It is results time now. Even though the results won't be out before 9th Feb, many of you must be sure of the NMIMS call, especially the ones with 210+.
Allow me to share some GD 'tips' with you...Please keep in mind that these are developed keeping in mind the NMIMS GD process only.
When you enter the GD room, it will be a batch of 8-10 people inside. There would be 3 faculty members present to grade you. Only one of them would interact with you during the whole process of 15 minutes.
1. You are not supposed to look at the judges while speaking, you MUST pay full attention to your batch.
2. You should try to be the one among the first 3-4 people to speak. If you manage to speak sense within the first 2-3 minutes, you might well have clinched the deal.
3. It does not mean that you interrupt other people initially. GIVE EQUAL CHANCE TO OTHERS, Show them that you are MANAGER material.
4. If you have spoken around 3-4 times introducing examples, new ideas or a different take on the topic, your job there is done.
5. NEVER shout, abuse or interrupt during the process.
6. Have a chit-chat with your group before you enter the room to create a sense of ease. Make a common agreement against a fish market. Remember, even if you don't indulge in a 'fish market' GD, the whole group is given 0. This comes straight from our faculty.
7. The topics would be more general than current affairs. They would demand that you delve into your past readings to come up with something smart. My topic last year was " Are e-devices reducing importance of libraries?"
8. Don't start the discussion if you are not sure about the topic. Hear some people out so that you can form your opinions.
9. If it is a topic like " Is Lokpal justified?", NEVER take a side initially, ever. Assess the situation, give pros and cons and then you may summarize later.
10. Dress smartly, it helps. Wear a suit !!
The panel would give you two topics, your batch has to vote and decide. Normally, you would not face a topic which sews up your mouth. 15 minutes, that is all you would get. Make use of it.
Refer to past PG articles for more tips too.
Next Up: HR GE process tips !!
Hey Manas...i've score 213 in the 2nd attempt...QS: 72, LS 77, LR 64...overall 213...wt chances in mumbai core? Also...i dont remember for which all programs i hv applied to...can u tell me whr do i check?
Nmims dont send any mail saying u've registered fr these programs