Congratulations to all the converts! I am a student of SCMHRD batch 2010-12.
I write this to share my experience as a student applying to SCMHRD
1. Xth 92% dav Rourkela
2. XIIth 67% BJB Bhubaneshwar
3. An year gap for preperation
4. B.E. Biomedical Instrumentation from not very known college avinashilingam coimbatore with 90%
5 2008 graduate but no work ex as due to recession wipro had not given a call but joined in 2009 sept currently have 11months work ex (7 months wipro + rest at T.I.M.E as Quant DI Faculty)
1. In 2009 I applied for SCMHRD- With the profile i felt my GD and PI was decent in fact good. I thought that I will get a call but i didnt. I went around talking about it to all my friends that the college does not do justice to students etc.
2. in 2010 I again applied for the same. I had calls from XLRI, XIMB, NMIMS, IMT etc. I got thru SCMHRD and other colleges too apart from XLRI. I chose SCMHRD.
After joining the college and taking up HR as my specialization, I could reflect on my performance for both the years. In year 1 I was very enthusiastic but lacked few aspects which was required to go ahead with the course, Year 2 i did develop those qualitites owing to my exposure to various platforms which helped me gain the seat.
Now performance varies every day. A student must have not performed excellent in college X but would have in college Y. Its not constant. Had I joined SCMHRD in 2009, with the rigor and effort required in year 1 I would have surely fared bad. But by 2010 i was well conditioned and had developed myself to handle any kind of stress including failures.In managerial life there will be conflicts and failures, its the attitude that will define a good manager. Be optimistic
, if it did not happen it doesnt mean we are bad, it means we have few aspects to improve upon. If anyone wants to discuss about my experience can pm me.