1) Is the work experience sufficient?
I dont think it will be a problem if your profile is good ..In our batch there are many people with 5 years exp. I have seen people with 10+ years getting a rejection and people with just 5 years exp get thru. It all depends on your overall profile and the value you can add to the batch.
2) Is only GMAT required or do i need to take another exam?
GMAT is sufficient.
For this year, telephonic interviews were also conducted. So, that shouldnt be an impediment to apply to this course.
I believe that OG 10,11 , Manhattan SC and Scoretop VIP along with 1000 SC,CR and RC is more than sufficient to get a good score on GMAT. For tests , I would say that princeton,Kaplan in the early days of prep and GMAT prep
I am planning to go to Jamshedpur for doing the loan formalities. I did not get a very good experience in Pune SBI and Canara Bank . I am planning to leave on 14th Apr.It would be great if anybody who has completed the loan formalities would shed some light on the process.( time required, documents for self and guarantor etc.)
Also, it would be great if somebody can suggest a reasonable and good hotel to stay for two days.Also let me know if accomodation can be booked in the campus itself. Any inputs are greatly appreciated .This will help me to plan accordingly.
Thanks a ton.
Did the letter come by courier. If yes , which service. What is the Date of joining ?
I contacted adcom today for my change of address. Everybody who needs to change the mailing address should send a fax to XLRI with the new mailing address. The mails will be sent by first week of april.
Adding some more fuel to the placement scenario for GMP...
Following are the snippets of placement at IIMA for PGPX . If this can happen at IIMA , why not XLRI ?
Key placement related facts
1. Salary levels
1. Average salary so far, on par with last years average.
2. Discussions for senior positions currently in progress, which is likely to push the upper end of salaries and hence the averages.
2. Participant experience level range: 7 -17 years
3. Titles / Roles offered so far
1. Senior level: COO/ VP/ GM
2. Middle level: Senior Manager / Manager
4. Key recruiters who are participating
1. Consulting co.s : McKinsey, Booz Allen Hamilton, Accenture, ATK, PWC and so on
2. Industry / Conglomerates: Reliance ADAG, RPG, AVB, ITC and so on
3. IT / ITES: Microsoft, Google, Infosys China, VSNL, Tech Mahindra, Syntel and so on.
5. New recruiters: GE, Tata Steel, Adani, Future Group, Fino, Electrotherm, iNautix and so on
6. Expecting at least 5-6 boutique consulting companies to recruit at lateral levels based on participant experience.
7. Participants are choosing roles, growth and compensation in that order when making choices.
8. Most recruiters from last year returned, vindicating the value of PGPX offering.9. 20% new recruiters are recruiting this year.
10. A lot of interest from start ups / SMEs this year for senior roles.
11. Retail and Real estate are emerging as hot areas of recruitment
12. Challenging international assignments in UK / US / Middle East / Asia Pac in Consulting / product management / engagement management and account management roles.
13. The design of PGPX is built on the Institutes well established experience of designing and running postgraduate management programmes for exceptionally bright students and a wide range of executive education programmes for practicing managers from many countries. It takes into account the substantial and varied experience the selected executives bring to the classroom.
14. The objective of the programme is to develop bright, enthusiastic, and aspirational executives into management leaders and change agents in the global arena.
I and the river card are from Pune...