I'm using the study material provided by the institute for Level 1 along with Kaplan Schweser notes for Dec 2011 L1 exam. Do I need to use any other material?
I bought the TI BA II+ calculator today for 2000 bucks from SP Road (Bangalore). Is this enough to appear for the exam or would I require the TI BA II Pro?
Congrats to all the call getters!
Yesterday, admission committee achieved the first part of the final milestone by declaring the result for the GD/PI.
Just putting up some points which might be useful to you all and some of which have been put up earlier also.
1) You should be dressed up in formals with TIEs (Suits or business formals not necessary).
2) Plain shirts with light color, dark trousers would be appreciated.
3) Guys should be clean shaven.
4) Girls should wear either the formal shirt & trousers or salwar kameez with dupatta.
5) Apart from it, please take care for minor things like proper combing, no gels, nails cutted etc.
1) It would be done for the genuine cases(substantiated by a valid proof) on first come, first serve basis. So hurry up for it. Request will be taken till a day or too.
2) Send a mail to email@example.com for the same
1) The topic in our year was a general topic with a bit of abstract nature.
For example, it was Reservations and Reservations in my case.
2) Normal group discussion size is 12-15 students with a duration of around 15 minutes
3) 3 Panelists were there in our time, with judges from outside DMS too(industrial people)
4) They just check, how you perform in a group and check attributes like leadership skills, innovativeness, presence of mind etc.
5) Being verbose is not taken as a good sign rather a brief, concise and clear thoughts are appreciated.
1) In our time, there were 3 panelists with a mix of professors from DMS and industrial people.
2) Interview is taken in accordance with your work experience if you have or your acads if you are a fresher. Even if you have work-ex, you can expect a few questions related to your acads.
3) The panelists are looking if the candidate can talk sense even if not the exact answer.
4) They check if the candidate has the learning and stress taking attitude which is a must in an MBA life
5) Last year, all the interviews were cool. Very few could be classified as stressed interview(like mine)
1)Start reading the current affairs regularly as you may expect question on the same
2) Many of us were asked rapid fire questions related to economy, corporate sector and stock market. Just blush up few deals done in the recent past
3) Come to DMS campus before time to get settled before GD/PI
4) Do read the newspaper on the day of your interview
5) This year, IIT celebrated its golden jubilee year. So, try gathering some information about that as well.
6) You all would be assigned mentors in some time.
So, guys now the ball is in your court. Start preparing hard and join DMS :)
Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
Class of 2012
wat is the last rank upto which the calls were given?
got the call but gd/pi scheduled for 5th mar, 2011 -> clashing with other call
mailed to admissions....hope they re-schedule it
Congrats and ATB to all the call getters :)
Vikki25 SaysMy rank is 3637 (NC-OBC). But not called. Minimum sectional score is 12. Can seniors plz help.
Is the attestation by the gazetted officer compulsory. I mean, will it be enough will if self attest it and bring the originals to the venue. Will it be enough to satisfy the admissions committee?
I am currently working in Bangalore and it will be impossible for me to get out of office on a weekday as I am pretty overloaded. :-(
today's topic of discussion was 'men are losers'
had a good discussion. we plan to have a discussion tmrw as well
10:00pm.Max limit 8 guys. First come first serve basis.
fill this in case not filled.
hey guys..cud u tell me wats the kind of GD IITD has? is it a case based or a topic based or something else?
puys i dont knw whether this is a proper thread to post or not,but i need your help. I had paid twice while applying online for jmet. initally when i had called them,they had said to contact them in feburary. now their site is down, and i cant find the e-mail address.
Can ne1 plzzzz help me find the e-mail address of gate/jmet iitdelhi???
vadda veer SaysbRYAN BHAI LIST KAB AYEGI??????? :drinking:
verma17 Sayshey dude though i am not a senior, but i think u have more than decent chance..hope for the best and the luck will take care of the rest :thumbsup:
A good news for all of us. Time to cheer up and tighten your shoe laces for GD/PI 2011.
DMS IIT Delhi has been ranked 4th in terms of "Research Quotient" (Period-> 2000-2009) as evident on the Economic Times(Delhi Edition, Page 15, dated 7th Feb). The link is as follows:
In "Career360" rankings(2011) of B-Schools, DMS IIT Delhi has been ranked as 7th throughout India.The link is as follows:
Careers360 - Think higher education! Ranking 2011: Best public sector B-Schools
With all this, we expect you to definitely put a very good show at GD/PI process. All the very best.
Department of Management Studies, IIT Delhi
Class of 2012
IIT delhi 2 Year MBA (Full time) - IITD MBA Admission
I just found out i had forgotten to enclose my DD along with my application form. I have sent other necessary docs. Is it possible to send the DD separately ? If possible Do I need to attach any documents? Also, It would be late if I send it now ? will my case be considered.........
My App No: 45496
Seniors/Ad com please help....
pulkit745 SaysDo we get an acknowledgement that our application post has been recieved by the admission's office?
akjuggernaut Saysmy jmet rank is 2555...i belong 2 OBC...is der a chance 4 me 2 getting a call?
velavan.s SaysWhat is the (total) fees structure for MBA program in IIT Delhi for two years...?
I managed to finally submit my form online today. Now I have to print it and send it to IITD. As one week is left, can I go and submit in person? I stay quite close to IITD.
Seniors, could you please let me know where the form+draft can be submitted? Which building/floor/etc?