Thanks a lot!
aditya_ksj SaysThanks a lot :)
got it ... sorry it is in IIT Roorkee thread page 34
Re: IIT Roorkee Final Result Out - 12-05-2010, 08:38 PM - Add Post To Favorites
Originally Posted by ankit.batra View Post
sir i ve googled a lot to find if there was any further update in this but i could not find ny such order plz tell ur source .acc to me seats will be converted bcoz of supreme court order
I've heard the same thing... Last year the program began with 17 seats vacant(don't know the category wise breakup). But, this year the supreme court ruling says that if some category seats are vacant, then they should be converted to general so that more candidates join and the revenue increases.
here is the link http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-2012-iit-roorkee-final-result-out-25053013
More on the topic found in IIT Roorkee thread
These are few links i found while googling for vacant obc seats and all of them suggest that-
- its the institutes decision whether they wanna convert d seats 2 general category or not
- generally most colleges convert the vacant seats to general...
- Unfilled quota seats for general by Oct 31: SC: Rediff.com India News
- IITs, IIMs Asked To Fill Up Vacant OBC Seats - Supreme Court Asks IIT & IIM to Fill Up Vacant OBC Seats
- Supreme Court - Vacant OBC Quota Seats to Go to General Category
- Over 30 pc OBC quota seats in DU vacant - India - ibnlive
I request the seniors to please throw some light upon this issue....
hi seniors ,
Can you plz shed some light on what job profiles and in what sectors are offered to people with 2.5 yrs of work ex in IT
tanudeep SaysHi Bhavin... thanks for the information, but it is not yet clarified that will IIM-I allow people with study leave to appear for final placement or not. Can anybody please clarify it who has contacted the placement cell of IIM-I?