Hey Mansi, Needed your suggestion.
Request you to spare some time in going through my profile.
1. 10th - 75.4% with 98% in mathematics (subject topper in mathematics) but 52% in English
2. 12th - 80.0% (School topper and North-East region Topper, however, I don't have any newspaper cutting or any proof of being North East topper)
3. BE (Electronics) - University of Pune, 64.5% overall (First division) and ~71% in final year (first class with distinction). I studied in a college which was situated in a village (near Shirdi), so there was no placement
4. Drop of 1 years searching job / preparing for MBA; got admission in a Tier - 2 college for MBA.
5. Graduated in Marketing Majors and Financer Minors with "A" Grade (CGPA - 3.7 / 5.0)
6. Total experience of ~7 years in various field (1 year IT sales from 2008 - 09 - Was laid off due to market slow down; 2009 - 2011 - Consulting and training; 2011 - current - Working in Toyota in diversified role from Dealer Operation Kaizen to Territory Management)
7. During job I have materialized many big projects as a team member (SOP e-learning development and dealership training for Mahindra Navistar, Toyota SOP development and e-learning development, Call Centre pilot set up at 2 dealers, customer retention initiative). Currently I am the Territory Manager for North East dealers of Toyota.
8. Extra Curriculars Not much - During Schooling - House Captain, Participantion in Youth Parliament, awarded 2nd best student-teacher on the occasion of Teacher's day; During NEginerring - Member of IEEE and ISTE student's chapter, organized 2 National level paper presentation, Participated in Blood Donation camps; During MBA - Class Representative for 3 semesters, member in student committe for course improvement; Associated with NGO initiative of our college - Pranay
9. I am planning to go for 2nd MBA, Reasons - Actual growth and exposure is less than expected, Want to go into Strategic consulting and General Management role.
10. I am targeting ISB for class of 2017; yet not given GMAT, planning to do somewhere in the month of August/September, preparation is going on
11. Going abroad for studies is challenge due to high cost and family (have wife and small kid)
I request you to evaluate my profile and give me your honest feedback on: How ISB will look into my application (esp. because I already have an MBA), and need your feedback on if I get through the ISB; will me being MBA already, adversely affect my chances of getting a job?
I would be highly grateful to you if you can give your true feedback and guide me.
How are the job prospects of some one who already has an MBA from a Tier 2 institute? Do placement companies look at them from a different angle?
Hi gurus and mahagurus,
I want to know from anybody, how would ISB look at someone who has a prior MBA and a work experience of more than 7 years.
Here is my situation:
Xth = 75.4% with school topper in Mathematics
XIIth = 80.0% School and north east reiognal topper
BE (Electronics) = 64.5% from The University of Pune
1 year gap for MBA prep/searching for a job
MBA (Marketing and Finance) = 3.7 out of 5.0 "A" from Symbiosis, Pune
Total work experience of 6+ years in various field (IT sales, Automotive consulting and training, Sales Management), by 2016 i will be having more than 7 years of work experience
Currently working with World's largest car manufacturer
Extra curricular = Nothing much, full time member of IEEE College chapter during engg., and Placement Brochure presentation team and an NGO during MBA college. Have done bit of a trekking with my trekking group
During job I have worked on various functions like Kaizen, Dealer Management, Sales etc
Currently working with one MBA friend of mine on a business plan related to automobile sector
From Extra curricular I am very weak I guess as I don't have much in my CV to show
Any clue, How would the adcom look at it?
Hi @Dev_MBApagal how r you? Have you pursued your dream of doing MBA one more time?