Aritro9782 Says...the hatchet is buried, guys. ...
can somebody post here the body of 'rejection mail' that one receives from ISB, once you have been dinged!
thanks in advance.
jayshrej SaysI have my interview on Saturday. Any idea of how much weightage is given to one word essay? Also pls help with good hotels around ISB
hrishikesh76 SaysThanks for the great tips crazycalvin, is it possible to change from casuals to formals at ISB itself? How did you travel back to airport, does Meru send cabs to ISB for a pickup?
ShowStoppers Says... your partial experience too
My interview was scheduled for this Sunday, 3 PM.. Today afternoon I got a call from ISB asking if I can take a 10:40 PM slot if I am landing there early.. Since I was, I couldn't say no.. But now thinking that to show up at ISB directly from the airport (and may be with a crumpled suit ) will definitely not add brownie points .. Any practical suggestions from folks who went to ISB directly from airport, on what to do and what not to? And how to keep the suit crisp :-)?
Fellow puys who have interview Sunday morning: see you there..
ATB to folks having interview tomorrow..
Does anyone remember the link(s) to the documents posted earlier in this thread where people have contributed their interview experiences? Search ain't what it used to be anymore!
For all those who feel they've made some mistake in the application:
ISB's mindset is of selection, rather than rejection (something that we aren't used to). It is only in the final stages when the rejections creep up due to the sheer number of fine people applying.
So if you feel you've made a mistake or misrepresented something in the application, reach out to ISB Adcom and they'll help you out.
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer."
@Calvin - genuine questions yours
I will join ISB if offered. I have not applied to other colleges. And yes, in my interview as well the board mentioned twice about their infrastructure (perhaps) focus on placing students in a different bracket of he market than where I seek a placement.
I don't think this was a discussion on CTC but one on roles and responsibilities, and I told them that I appreciate their apprehensions and that a placement from ISB was not the only thing that I want to get from my stint at the ISB. I also told them that I would love to take part in the placement process and if needed can organise my own placement and also aid the placement process for other batch-mates.
I have a question to add to the list - my job contract requires me to serve a three month notice I am not sure if a March 2011 confirmation would sit well in my scheme of things. How about the rest of us?
My profile 700/10.5 years/ Non IT (BPO and Management Consulting). W/L for 2012.
How many of you (me included) waitlisted folks feel that:
1. Either ISB feels you will join elsewhere even if offered a seat by ISB
And / Or
2. ISB would (or feels they would) have trouble placing you, given your already high CTC (say around or greater than the current average ISB outgoing CTC)?
Nothing to do with expressing disappointment of being waitlisted and thinking that one had a strong profile. Rather, I am just trying to rationalize stuff.
I am kind of bothered by (2) above.
What about you folks?