Guys, I will cite couple of reasons that i would think matters NOT to take a specialization:
- Some specialization draw fat paychecks, so i should go for it.
- All my friends are going for one specialization, so i should go for it.
- Companies in my placements come looking for a specific specialization, so i should go for it.
- College is not offering a particular specialization because of less no of MSG (Minimum Students Guaranteed), so i should go for others.
- I am a graduate in one stream, i should only go for that specialization. E.g, Commerce guys are pushed for Finance.
I suggest, guys first each and everyone needs to understand self. Understand thyself. Your likings, dislikings etc. Easy way to find that out is, do a google, go for a Job aptitude test online. Then spend some time, introspecting. You will then realize what you want.
Other way to address the confusion would be, get some Job Descriptions/ KRA for some profile from JobSites. e.g. Business Analyst with Wipro, BDM with HCL, Sales Manager with ITC. And read through these JDs and find out whether what these guys do day in day out really interests you or not. Probably that would give an indication as to what kind of profile is more suited to your likings and you can then plan the best suited specialization for that.