count me in ..i'll also be writing GMAT next yr
but i am 21 right nw and have few othr options to try ,but a US MBA is definitely my first priority , i have a time frame of 4-5 yrs bfore i apply for an MBA ... but i am writing GMAT for sure..next yr!
i want to join a coaching insti for june '10 exam , in delhi , i would really appreciate sm inputs frm ppl abt the coaching classes FINguru/pristine classes..etc..
Is CAT fair now?
Will the CAT ever be fair if we continue to adhere to the onl9 format?
consider the shortcomings::
1) It is absurd to believe tht prometric ppl would be able to conduct an exam for 2.5 lac students in a span of 10 DAYS, unless IIM's themselves have thr own testing labs whr 500 students can take the test at the same time..
2) PRometric ppl have only a fraction of blame to be shared , it is solely IIM's fault consider this :: even if prometric ppl have been able to conduct the test properly was thr a gurantee tht the invigilaters would have adhered to a strict code of conduct thr have been reports tht invigilators were very uncooperative , had thr cell phones in the testing labs, how do u put an end to it?
prometric also conducts exams like GRE ( so they r very credible)
3) To start with CAT was always a very unstructured exam ..by tht i mean write CAT 3 times u can have a percentile range frm 70-99!(many ppl actually have tht kindff range and mind you i am not saying tht thr scores increase gradually ..they just are all over the spectrum! so end result the LUCK FACTOR is a hugh thing whn it comes to CAT!
4) my most serious question which no one so far has put up...wht abt the misprints/incorrect questions..?
It was unfair evn in the PBT format whn IIM ppl made one single ppr, the were miprints but since tht ppr was taken by all the candidates it was still justifiable , now with 20 pprs it is redicuolus to assume tht IIM ppl would not make mistakes in setting the ppr..so it all boils down to the SLOT u picked tht's gonna decide ur fate..in an exam whr in CAT 2008 a 51 in VA could have got u an IIM -A and a 47 in VA with 99.85 percentile would have not helped u in getting tht seat!
Q) wiLL the things change next yr?
- my ans to tht question is read abt IIM-S these days , tht elucidates how serious IIM ppl are , moreover they don;t give a crap if ur future is at stake the fact is india is a pool of innumerous talent , if one deserving candidate goes out of the compt. for no fault of his own thr is always the next DESERVING guy waiting in line!
only advice:: " Be ExcEPtioNaL OR bE gOne"..FOR CAT 10
Hello u can only tell me that should I prepare CAT or Not..I am giving u some points of mine..plz tell me on the basis of these..
Year 2000- High School - 56% - U.P. Bord.
Year 2002- Inter - 73% - U.P.Bord.
Year 2005- B.Com. - 64%.
Year 2005- IATA (International Air Transport Association Exam).
Year 2005- Joined R.D.M.(A Joint Venture Between Bird Group and Lufthansa Airlines)
Year 2007- Left R.D.M. and come back to home to Prepare Commercial Pilot License Exam
Year 2009- Rejected in Medical Fitness for CPL due to Color Blindness Test..
I have no extra activities and never participated in social programs etc..
Now Plz tell me should I prepare for CAT to get admission in good colleges and what...I am so confused and nobody is here to tell me what to do and for what I am eligible
sm guy already asked abt this ..but was just one response regarding this..
anyways i am asking the question again ::
1) percentage-GPAs conversion?..[ i am a final yr grad my % is 68.3 should get ard 70-71 ard considering percentage usually jumps quite a bit in the final yr]pls elucidate how diff B- schools follow the methodology for PERCENTAGE -GPAs conversion [for eg ard 70% would put u at ard 2.0-2.99 considering the topper frm my university would end up getting a gpa of 3.2 smthing!..seems rediculous!)
2) my second doubt is although i have been scoring very high in my CAT mocks(97+ in last 4 mocks) ..i no way intend to do an MBA frm india ..i just prepared for CAT as i had nothing to do ..[:P]
I researched quite a lot about foreign b school's especially columbia business school wht i realised was tht for indian;s it asks for a very high GMAT score ( 750+) which makes sense, since diff universities in india have diff criterias for evaluating a student [ say a 80% frm RGTU is quite comparable to a 70% in pune university ] it is propostorous to assume tht ADCOM would have all the statstical data available with them for all the universities in india ..so a high GMAT scores clearly tells the ADCom tht a student has the acumen to handle the curriculam the same thing wht one's GPA'S say !!
these are just my thoughts but i would really like sm inputs frm you all!
PS:: all the stats i hve presented r no way after a lot of research i have just quoted thm frm my memory ..[:P]
thanks ..for ur reply..!
hi guys ,
just a small query
why r people so keen on studying schweser notes?
isn't it better tht u study the curriculam thouroughly tht is sent by the CFA ppl..tht in itself would take a hugh amount of time ..to study if u on top of tht add schweser notes n additional stuff you would have to skip some stuff frm the prescribed curriculam would tht be advisable?
hi guys ,
just a quick intro i am a final yr engg grad frm gwalior , i have registered for CFA level 1 june'10 exam and will be preparing for the exam in DELHI ..
i should have asked this question bfore registering ,but anyways m doing it nw..
is thr a point in clearing all 3 levels of CFA and also having a PGDM(finance)? wouldn;t tht be redundent?