hi senoirs and fellowmates who will be joining L....
for 2 days i was out of station so could not able to post my questions....
1) i want to avail the needy scholarship given to SC/ST students....my father income is below 1 lakh....what are all the things i need to have to apply for that scholrship....income certificate given by MRO authorities will be ok??. will it be given to selected students(this is what i can infer from IIML website). if so, what is the criteria for that?
2) any other sources of funding like SC/ST scholadship and merit scholarship from some companies?? what is the criteria for those scholarships? i read from the IIML site that 1500 rs will be given to SC/ST students.
3) i am working in CTS. one of the IIML alumni is wokring here. i talked to him. he said bike will not be useful in the campus. there will be a shuttle service running from college to city. is that true??
4) what is the exact fees for this year?? figures in IIML website are older ones?? i think they hiked to 2 lakhs..
5) once we pay the first installment, will they send the bank loan application?? IIML alumni said PNB will give 5000 per month for personal expenses..that is gud news...:)
thankyou in advance...
Cant answer all of your queries, I'll ask someone who knows to visit this thread:
About the loan, and this applies to everyone:
PNB is by far the most popular bank on campus and a striking majority take loans from them. They will send you a brochure with the list of required documents to you with one of your letters, so relax.
The process is extremely cool, just come with your documents to their counter once you are here on campus ... youll get your installment cheque almost immediately. There is nothing special you need to do. If you have any doubts, just call on their contact number which theyll send you. Loan is the last thing you need to worry about, banks are dying to give you one
And yes, PNB gives a personal allowance component as well
As for the bike, you can live without one, plenty of buses leave the campus to certain spots in the city and back. However, it has been known to be of convenience, especially if you want to eat out a lot, are in a committee that needs city visits often etc