I had made a pretty long post regarding all the accommodation options yesterday afternoon. But it got deleted coz of 'some' PG Server Issues.
Else, I'll have to retype the whole post. :|
A few pointers:
1. Hostel Accommodation
1. For Guys: Hostel is of average quality. 4 students stay in a room with a single cupboard and study table provided for each one. It is a bit old. Washing Machine is available and the hostel mess is quite decent. However, the cost is really high - more than 10K Per Month. It is located at a 10 min walk from college.
2. For Girls:Hostel is newly constructed with top facilities like (Hotel standard) room cleaning and spacious rooms. Rooms are either 2 or 3 seaters. Although a bit expensive, for what I hear, they are completely worth it. Located at about 1.5 KM distance from college.
2. Rented accommodation
1. Paying Guest: It is something which is not very common among students here. In fact, you would rarely find anyone with PG here. The reason is lack of freedom and independence and higher expense.
2. Flat: Now, the rent of the flat depends on following factors
* Location (Distance from college, locality, et. al.)
* Furnishing level - Fully furnished (Almirahs, wardrobes, beds, AC, TV, Fridge, etc.); Semi-Furnished (Bed, Almirah, etc.); Not-furnished at all (Plain walls, no furniture, nothing)
* The typical rents for a 1 BHK range from 15K to 25K depending on the above factors. Normally 3 or 4 people share a 1 BHK.
* The typical rents for a 2 BHK range from 25K to 40K depending on the above factors. Normally 5 or 6 people share a 2 BHK.
* There is also the option of 1 Room Kitchen type of flats. Typically rents are 6-10K. Maybe shared by two people.
* For flats, the brokers charge a commission of 1 month rent. And a deposit of around 1 Lac for a rent of 25K-30K is a norm.
* Areas where students live are: Andheri (w), 4 Bungalows, 7 Bungalows, Juhu Circle, Juhu Gali, Vile Parle (W), Vile Parle (E), Andheri (E). If you stay in East, then the rents are comparably lesser; however commutation is a pain during peak traffic hours.
3. Rented flats at Goregaon are very far: No one really stays there.
I have tried to cover all the points possible. Please PM me in case you have any more doubts.
THIS WAS POSTED BY DEEP AGARWAL.... PLease PM him for queris