability to attend. I bet all active puys have rik's contacts(i dnt hav his number, so I mailed him).
5. We should understand that being the captain , Rik has the responsibility of staying online for a good amount of time, before the confy starts, and so if finally no one turns up,it's a complete waste of time on his part.... So if puys, who are regular at the confys, inform Rik befoerhand, it becomes easier for him to plan in advance, and if need be, for a particularly typical AIMCAT as 909, the meeting can be convened at a later date.
These are just suggestions on my part. Being an earnest well-wisher of the KDT, I thought I have the responsibility to make this post.
One request to Rik, please don't discontinue the confys, they are enlightening, especially with the last few TIME mocks to go, where, it's expected that TIME will be streamlining their mocks more and more.
A request to the puys, please contact Rik.
Is there any one in Kolkata who can donate his CL mocks and study materials, especially the Quant mats.. Please PM me then.
Thanks in advance..