Congrats to all the call getters!
Yesterday, admission committee achieved the first part of the final milestone by declaring the result for the GD/PI.
Just putting up some points which might be useful to you all and some of which have been put up earlier also.
1) You should be dressed up in formals with TIEs (Suits or business formals not necessary).
2) Plain shirts with light color, dark trousers would be appreciated.
3) Guys should be clean shaven.
4) Girls should wear either the formal shirt & trousers or salwar kameez with dupatta.
5) Apart from it, please take care for minor things like proper combing, no gels, nails cutted etc.
1) It would be done for the genuine cases(substantiated by a valid proof) on first come, first serve basis. So hurry up for it. Request will be taken till a day or too.
2) Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
for the same
1) The topic in our year was a general topic with a bit of abstract nature.
For example, it was Reservations and Reservations in my case.
2) Normal group discussion size is 12-15 students with a duration of around 15 minutes
3) 3 Panelists were there in our time, with judges from outside DMS too(industrial people)
4) They just check, how you perform in a group and check attributes like leadership skills, innovativeness, presence of mind etc.
5) Being verbose is not taken as a good sign rather a brief, concise and clear thoughts are appreciated.
1) In our time, there were 3 panelists with a mix of professors from DMS and industrial people.
2) Interview is taken in accordance with your work experience if you have or your acads if you are a fresher. Even if you have work-ex, you can expect a few questions related to your acads.
3) The panelists are looking if the candidate can talk sense even if not the exact answer.
4) They check if the candidate has the learning and stress taking attitude which is a must in an MBA life
5) Last year, all the interviews were cool. Very few could be classified as stressed interview(like mine)
1)Start reading the current affairs regularly as you may expect question on the same
2) Many of us were asked rapid fire questions related to economy, corporate sector and stock market. Just blush up few deals done in the recent past
3) Come to DMS campus before time to get settled before GD/PI
4) Do read the newspaper on the day of your interview
5) This year, IIT celebrated its golden jubilee year. So, try gathering some information about that as well.
6) You all would be assigned mentors in some time.
So, guys now the ball is in your court. Start preparing hard and join DMS :)
Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
Class of 2012http://www.iitd.ac.in/deptt/ms/result.pdf