Even though you would hate to admit, but it still is true. My i/v really went good (I have the full details posted on this forum) & still I m on the reject list, which shocked me like anything. ISB is consciously trying to reduce to bare minimum the number of people with significantly higher work ex .. especially people with work ex close to or above 10 years (like me & probably Kavith2010) ..
This is very clear and following can be the reasons for the same:
- Companies coming to ISB expect most of the people having work ex of 3-6 years in the class. So they have a fairly good idea of the kind of role that they will offer to people in mind. People with work ex of more than 9-10 years do not fall in that bracket. Those people have a little higher expectation from the role and end up unsatisfied. ISB do not want such people in the class any more.
- People with more than 9 yrs work ex have higher salary (easily far more than 10 lacs) .. That hurts ISB's incoming salary. ISB is not sure whether it will be able to place those guys at more than double that salary. Hence it affects ISB's outgoing / incoming salary ratio (which is 2.1 right now), which they don't want as it is one of the criteria of the FT's ranking system.
c_syama SaysCongrats to all those who got in...I have a question for you..Is there anyone with more than 9yrs exp who got the admit? As far as I see I don't find anyone with that much exp...It worries me...I am an R2 applicant..
Dinged! Feel cheated!
Sent my 2L to IIMB today....
Thanks everybody for making this whole process enjoyable though...
I am based out of Dubai and planning to select Delhi as the interview location. I am not too comfortable with telehonic interviews/skype. (i.e. only if i get a i/v call)
- Can anyone advice, how much in advance does ISB send out interview calls?
- Just out of curiosity, is there any specific i/v location in India that has maximum selection rates?
- Is it better to select HYD as i/v location over other cities?
kapilk_agrawal SaysModerator needs to approve the membership before you can access it.
I just sent a request to join the yahoo group. I searched the group at group.yahoo.com but could not see it!
maverickx SaysAnd how much is the initial amount to be paid?I mean if it is not a big figure then there might be some guys who will say yes to them and then later not turn up in case they find greener pastures..
I subscribed, but didnt get any email back.
frmmarinertomba Sayshave any of u guys rather puys who got iimB admit tried to call ISB
Congrats for the admit mate....I dunno what college you will choose eventually but I did my undergrad from Bangalore and i absolutely love the city...great that you have an admit with you now,and a very good one at that!!
I think for once you can take NV2008's advice and contact ISB to find out your result maybe on 24th....I think you cant take the risk of not responding to IIMB waiting for ISB results!!
anyways....for now just go on and party hard!!